Page 182 of 420 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Im not a big tom cruse fan. But top gun 2 is doing really well and i heard its passing some of the marvel movies. why is it so good
    I was just reading earlier he will probably end up raking in over 100 million from this movie based on the success and his deal with backend. I still haven't seen it ill wait for streaming.

Astonishing Member

Nope opened at 19 million looks like a pretty big weekend for it.

Thor 4 holding pretty well its 30 million in ahead of Ragnarok now. Its actually gained after opening weekend on Ragnarok. Not sure who called that one.

Nope says yup to $44m.

Thor knocks minions out to reclaim second.

Paws of fury falls down the stairs to 7th place.

1.) Nope (Uni) 3,785 theaters, Fri $19.59M/Sat $13.9M/Sun $10.4M/3-day $44M/Wk 1

2.) Thor: Love and Thunder (Disney) 4,370 (-5) theaters, Fri. $6.4M, Sat $8.9M Sun $6.8M , 3-day $22.1M (-53%)/Total $276.2M /Wk 3

3.) Minions: Rise of Gru (Uni) 3,816 theaters (-298), Fri $5.2M, Sat $6.9M, Sun $5.5M, 3-day $17.7M (-34%), Total: $297.8M/Wk 4

4.) Where the Crawdads Sings (Sony) 3,650 theaters, Fri $3.1M, Sat $3.9M, Sun $3.2M, 3-day $10.33M (-40%)/Total $38.3M/Wk 2
    Great hold here for a female skewing movie during the pandemic, even better than the -45% decline Note Book had, and that was over a July 4th weekend. Industry outlook sees Crawdads’ final domestic B.O. in the $60M range.

5.) Top Gun: Maverick (Par) 3,160 (-132) theaters, Fri $2.7M Sat $4.1M Sun $3.2M , 3-day $10M (-19%), Total $635.5M/Wk 9

6.) Elvis (WB) 3,105 (-200) theaters, Fri $1.8M, Sat $2.55M, Sun $1.9M, 3-day $6.3M (-21%) Total $118.3M/Wk 5

7.) Paws of Fury (Par) 3,481 +6) theaters, Fri $1.1M, Sat $1.5M Sun $1.2M, 3-day $3.87M (-39%)/Total $13.7M/Wk 2

8.) The Black Phone (Uni) 2,055 (-222) theaters, Fri $1.07M , Sat $1.36M, Sun $1M, 3-day $3.45M (-36%)/Total $78.5M/Wk 5

9.) Jurassic World Dominion (Uni) 2,165 (-495) theaters, Fri $870K, Sat $1.2M, Sun $860K, 3-day $2.96M (-43%), Total $365.5M/Wk 7

10.) Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris (Foc) 1,001 (+21) theatres, Fri $410K, Sat $540K, Sun $400K, 3-day $1.35M (-31%)/Total $4.65M/Wk 2

https://deadline.com/2022/07/box-off...pe-1235074926/

Bad drops for Thor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Bad drops for Thor.

Its 30 million ahead of Ragnarok at same time of release. It opened at 20 million more. This weekend it did basically the same as Ragnarok, and its weekdays are better. Check that it actually did a little better in its third weekend than Ragnarok. Its third weekend drop as much less than Ragnarok. Its holding better which is amazing. Ragnarok went from 57 million second weekend to 21 million third. Love and Thunder went from 46 million second to 22 million third.

Astonishing Member

Nice to see Where the Crawdads Sing doing well despite poor reviews.

In fact the other mid-level movies Elvis and The Black Phone (except Paws of Fury under the long shadow of Minions) are also doing well. Which is good because those are the types of movies that will try to keep the theaters lights on for the next couple months after Black Adam was delayed.

Minions 2 passes $300m domestic.

Astonishing Member

The Black Phone is doing even better than I expected. It's passing any time now the worldwide total of Halloween Kills and at this point it could pass the new Scream as well (and domestically it will also pass them or be close enough in the case of Halloween Kills).

Elvis is also delivering, it's already passed Rocketman and Straight Outta Compton worldwide when it comes to musical biopics and becoming a hit. Totally guaranteed to join the Oscar race.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Im not a big tom cruse fan. But top gun 2 is doing really well and i heard its passing some of the marvel movies. why is it so good
    Imagine The Last Jedi if the audience had actually gotten the Luke Skywalker they came to see. The people came to see the character they were fond of and got the character they were fond of. Maverick was still awesome and no expectations were subverted.

Contrast that with Star Wars fans going to see The Last Jedi with the belief that Luke would still be awesome but leaving the theatre feeling let down. Before anyone can tell me how much money The Last Jedi made, just imagine how much it could have made if it gave the audience the Luke Skywalker they came to see.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Bad drops for Thor.
    You would think it would clean up if this is all it has to compete against. Top Gun has been out for awhile now and so has Jurassic Park. It should be dominating.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Imagine The Last Jedi if the audience had actually gotten the Luke Skywalker they came to see. The people came to see the character they were fond of and got the character they were fond of. Maverick was still awesome and no expectations were subverted.

Contrast that with Star Wars fans going to see The Last Jedi with the belief that Luke would still be awesome but leaving the theatre feeling let down. Before anyone can tell me how much money The Last Jedi made, just imagine how much it could have made if it gave the audience the Luke Skywalker they came to see.

I mean true. On the other hand I don't know if filmakers are always making films for maximum box office potential. There is always probably push and pull between the directors and producers, writers and the studio. In the Last Jedi I'm sure the director knew what could make everyone the most money. But he didn't want to go that route. For good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean true. On the other hand I don't know if filmakers are always making films for maximum box office potential. There is always probably push and pull between the directors and producers, writers and the studio. In the Last Jedi I'm sure the director knew what could make everyone the most money. But he didn't want to go that route. For good or bad.
    Hopefully the people running the Bond franchise pay very close attention to this before they think about getting to radical with changes when it comes to the franchise.

Fantastic Member

Sad about Marcell not making the top ten...gotta rush to see it before it gets pulled. Fire of Love also looks like it's getting a wide release next week.

Well, Alan horn who was helping run disney early mcu days and huge friends with kevin feige has left disney--and moved to wb. Ouch! Talk about a huge black eye to bob and disney.

Note horn was with wb before disney and helped make the potter films! This is a big win for wb and hope it will make some great films.

For box office talk superpets are expected to knock nope out of the top spot. Can superpets do that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well, Alan horn who was helping run disney early mcu days and huge friends with kevin feige has left disney--and moved to wb. Ouch! Talk about a huge black eye to bob and disney.

Note horn was with wb before disney and helped make the potter films! This is a big win for wb and hope it will make some great films.

For box office talk superpets are expected to knock nope out of the top spot. Can superpets do that?
    I mean Nope made 44 million last weekend. You have to think somewhere in the 20s this weekend so I would think Superpets could beat that.