Page 185 of 420 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Top Gun 2's performance has been unreal

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Iron Man 2 also made less than the first one at the domestic box office.

Ahh yes you are correct. Not by much but you are correct.

One piece movie had the 3rd best first day release in japan history and is now the second best weekend opening in japan! And yes, the first two are also anime films!

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...end-in-history

And we are heading into no movies till oct. You know this would have been a great time for prey in theatres disney.

Dragonball z has a bigger chance at the box office next weekend.

As for this week bullet train is slowing down and a 80s alien is back in theatres.

Those cricket noises you’re hearing are the sounds of the summer box office slowing down.

Sony’s No. 1 movie from a week ago, David Leitch’s Bullet Train, will hold the top spot again this weekend in a session that technically doesn’t have any uber-wide releases backed by a multimillion-dollar major studio campaign spend. The Brad Pitt action title is looking at $12.6 million for the frame, off 58% week over week, after a $3.75M Friday at 4,357 theaters.

The pic by the end of the weekend is eyeing $53.6M through 10 days, with some rival distributors believing it has a shot at $100M by the end of its run, and that it might even hold better than what we’re seeing here this weekend.
    Universal has the exclusive Imax 40th anniversary re-issue of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial which is seeing $430,000 today at 389 auditoriums for a $1M three-day and $438.2M running total. The pic’s 20th anniversary release in 2002 racked up $35.3M domestic, $69M worldwide. It’s the first time the Steven Spielberg-directed movie is being presented in Imax. Jaws is also hitting Imax and RealD on September 2
    https://deadline.com/2022/08/box-off...on-1235091498/

Thor passes $700m at the ww box office.

https://collider.com/thor-love-and-t...e-700-million/

Nope hits $100m at domestic box office.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-of...rd-1235337966/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-12-2022 at 07:04 PM.

https://www.fandango.com/rogue-one-r...movie-overview

Rogue one returns to theatres with a andor sneak peek in tow. It joins ET, jaws and poltergeist in rereleases to theatres. And yes, these rereleases add to their box office take.

Lowest weekend all summer thanks to no new big releases. Top gun with no new films shot up again this weekend.

Bullet train slowed down on the tracks this week.

Next week the lion film beast faces off against goku and dragonball at the box office.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/box-off...on-1235091498/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yup. Thor 4 just passed Thor 3 for domestic box office. Oh the failure.
    It has now passed Ragnorak’s worldwide total less China and Russia. It obviously won’t beat the global total with those two included but in a more apples to apples comparison, it’s doing well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It has now passed Ragnorak’s worldwide total less China and Russia. It obviously won’t beat the global total with those two included but in a more apples to apples comparison, it’s doing well.
    And it was poorly received by critics and audiences. One of the lowest rated MCU movies. If only TW dialed down the humor and fleshed out the characters this movie could have been way more successful. Easily 400M domestic if it was as well received as other MCU movies. Note, I'm not complaining about the box office gross, just that it was divisive and still beat Ragnarok.

Astonishing Member

Guess Thor is a woke bomb to normies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Everything is woke to you guys,

I’m surprised you’re even here, isn’t this site too woke for you?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And it was poorly received by critics and audiences. One of the lowest rated MCU movies. If only TW dialed down the humor and fleshed out the characters this movie could have been way more successful. Easily 400M domestic if it was as well received as other MCU movies. Note, I'm not complaining about the box office gross, just that it was divisive and still beat Ragnarok.
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Yeah, because 700 million is a terrible box office number that clearly marks this as a failure.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I don't even think I can wrap my mind around a term like 'woke bomb' especially a movie as inoffensive as Thor L&T.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I wil not say it was poorly received since still got postive reviews from critics and the audience.
    Keep in mind aquaman rt scores are similar to thor 4 and made over a billion,so something else going on here.

Here is some comparisons.

AQUAMAN 65% 6.00 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE 73% 3.8 out of 5 average rating
    Cineamascore A-

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER 65% 6.50 out of 10 average rating

AUDIENCE SCORE 78% 4 out of 5 average rating
    Cineamascore B+
    Thor 4 Rt critic score is the same as aquaman,but critics thought thor 4 is the stronger movie looking at the average rating.

For the audience?most of the like thor 4 more and thought it wasthe stronge movie too.
    The only thing stronge was the cineamascore andthat got a A -
    So overall thor 4 in reality was better received then aquaman.

Joker 68% 7.30 out of 10 average rating

AUDIENCE 88% 4.4 out of 5 average rating

Joker cineamascore B+

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER 65% 6.50 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 78% 4 out of 5 average rating
    Cineamascore B+
    Now joker rt critic score is around the same,but the average rating is much higher but it's audinece rt scores are much higher both have higher rt scores then the critics.

Now jokers cineamascore is the same,both are in B'S.

Note-
    Lets keep mind dc movies like the suicide squad and birds of prey were better recieved overall then aquaman and those films flop and those ARE comicbook movies too.
    So other things have be taken into account,not just word of mouth,critic and audience scores etc etc..

Extraordinary Member

Folks forget the empire strikes back did not surpass the original star wars movie and second one was better then the first one.
    So having a sequel not surpassing past films is not only a thor thing.
    It happen with age of ultron as well and other movies like superman 2,the new star trek 2 and 3 movies etc..and most of thier budgets were higher.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I don't even think I can wrap my mind around a term like 'woke bomb' especially a movie as inoffensive as Thor L&T.
    People just choose to "label themselves".

When I read people using terms like "woke" unironically I just box and ignore them.