Page 170 of 420 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

So while Maverick continued to do its thing, not only did Elvis not outright bomb for the type of movie it is, but The Black Phone had a bigger opening weekend than Old from last year, which had the benefit of having a more recognizable director in M. Night Shyamalan.

So the box office is not only recovering, but diversifying at last.

Astonishing Member

Unbelievable how TGM is dominating at the box office. Haven't seen it yet but read some comments the reason why it's so damn good because it doesn't involve any type of politics. Haven't read anything controversial about it at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Unbelievable how TGM is dominating at the box office. Haven't seen it yet but read some comments the reason why it's so damn good because it doesn't involve any type of politics. Haven't read anything controversial about it at all.
    Elvis bombed? I have no desire to see it, but 50M box (30.5 domestic) on an 85M budget seems fine to me. It does seem like a terrible time to release it.

When other films only made $20m $30m is pretty good start. Plus it was fighting top gun and the dinos. Speaking of dinos they are near $750m ww!

Small note--

The big screen debut of Marcel The Shell With Shoes On opened at $170K on six screens in New York and LA, the highest PSA of the weekend at $28,267 for the iconic lonely snail voiced by Jenny Slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    So while Maverick continued to do its thing, not only did Elvis not outright bomb for the type of movie it is, but The Black Phone had a bigger opening weekend than Old from last year, which had the benefit of having a more recognizable director in M. Night Shyamalan.

So the box office is not only recovering, but diversifying at last.
    I'm not sure the box office is recovering per say but it's definitely on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Unbelievable how TGM is dominating at the box office. Haven't seen it yet but read some comments the reason why it's so damn good because it doesn't involve any type of politics.
    That's an awful take from them. Of course it's political but in a way that perfectly suits the current political climate. That's one of the main reasons why it's such a success.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Top Gun has come out of the blue to make more money than Jurassic Park Dominion and Dr Strange 2 is beautiful.

Jurassic Park Dominion and Dr Strange were mediocre bad movies. Their box office should have dried up much faster, same thing should happen with Thor: Love and Thunder another movie that looks as bad as Dr Strange 2.

If Top Gun becomes the highest grossing film of the year, it will be awesome, although Avatar 2 can spoil its fun.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

What helped Elvis was the trailers and making the film look like a huge epic film. On FB people were excited for it and wanted to see the story of the man who went from nothing to the King of Rock n Roll.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

And looks like monday gave elvis the win for first place.

Astonishing Member

I mean those are really good numbers for an Elvis bio pic in this day and age I think.

Minions expected to make between $65m to $75m.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-of...te-1235304893/

Will it be a sing 2, addams 2, scoob or croods 2 or will it end up a monster family 2 or rons gone wrong in the long run?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean those are really good numbers for an Elvis bio pic in this day and age I think.
    Elvis trancends time because his story is ...universal. A poor man from the south , with a golden voice who becomes the King of Rock n Roll. Its a story that people can identify with. They also can see his demise as King too which is sad.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Looks like $150m ww may be minions first week.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/minions...ce-1235054142/

According to its box office, Elvis should be on its way to becoming one of the highest-grossing music biopics of all time.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    According to its box office, Elvis should be on its way to becoming one of the highest-grossing music biopics of all time.
    I'd hope it shouldn't sweat to pass Elton John's Rocketman biopic which made $195 million worldwide before the pandemic, but we'll see.