Page 235 of 420 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    100% agree but also I'm open to the movie proving me wrong. I'd even add that the Ant-Man franchise this time around is not following an Avengers movie so it has to stand on its on

Since the takeover Box Office Mojo is not a reliable source to cite

Box office mojo is a Train wreck the numbers is more accurate. Both make crazy errors especially when it comes to international totals on a daily or weekly basis. But like userigoeshere said I think they eventually get the numbers close?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Box office mojo is a Train wreck the numbers is more accurate. Both make crazy errors especially when it comes to international totals on a daily or weekly basis. But like userigoeshere said I think they eventually get the numbers close?
    But who is more accurate? Is there a competition to Boxofficemojo?

Ant Man isn't doing good with legs so far

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    But who is more accurate? Is there a competition to Boxofficemojo?
    The Numbers is the better site. Like others have said Box office mojo eventually gets the the box office right like at the end but they punch in all kinds of crazy figures, Even with domestic box office for their daily stuff. It use to be a really good site but now its just a mess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Ant Man isn't doing good with legs so far

Pretty normal drops for weekday Feb numbers. The way box office comes in during the winter weekdays and summer and Christmas is totally different. More people tend to go on when the weekends hit. If you look at other Feb movies its following the same trends.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Oooh you're doing that unfunny thing where you condescendingly tell another grown adult what to do through sarcasm.

Yeah don't do that.
    Your decision on how serious you want to be taken, for sure.

I’d also point out how I had merely responded to your condescending non-argument, but I’m hoping you knew that.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 02-23-2023 at 01:21 PM.

Pretty normal drops for weekday Feb numbers. The way box office comes in during the winter weekdays and summer and Christmas is totally different. More people tend to go on when the weekends hit. If you look at other Feb movies its following the same trends.
    The shitty weather in much of North America isn't making people stream to the theaters in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The shitty weather in much of North America isn't making people stream to the theaters in my opinion.
    Maybe. But honestly its just typical February or really any movies not released in the Summer or Holidays numbers. You will see that in March to with the big movies that come out. Big weekends and big drops during the week. Its why in general ( not always) the biggest movies are released in the Summer or X-mas although its a little odd now they release earlier in the summer from April to July. August is usually a graveyard for some reason. Some pro box office guy could explain why that is.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 02-23-2023 at 01:36 PM.

Okay, time to drop some truth bombs folks; Marvel is not owed the Chinese box office. The Chinese have, since they allowed Western films into their market, imposed content bans and restrictions. If you want to gain entry into that market, you have to play by their rules. The fact that Marvel films failed to gain entry into that market for the past few years is a failure on Marvel/Disney's part (It's the equivalent of saying an R rated film failed because it didn't attract the family audience).

Woes about the Chinese box office aren't going away. The character Shang-chi is banned in China because the regime considers him to be offensive. That mean Shang-chi film will never achieve the heights of previous MCU properties and its likely the character will have a reduced/non-existent role in future crossover films or those movies will get banned as well.

Also, sorry to break it to the MCU fandom, but non Marvel films have also been banned in China. Famously, Black Adam, which probably would have found great success in the market if it wasn't banned because Pierce Brosnan showed support for Tibet in the past. Am I allowed to say Black Adam was a success actually because of this? No, unfortunately, if WB wanted that market...they should not have hired the man for the role. Their market, their rules.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 02-23-2023 at 04:24 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Okay, time to drop some truth bombs folks; Marvel is not owed the Chinese box office. The Chinese have, since they allowed Western films into their market, imposed content bans and restrictions. If you want to gain entry into that market, you have to play by their rules. The fact that Marvel films failed to gain entry into that market for the past few years is a failure on Marvel/Disney's part (It's the equivalent of saying an R rated film failed because it didn't attract the family audience).

Woes about the Chinese box office aren't going away. The character Shang-chi is banned in China because the regime considers him to be offensive. That mean Shang-chi film is will never achieve the heights of previous MCU properties and its likely the character will have a reduced/non-existent role in future crossover films or those movies will get banned as well.

Also, sorry to break it to the MCU fandom, but none Marvel films have also been banned in China. Famously, Black Adam, which probably would have found great success in the market if it wasn't banned because Pierce Brosnan showed support for Tibet in the past. Am I allowed to say Black Adam was a success actually because of this? No, unfortunately, if WB wanted that market...they should not have hired the man for the role. Their market, their rules.
    China makes up the rules as they go along man. Thats what's hard on US films companies. You dont really know what's going to offend them until its too late. If you even think you be might making a movie that could possibly piss China off you might as well just make it the way you want. Cause no one really knows, what's going to set them off on a movie. For gods sake they wanted the Statue of Liberty taken out of No way Home.

Demon slayer swordsman gets a R rating in america. History repeats itself. It's pg-13 in many other parts of the world. So once again kids can't get in without adults and trailers inn front of it will be horror films even though the first film half the theatre was kids in our showing! Lol.

China makes up the rules as they go along man. Thats what's hard on US films companies. You dont really know what's going to offend them until its too late. If you even think you be might making a movie that could possibly piss China off you might as well just make it the way you want. Cause no one really knows, what's going to set them off on a movie. For gods sake they wanted the Statue of Liberty taken out of No way Home.
    The arbitrary nature of what China will allow or not, is part of the game though. China has allowed films that violate their guidelines into their market before and has banned films that don't, the laws don't matter, the politics do. I don't know why they started hating Disney, but I'm sure it cost the company an arm and a leg to get themselves unbanned.

For gods sake they wanted the Statue of Liberty taken out of No way Home.
    Funnily enough, this one is the most understandable. Like anything involving modern China, it all goes back to Tienanmen Square. One of the things the protestors did was erect a statue called the Goddess of Liberty that is clearly inspired by the Statue of Liberty. Copies of this statue exist throughout the world now too as a sign of solidarity.

Last edited by Pinsir; 02-23-2023 at 02:23 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

The arbitrary nature of what China will allow or not, is part of the game though. China has allowed films that violate their guidelines into their market before and has banned films that don't, the laws don't matter, the politics do. I don't know why they started hating Disney, but I'm sure it cost the company an arm and a leg to get themselves unbanned.

Funnily enough, this one is the most understandable. Like anything involving modern China, it all goes back to Tienanmen Square. One of the things the protestors did was erect a statue called the the Goddess of Liberty that is clearly inspired by the Statue of Liberty. Copies of this statue exist throughout the world now too as a sign of solidarity.

I dont know why they hate Disney either. Although I will say, I dont think its just Disney. They did allow Avatar 2 in and that's Disney. They can hate anyone on any given day.

Forget it Jake, it's China.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Okay, time to drop some truth bombs folks; Marvel is not owed the Chinese box office.
    Was anyone saying that they were???