Page 192 of 420 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

And chapek loses this fight. BP2 release in france will be in theatres.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/black-p...ws-1235146588/

Amazing Member

If you're going to do same date release on streaming for a movie like Halloween Ends, you should really make two different cuts of the movie.

You'd drive even more traffic to your streaming service, and you'd have more people go to the theaters for the different cut.

Astonishing Member

If anybody bet on Smile beating Halloween Ends in horror box office, congratulations because at least domestically the odds are in Smile's favor so far.

Might be Paramount's next upset after Top Gun Maverick beat other blockbusters like Jurassic World 3, Doc Strange 2, etc.

Smile doing great. It didn't cost much to make only adds to its box office take.

News--

Black adam will get a china release it looks like.

Black panther 2 embargo drops nov 8. Watch out for spoilers online!

Minions 2 has passed shrek 2 ww.

One piece red has now been in first place in Japan for 11 weeks now!

Disney is letting bp2 in France but still warns chapek wants that "protect theatres" law gone so he can screw them like every other countries theatres and may yank future films from France theatres.

https://www.ft.com/content/29fbbb2c-...6-f05d395f55cf
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-17-2022 at 06:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Chapek really wants to live in a world where eventually anime movies beat Pixar movies in North America.

By the way I never really got into One Piece but the Red trailer looked great in a theater.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvis View Post
    If you're going to do same date release on streaming for a movie like Halloween Ends, you should really make two different cuts of the movie.

You'd drive even more traffic to your streaming service, and you'd have more people go to the theaters for the different cut.
    I agree with this. I paid to see Halloween Ends on Thursday just so I wouldn't accidentally hear or read a spoiler even though I could have seen it for free on streaming.

I did leave the movie asking my husband why when making a movie someone doesn't raise their hand and ask why they are making such a bad movie. Halloween Ends was terrible. Smile imo was a much better movie and had quite a few jump in your seat moments. It's a shame. I've always had a weak spot for the story of Laurie Strode and Michael Myers. What a disappointment the last three movies have been.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    I agree with this. I paid to see Halloween Ends on Thursday just so I wouldn't accidentally hear or read a spoiler even though I could have seen it for free on streaming.

I did leave the movie asking my husband why when making a movie someone doesn't raise their hand and ask why they are making such a bad movie. Halloween Ends was terrible. Smile imo was a much better movie and had quite a few jump in your seat moments. It's a shame. I've always had a weak spot for the story of Laurie Strode and Michael Myers. What a disappointment the last three movies have been.
    Personally I liked Ends and didn't think was just an ironic watch, at least not entirely, but I'd agree Smile is going to steal its thunder.

The thing about Halloween's box office is, I don't think being on Peacock really hurt it much. Peacock isn't that big a platform compared to others and from stuff I've been reading in Forbes, it's common for movies like this to go down, Ends doesn't even have great reviews and is really divisive.

Another hunch I have is, since Smile is still kicking ass exclusively in theaters (and for that matter Terrifier 2 is, talking indie), actual horror die-hards probably decided to watch both as a double feature. I saw at least one person do that when I went to see Ends.

Bad guys getting re-released back in theatres oct 28--just in time to fight spirited away re-release at the box office!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Personally I liked Ends and didn't think was just an ironic watch, at least not entirely, but I'd agree Smile is going to steal its thunder.

The thing about Halloween's box office is, I don't think being on Peacock really hurt it much. Peacock isn't that big a platform compared to others and from stuff I've been reading in Forbes, it's common for movies like this to go down, Ends doesn't even have great reviews and is really divisive.

Another hunch I have is, since Smile is still kicking ass exclusively in theaters (and for that matter Terrifier 2 is, talking indie), actual horror die-hards probably decided to watch both as a double feature. I saw at least one person do that when I went to see Ends.
    I liked the opening scene of Halloween Ends and I think there could have been a good movie in there somewhere, but the writers wrote themselves into a corner they couldn't get out of.

Black panther 2 now expecting opening of $175m! It would make it the 5th highest grossing opening beating last jedi!

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...nd-1235409682/

Deadline has dropped black Adam's opening prediction from $70m to $60m.

The movie arrived hot on domestic tracking this month with a $65M-$70M projection. However, that forecast has calmed to $60M, especially with reviews currently at 53% rotten on Rotten Tomatoes.

Black adam reviews or not off to a good start with Thurs showings $7m to $8m. Had great starts in italy and india from reports. With that said expected box office lowers again to $55m to $60m from the $75m first predicted.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-21-2022 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Black adam reviews or not off to a good start with Thurs showings $7m to $8m. Had great starts in italy and india from reports. With that said expected box office lowers again to $55m to $60m from the $75m first predicted.
    WOM kicking in hard.

$14m overseas so far for black adam. (Ironic that's under shazams $15.7m. Shazam gets the last laugh!)

https://deadline.com/2022/10/black-a...al-1235151920/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-21-2022 at 02:36 PM.

First animated addams family is getting released back in theatres oct 28 with a $1.08 ticket price!

So, a buck and 8 cents! Also, this means spirited away, bad guys and addams family will all be in theatres Halloween weekend!

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...7th_the_first/

How well will these do at the box office in their rereleases? We shall see.

Also note Coraline is playing in drive ins this weekend. Yes, they still have drive ins!