Page 142 of 420 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Again

So no kids AT ALL in theatres in the uk. They will have to sneak in or wait for video release. That's why uk theatre chains were so upset. KIDS CAN'T GET IN TO SEE IT PERIOD. No even with a adult.
    If you genuinely believe no kids will get into the theatres to see a 15 then you're just very mistaken.

Sigh. With that said i do need to say sorry for that last post sounding kind of grouchy. Been having "fun" moving things around rooms today so was not in the happiest mood earlier. Sorry if i sounded kinda annoyed.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-26-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No he doesn't.

Unless you think voice acting is nothing.

Cree Summer while most folks know her from A Different World has been doing voice work since she played Penny on Inspector Gadget with her Dad.

Arthur just ended-Sonja Ball (Arthur's Mom) has never did a live action show or movie. She started at age 13. She is 65 this year.

She has worked nonstop since 1989. Cree and Phil Lamarr and the casts of The Simpsons, Family Guy, Arthur & American Dad can boast that type of work load. Maybe Tyler Perry can too.

Folks would love to have that long of steady work.
    The point was, just because an actor is in a big blockbuster hit doesn’t mean that will translate to other movies this actor is in.
    I believe Uncharted would still be a hit with or without Holland.

Uncharted heading for $23m second weekend. Dog having good second week also.

Godfather 50th rerelease having good weekend in theatres also. The two new releases on the other hand not not fare as good.

Also death of the nile stumbles in china.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/box-off...an-1234960680/

Next week a "realistic real world" movie about a rich guy in a batsuit with 007 gadgets swinging around like spider-man fighting 20 thugs and not getting killed in seconds fighting a girl in a cat suit comes out. (can't get more real then that huh?)

It's expected to do pretty well.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    The point was, just because an actor is in a big blockbuster hit doesn’t mean that will translate to other movies this actor is in.
    I believe Uncharted would still be a hit with or without Holland.
    You have yet to give a valid reason for thinking that way.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Really, it was only 2-3 months ago when the last Resident Evil movie (made with the intention of being more faithful to game events and locales, no less) made less worldwide than what Uncharted made just in its 1st North America weekend. And that movie cost a lot less than Uncharted and turned out to still not have a chance. The idea of Uncharted's current success being that removed from its star power doesn't pass the smell test.

Uncharted hits $226m WW.

No way home has reached titanic global run.

Sony’s Uncharted handily crossed the $200M mark globally this weekend, after adding $35M from 64 overseas markets and $23.3M domestically. The international box office cume is now $143M. Worldwide, the Tom Holland/Mark Wahlberg-starrer counts $226.4M.
    Sony also boasts another milestone of sorts with another Holland-starrer as Spider-Man: No Way Home reached $1.85B worldwide to surpass the original 1997/1998 global run of Titanic ($1.84B, unadjusted).
    Sing 2 still going!

In another benchmark, Universal/Illumination’s Sing 2 pirouetted past $200M internationally, now with a $200.3M offshore cume. This weekend in 66 markets, the charmer added $8.4M for a 21% drop. In the UK, it is expected to surpass the original later this week. The UK is the lead market at $39.3M, followed by France with $20M. The global total is $351.5M.
    and--

Toho’s anime Jujutsu Kaisen Zero, which released in Japan in late December, has now grossed $6.7M from IMAX there, making it the format’s fourth biggest Japanese language movie of all time.
    https://deadline.com/2022/02/unchart...ce-1234960950/

It’s what I think, get over it.

It is wow how DOG is going to surpass Nile is North America box office.

It’s what I think, get over it.
    And that's completely okay, as long as you're open with the fact that it's based on your own subjective feelings rather than actual objective facts.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

And that's completely okay, as long as you're open with the fact that it's based on your own subjective feelings rather than actual objective facts.
    Just agree to disagree

Just agree to disagree
    It's not an agree to disagree situation, you haven't given any evidence to support your position and when you can't do that then you're just making a purely subjective comment. And there's nothing wrong with that, I don't have any objective reasons for being bored by WWE wrestling for instance as it just doesn't suite my tastes, you just have to be self aware enough to know the difference.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-28-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah looks like low budget, modest hit. Were they thinking this movie could have been Oscar Bait for Tatum?
    No...this was a tryout film for Tatum...his next film should be Oscar bait. He should get better financing for his next film.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sigh.
    Off topic but I need to say it. any one who starts a post with "sigh" just comes off as very condescending.

It's not an agree to disagree situation, you haven't given any evidence to support your position and when you can't do that then you're just making a purely subjective comment. And there's nothing wrong with that, I don't have any objective reasons for being bored by WWE wrestling for instance as it just doesn't suite my tastes, you just have to be self aware enough to know the difference.
    It just what I think. I don’t know why this bother you, I don’t why you care what I think.
    But if you want evidence and fact here it is.
    Tom Holland has never starred in a live action movie that became a hit with no existing IP. Until he does, I’m sticking to my beliefs.
    Last edited by tarbabe; 03-01-2022 at 11:37 AM.