Page 113 of 420 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have no interest in NO WAY HOME. I haven't watched any trailers. I haven't sought out any information on the movie. And yet simply by osmosis I feel like I already know everything about this movie. Go figure.
    Again, that speaks more to your level of media consumption than anything else...and that's something you control.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Again, that speaks more to your level of media consumption than anything else...and that's something you control.
    So limit my normal internet habits, even though I look at nothing that relates to NWH, because I will still see spoilers. But it isn't out of hand?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It didn’t, except for people who obsessively watch trailers over and over again trying to figure out what happens in the movie.
    Or obsessively visit sites and posts that talk about said movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So limit my normal internet habits, even though I look at nothing that relates to NWH, because I will still see spoilers. But it isn't out of hand?
    It isn't. And you won't. I haven't been spoiled beyond seeing the trailer. I don;t click links to people talking about it and its easy to pass by articles, even the head lines. See a mention of Spider-Man? Don't continue reading that head line.

In another instance, with Star Trek and Doctor Who I haven't gotten the chance to sit down and watch Hawkeye yet...and I haven't been spoiled. I don't read the topics on it here, if I see a headline related it to it I easily breeze past it and if I see a friend on social media mention it I do the same. Nothing about that is difficult or a great sacrifice.

And Cruella has been out for ages, I want to watch it but haven't gotten to it...and yet I've avoided spoilers.

And it's not any harder now than it used to be...it's just online instead of print or TV. Back in the day I had a subscription to Variety, regularly watched Entertainment Tonight and Siskel and Ebert at the Movies...and if there was something I knew I wanted to watch with the least bit of spoiling...I'd just abstain for a bit. For someone with the media consumption I had at the time that meant that at times a lot of what was a my usual go tos for entertainment would be limited occasionally...but that was because I chose to consume that media and then chose not to in order to see certain things fresh. It wasn't hard then and it isn't now.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 12-10-2021 at 05:11 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It isn't. And you won't. I haven't been spoiled beyond seeing the trailer. I don;t click links to people talking about it and its easy to pass by articles, even the head lines. See a mention of Spider-Man? Don't continue reading that head line.

In another instance, with Star Trek and Doctor Who I haven't gotten the chance to sit down and watch Hawkeye yet...and I haven't been spoiled. I don't read the topics on it here, if I see a headline related it to it I easily breeze past it and if I see a friend on social media mention it I do the same. Nothing about that is difficult or a great sacrifice.

And Cruella has been out for ages, I want to watch it but haven't gotten to it...and yet I've avoided spoilers.

And it's not any harder now than it used to be...it's just online instead of print or TV. Back in the day I had a subscription to Variety, regularly watched Entertainment Tonight and Siskel and Ebert at the Movies...and if there was something I knew I wanted to watch with the least bit of spoiling...I'd just abstain for a bit. For someone with the media consumption I had at the time that meant that at times a lot of what was a my usual go tos for entertainment would be limited occasionally...but that was because I chose to consume that media and then chose not to in order to see certain things fresh. It wasn't hard then and it isn't now.
    Its still out of your hand. Cruella dies at the end of the movie.

No, she is not, or I don't know haven't seen it. But you get my point. I could have give you a spoiler, and you read what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Its still out of your hand. Cruella dies at the end of the movie.

No, she is not, or I don't know haven't seen it. But you get my point. I could have give you a spoiler, and you read what I wrote.
    It's not out of my hand at all, so no gotcha moment for you. I chose to enter a discussion knowing it could happen...because I weighed the pros and cons, how important is it to remain entirely spoiler free versus interacting with others who share my hobbies...and the latter was more important. And if I hadn't brought up cruella, or hawk eye here the odds of them being spoiled were pretty low and only increased because I chose to mention them.

I would say that I often have no problem avoiding spoilers by not watching trailers or commercials. But there are movies like No Way Home where it is much harder to avoid.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

No spider-man date for china so far. If not released there this will cut down on that huge ww box office they are expecting.

It'll be huge without China. China would just seal the billion. Though I can see it crossing the billion even without it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

It is out of hand. The title spoils it all. Unless one doesn't surf the net with exceptions to their favorite bookmarks chances are you will find out something you don't want to. Unfortunately I already glanced at spoilers about The Eternals from titles of articles I wasn't even looking for. There's no way you won't find out spoilers about NWH waiting for it be available streaming.

Slow start for west side story. Encanto and ghostbusters did ok. Fathem events doing great with christmas with the chosen.

Sword art online passed the million mark.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/west-si...nd-1234888675/

This weekend robotech (macross) returns to theatres. Not sure how well it will do. Next week a small movie about a spider opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It is out of hand. The title spoils it all. Unless one doesn't surf the net with exceptions to their favorite bookmarks chances are you will find out something you don't want to. Unfortunately I already glanced at spoilers about The Eternals from titles of articles I wasn't even looking for. There's no way you won't find out spoilers about NWH waiting for it be available streaming.
    It's really not difficult to browse past subjects you don't want to read. Do you seriously read each and every article title from start to finish before you scroll down some more? No, you don't you scan for subjects that catch your eye before you fully read, and if you don't want to be spoiled and you see Spider-Man mentioned while you're scrolling which ever source you like simply scroll past it.

There are spoilers in the article titles Guardian.

There are spoilers in the article titles Guardian.
    Yes, but you don't read every single article title to completion when browsing a news aggregate...you just scan down as you scroll and if you know you don't want to read about spider-man if you see it mentioned or a picture of spider-man you just keep scrolling, don't stop. If you choose to stop and read an article title knowing that you don't want to be spoiled then it's on you for deciding to stop and read the whole title. Basically, unless you're strapped in a chair with your eyes forced open and made to consume every bit of media there is clock work orange style you can choose not to be spolied and it doesn't require a whole lot of work or effort.

I have the feeling spoiler hysteria has reached ridiculous heights. I mean an actress just got temporarily banned from instagram because people complained that she spoiled her appearance in a current MCU show, which is ridiculous because it was totally obvious she would appear in the show due to her very last scene in her last MCU appearance.

Recently I stumbled upon a trailer for the first Avengers movie and it's funny how spoilery that trailer was compared to more recent MCU trailers:

Not only did they already show the circle shot that went on to become the most iconic scene of the movie already in the trailer (that's almost like showing the Avengers Assemble scene in one of the Endgame trailers), they even show how the Hulk is saving Iron Man when he's falling from the sky, that's literally the dramatic conclusion of the final battle, lol. If Marvel released such a trailer nowadays fans would get completely mad.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.