Page 160 of 420 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Doc strange now at 803 million worldwide. The way its going international I think it has a chance at a Billion.
    Nah that's a lost cause.

Doc strange now at 803 million worldwide. The way its going international I think it has a chance at a Billion.
    $400 million domestically is possible. $1 billion globally is a long shot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    $400 million domestically is possible. $1 billion globally is a long shot.

I don't know. If if get 400 million domestic I think it can do it. It raked in over 50 million international in the last 3 days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Nah that's a lost cause.

I don't think so. Its doing really really well internationally I would not be surprised.

Mighty Member

I don't know. If if get 400 million domestic I think it can do it. It raked in over 50 million international in the last 3 days.
    With $461m international and $342 domestic I would not say a billion is impossible, but it's unlikely MOM will probably end around the high $900m.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    With $461m international and $342 domestic I would not say a billion is impossible, but it's unlikely MOM will probably end around the high $900m.

I will have to look how these International numbers come in during the next week. Im really surprised how good it is doing overseas. Its blowing by some really big comic book movies some that even had releases in China and Russia and made big money there. I mean its going to pass Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and that thing made 90 million in China and almost 30 million in Russia.

Ultimate Member

MoM is still cleaning up overseas.

If it misses a billion it won't be by much.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I will have to look how these International numbers come in during the next week. Im really surprised how good it is doing overseas. Its blowing by some really big comic book movies some that even had releases in China and Russia and made big money there. I mean its going to pass Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and that thing made 90 million in China and almost 30 million in Russia.
    The original Doctor Strange made over $130-million in China and Russia, so it was under $550-million without them and this is headed over $900-million. No other franchise works like Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The original Doctor Strange made over $130-million in China and Russia, so it was under $550-million without them and this is headed over $900-million. No other franchise works like Marvel.

It truly is remarkable. And people are saying this thing is underperforming. Those People are on crack.

Mighty Member

It truly is remarkable. And people are saying this thing is underperforming. Those People are on crack.
    That is because both fans and nonfans of Marvel movies have unrealistic expectations. A lot of people seem to think that any Marvel movie that doesn't hit a billion these days is a sign of Marvel fatigue.

The fact remains that of the 28 Marvel movies 10 of them have made over a billion most of them were Avengers movies, MOM at 803.2M place it at number 14 on Marvel's highest WW box-office gross if it makes 900M it will be ranked at number 11. Without China, Russia and a few Middle Eastern countries these numbers are very good.

It's amazing that Lost City and Everything Everywhere are chugging along and making good money. Front loaded blockbusters aren't the only way to do it!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    It's amazing that Lost City and Everything Everywhere are chugging along and making good money. Front loaded blockbusters aren't the only way to do it!
    Everything Everywhere is my favorite box office story of 2022 so far. I loved the movie and it’s had a great run. When it was around $20-million, Deadline said it would top out at $30-million. Blown past that and you’re right, chugging along is a good phrase for its performance.

^ I read that they covered the entire cost of Everything Everywhere with foreign distribution sales. So the movie started making a profit from the beginning!