Page 284 of 420 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    $16 million in previews suggests the Spideyverse predictions will be way too low. That’s a big number.
    Yeah, that's surprisingly big.

Ultimate Member

Looking at the tracking, it seems they've been dropping the figures on the Flash.

I'm hearing it's tracking like Black Adam.

Why on Earth is that happening?

Astonishing Member

What happened to the CBM fatigue narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Looking at the tracking, it seems they've been dropping the figures on the Flash.

I'm hearing it's tracking like Black Adam.

Why on Earth is that happening?
    Lots of reasons. The DC brand is in the toilet, people obsessed with movie continuity are mad that this movie “doesn’t matter”, Ezra Miller’s off screen antics, too much competition (WB stupidly setting the release date so close to Spider-verse), etc.

If it does end up getting good reviews that should help it. Though critics having just seen an amazing superhero multiverse story with Spider-verse may come down a lot harder on The Flash.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    What happened to the CBM fatigue narrative?
    Don’t worry. If The Marvels makes less than Captain Marvel, which it probably will, they will be back in force. It won’t matter that the first movie was tied into Infinity War/Endgame. I can hear the knives being sharpened.

Ultimate Member

General audience turnout last night on PostTrak for Spider-Verse was 39% guys under 25, 28% guys over 25, 21% women under 25 and 11% women over 25. A 79% definite recommend with a very diverse turnout with Hispanic and Latino audiences repping 33% of the crowd, Caucasians 30%, Black 20% and Asian 11%. Parents and kids combined represented 16% of the preview night audience. Boys under 12 outweighed girls, 63% to 37% with 64% being between 7-12.
    Interesting demos for Spider-verse.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Interesting demos for Spider-verse.
    Am I missing something? Seems about right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    $16 million in previews suggests the Spideyverse predictions will be way too low. That’s a big number.
    Well, it would be higher but Diablo 4 dropped last night for the people that bought it presale.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Don’t worry. If The Marvels makes less than Captain Marvel, which it probably will, they will be back in force. It won’t matter that the first movie was tied into Infinity War/Endgame. I can hear the knives being sharpened.

LOL good point.

Spider-verse expected to make $40m today.

https://deadline.com/2023/06/box-off...se-1235398807/

It use to be studios would avoid the frame after Memorial Day weekend, as it was an easing period for moviegoing post-holiday. Not anymore. Sony Animation’s Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is poised to post box office numbers like it’s a live action Marvel superhero movie. After clocking the second best previews ever for an animated movie, the Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers and Justin K. Thompson directed movie is looking at $40M+ day today (including those previews) and a 3-day that could very well hit $100M at 4,313 theaters. Rivals bullishly see the opening well into $110M+ range, however, the unpredictable nature with Spider-Verse is how fanboy loaded it could be with PLF and Imax ticket sales. Even if the animated film settles in the high $90M range, it’s still a massive success next to the original 2018 movie’s debut, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse at $35.3M.

RelishMix exclaims about the social media buzz, “Spider-Verse positive chatter is spilling over into Super Mario Bros mass-audience — with excitement for Hailee Steinfeld as Gwen Stacy as Spider-Woman, cross-references to live-action Spidey, added enthusiastic praise for the look of the film. MCU divers are plunging into the franchise expansion scenarios and storylines for the next animated and live films — with a noticeable absence of questions about when this will stream.”

Across the Spider-Verse stats on social media are above the levels of the 2018 version by 15% now at 665.1M across on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok combined. This animated franchise runs on unique channels from the live-action at 1.85M fans. By comparison the last two live action Spider-Man films hit 1B SMU social media universe led by the epic weekend for No Way Home ($260.1M/1.2B SMU). Fans and super-fans are reposting materials online at a massive viral rate of 47:1 which is mind-blowing per RelishMix.

Gwen Stacy aka Hailee Steinfeld counts 32.7M fans for the pic’s campaign out of 68.3M total for the cast overall which includes Shameik Moore at 367K and Jake Johnson at 1.6M.
    Disney owns spots two, three and four on the chart. Their weekend 2 of The Little Mermaid at 4,320 is seeing around $12M today, for a $42M-$44M second weekend at 4,320 theaters, -54% at the high-end for a ten-day total of $189.7M. Aladdin eased 53% with a $42.8M second weekend which got it to $185.5M over the same point in time.

Disney/Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 at 3,580 theaters is seeing a fifth Friday of $3M, 3-day of $10.5M, -49%, for a running total of $322.9M. Great holds here by Little Mermaid and GOTG3.

Disney’s 20th Century Studios’ The Boogeyman is eyeing $4.5M today for a $10M+ weekend at 3,205 theaters.

Universal’s Fast X booked at 3,467 is looking at a third Friday of $2.4M, 3-day of $8.3M, -64%, and running total by Sunday of $127.5M.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-02-2023 at 02:28 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Am I missing something? Seems about right to me.
    Oh, it's perfectly normal. I just expected the African-American ratio to be a bit higher.

However, I read somewhere that most African-Americans go to theatres primarily on weekends.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Spider-verse expected to make $40m today.

https://deadline.com/2023/06/box-off...se-1235398807/
    The Little Mermaid and Guardians of the Galaxy holding very well.

Guardians should be near $800m WW after this weekend.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Guardians seemed to right the money train that is the Marvel film universe. Can it keep going ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Guardians seemed to right the money train that is the Marvel film universe. Can it keep going ?
    The question has always been: what train needed "righting?"

World of Wakanda = follow-up to a smashingly successful cultural phenomenon, late to the China market and no Russia.
    MOM = did better than Dr. Strange, w/o China (often a very big market) and Russia (a "medium/small" market?).
    Thors L&T = did less than Ragnarok...w/o China and Russia, with China bringing in over 100million with Ragnarok and Russia 23mil.
    No Way Home = don't think I need to speak about this film's success.

All other films released since Far From Home (which was also successful), aside from Quantumania, were released during various degrees of pandemic restrictions and have many asterisks beside any commentary on discussion of their success or non-success (ie. day and date release streaming on BW, which cost subscribers extra, but is not figured into the normal box office number).
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 06-02-2023 at 04:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    The question has always been: what train needed "righting?"

World of Wakanda = follow-up to a smashingly successful cultural phenomenon, late to the China market and no Russia.
    MOM = did better than Dr. Strange, w/o China (often a very big market) and Russia (a "medium/small" market?).
    Thors L&T = did less than Ragnarok...w/o China and Russia, with China bringing in over 100million with Ragnarok and Russia 23mil.
    No Way Home = don't think I need to speak about this film's success.

All other films released since Far From Home (which was also successful), aside from Quantumania, were released during various degrees of pandemic restrictions and have many asterisks beside any commentary on discussion of their success or non-success (ie. day and date release streaming on BW, which cost subscribers extra, but is not figured into the normal box office number).
    Exactly this entire narrative has been warped. Wakanda Forever, Multiverse of Madness, and Thor love and Thunder did very well.