Page 134 of 420 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Fans called him that for years.
    I hadn't seen that until people used it in this thread. He really does seem like a super-villain out to destroy all that was good at Disney. He's a Parks and Merch guy, not an Entertainment guy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Simon Kinberg’s 355 bombs with only 4 million opening weekend with a 70 million budget.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-09-2022 at 10:50 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I hadn't seen that until people used it in this thread. He really does seem like a super-villain out to destroy all that was good at Disney. He's a Parks and Merch guy, not an Entertainment guy.
    Go to the disney park forums and other disney places. He has two nicknames lex luthor and bob paycheck. He has been hated for years by disney fans back when he ran the parks. What i said was kind to what they say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Simon Kinberg’s 355 bombs with only 4 million opening weekend with a 70 million budget.
    Poor Simon Dark Phoenix and now this

Reporter Skyler Shuler posted on Twitter after the decision that many Pixar staff were upset and voiced their concerns about the decision.

People are forgetting some Pixar staff are upset and have voiced their concerns and rightfully so. Look at Raya and Encanto, one received a Premier Access release with a theatrical run, the other a 30-day theatrical run then Disney+. The last 3 Pixar films get neither option.

This reply was in response to Matthew Belloni’s (@MattBelloni) Tweet:

Just talked to a Pixar friend who says Luca and Soul moves to Disney+ have been demoralizing for employees: “Forget theaters, we’re not even good enough for an upcharge?”

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/01/d...moralized-ab1/

Yup here it comes!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It makes sense not to upcharge, Raya apparently didn't do very well vod wise and it's obvious why to me: kids aren't picky, so why spend extra money on something new when they'll gladly watch Frozen for the thousandth time?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Poor Simon Dark Phoenix and now this
    He is not building a good filmography is he?

No way home has beat titanic. Needs $10m more to pass infinity war.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/weekend...55-1234906089/

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Disney+ Is much different than Netflix though, there isn't that same overwhelming glut of mediocre content getting released week after week to bury things. We don't have hard data, but Luca was listed as still being in the top twenty most streamed movies last month on Disney + and it had been out for like six months at that point and despite the film coming out a year ago the algorithm still suggests Soul for me and places a big ad for it at the top of the screen when I open the ap...so yeah no erasure going on.

Plus the prime audience for these films, children, love to watch the same things over and over and over again...so again there is no fear of these films being lost and forgotten, and their ease of availability means that there will actually be more audience appreciation than less.

I mean, I get the disappointment to a certain degree, " Why doesn't Disney think the film I worked on is worth at least a 30 premium VOD? Don't they think our work is good enough to attract attention and sales?" That would be disheartening to think that your work was being undervalued...but by the same token not being behind a pay wall means more people are going to see it. Black Widow made a lot of money on that exclusive VOD on Disney +... but I'm willing to bet some random disney movie from years past probably had more streams than Black Widow did that week.
    You are right on the difference between Disney+ and Netflix. That said, I'm sure if one showed interest in MCU content they'd also still get Shang-Chi recommended prominently and that is a theatrical release. The ease of availability on Disney+ isn't limited to streaming-only releases, a theatrical movie benefits from it in the same way, but on top of that it also had the benefits of its theatrical release.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well the original expectations were wrong about Spider-Man. The film didn't do what was projected. It actually did $3+ million better and ends the weekend at $668+ million. So its a nice bit of a haul there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Box office from deadline-scream expected to make $20m. NWH expected to defeat avengers iw, deadline calling belle the wild card. They don't know what it will make!

https://deadline.com/2022/01/scream-...ew-1234908950/

Retired

I think what will kill the NO WAY HOME run is the 45 day window--if Sony sticks with that. The reason that AVATAR had such a big box office was because it was allowed to run for months and months in theatres.

Box office from deadline-scream expected to make $20m. NWH expected to defeat avengers iw, deadline calling belle the wild card. They don't know what it will make!

https://deadline.com/2022/01/scream-...ew-1234908950/
    With the positive reception and Monday being a holiday I'd estimate a considerably bigger number than 20 million for Scream.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

At the very least the Belle trailer looked gorgeous in a big screen.

Scream makes $3.5m in thur previews. May make $30m now but not sure. So between $20m to $30m from the looks.

Belle expected to make around 5th to 6th to 7th place at the box office even though ironic it has a better rt score then scream does! Shame this is going to not do as good but no ads for it much didn't help.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ce-1235075211/