Page 290 of 420 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This aged about as well as just about everyone here predicted. It now sits at 326 million world wide...meaning it has to do next to no business for the rest of its theatrical life in order for this prediction to come true. Any one want to give odds on that happening?
    was $400 million just an arbitrary number that someone said it wouldn’t get to?

It had a sizable budget of $250 million, so going by the 2.5x system it would need around $625 to break even.

BANNED

As much as I like Keaton and Afleck, I cannot help but wish The Flash movie bombs. It is not like DC needs it with their reboot.

Ezra is messed up, annoying and very unsympathetic that the only reward for his atrocious behaviour is to have this movie bomb.

I don't expect good reviews-hopefully it will lead to poor box office numbers.

Ray Fisher spoke out about abuse and toxic working environment. WB and Hollywood have blacklisted him, yet they protect Ezra Miller who does not seem to have any convincing redeeming qualities.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This aged about as well as just about everyone here predicted. It now sits at 326 million world wide...meaning it has to do next to no business for the rest of its theatrical life in order for this prediction to come true. Any one want to give odds on that happening?
    It will limp past slightly above 400. What an epic win for 250 million movie with 140 million marketing budget. This and Fast X are confirmed flops.

And Disney is gonna have a really bad year with Indy, Elemental, Haunted House and The Marvels. A lot of people at Disney are gonna lose their job because of Bob Iger. Their only saving Grace is GOTG 3 which is not even a win considering the man behind is gonna be in charge of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    It will limp past slightly above 400. What an epic win for 250 million movie with 140 million marketing budget. This and Fast X are confirmed flops.

And Disney is gonna have a really bad year with Indy, Elemental, Haunted House and The Marvels. A lot of people at Disney are gonna lose their job because of Bob Iger. Their only saving Grace is GOTG 3 which is not even a win considering the man behind is gonna be in charge of DC.
    I can barely see the goal posts anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    was $400 million just an arbitrary number that someone said it wouldn’t get to?

It had a sizable budget of $250 million, so going by the 2.5x system it would need around $625 to break even.
    I did on the assumption that Spiderverse would completely crush it but i was wrong. Spiderverse is very male heavy and the little mermaid still has monopoly with female audience so it will leg it out a little but it still never gonna reach break even and is a flop

Astonishing Member

This is exactly what I mean. Typical. You realize Disney is a few days away from have 3 of the top 4 movies domestically this year right? Now we are predicting Indiana Jones and haunted mansion. And Marvels in November. Its like this laser beam at Disney. Did anyone come on here and say Warner Bros is gonna have a tough year look at Magic Mikes last dance and My god universal is having an awful year look at Reinfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Ya but even with Fast X its box office aint good for sure, but there isnt 1000 channels proclaiming Fast X a BOMB and Universal in trouble! Fast X has gone woke and is now broke! Universal in panic!

Its all so obvious but I guess this sort of stuff works.
    LOL Universal in Panic, while all their shareholders are swimming in cash thanks to Mario...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    LOL Universal in Panic, while all their shareholders are swimming in cash thanks to Mario...

Of course they are not in panic! Just like Disney was not in panic because Avatar 2 made 2 billion dollars last year. And neither stock holders are swimming in cash, both stock have sucked. Universal is down 7 percent the last 6 months. You dont judge stock prices on a few good movies. Universal stock is down 16 percent over the last year. This is how stupid people are. They think oh one or two movies do well everyone is swimming in cash. Universal and Disney are far more than just their movies. Both companies stock holders aint happy.

Of course they are not in panic! Just like Disney was not in panic because Avatar 2 made 2 billion dollars last year. And neither stock holders are swimming in cash, both stock have sucked. Universal is down 7 percent the last 6 months. You dont judge stock prices on a few good movies. Universal stock is down 16 percent over the last year. This is how stupid people are. They think oh one or two movies do well everyone is swimming in cash. Universal and Disney are far more than just their movies. Both companies stock holders aint happy.
    It's Hyperbole. Of course they are not swimming in cash. All companies, now a days, are more than their movie division and some of them don't even make the majority of money from their movie division. BUt people proclaiming Universal is dying because F&F isn't make billions domestically are just trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Same with the people here. There maybe 1-2 people that actually work in the business reading/posting but the majority of us just like to opine and pass off something they read as fact, just because...

Ultimate Member

This is exactly what I mean. Typical. You realize Disney is a few days away from have 3 of the top 4 movies domestically this year right? Now we are predicting Indiana Jones and haunted mansion. And Marvels in November. Its like this laser beam at Disney. Did anyone come on here and say Warner Bros is gonna have a tough year look at Magic Mikes last dance and My god universal is having an awful year look at Reinfeld.
    The funny thing about all this is we literally have no idea what's going to happen with rest of Disney's slate.

Indiana Jones might not be very good, but I am not sure if its going to flop. I really, really doubt the movie will flop. If the Marvels gets good word of mouth, I see no reason for it to flop. Female driven blockbusters tend to be rather leggy (i.e for the well-reviewed ones).

I don't know what The Little Mermaid will end up with, but I mentioned it last weekend that as we enter the summer movies tend to have stronger weekdays and general higher average grosses. If Little Mermaid holds like Aladdin (which it's outpacing so far) it could reach $300 million domestic. Again, just for emphasis, I have no idea what it will end with just that so far in the US at least, it isn't performing particularly badly.

After faceplanting with your earlier prediction it would have been wise to not follow it up with the next prediction that will also turn out to be wrong. TLM's final global box office will be closer to 600 million than to 400 million. Combined with the very good domestic result that should be enough for it to break even.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Fast X is on course to make what 5, 6, 9 and Hobbs&Shaw did. Only 7 & 8 were bigger hits and exceded $1 billion . So I don't think this is surprising to the studio.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The funny thing about all this is we literally have no idea what's going to happen with rest of Disney's slate.

Indiana Jones might not be very good, but I am not sure if its going to flop. I really, really doubt the movie will flop. If the Marvels gets good word of mouth, I see no reason for it to flop. Female driven blockbusters tend to be rather leggy (i.e for the well-reviewed ones).

I don't know what The Little Mermaid will end up with, but I mentioned it last weekend that as we enter the summer movies tend to have stronger weekdays and general higher average grosses. If Little Mermaid holds like Aladdin (which it's outpacing so far) it could reach $300 million domestic. Again, just for emphasis, I have no idea what it will end with just that so far in the US at least, it isn't performing particularly badly.

Exactly right username. People look at these box office things in a straight line. Ok this did this then it will do this. But a movie in March doesn't run the same way a family movie does in June. They just dont.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Fast X is on course to make what 5, 6, 9 and Hobbs&Shaw did. Only 7 & 8 were bigger hits and exceded $1 billion . So I don't think this is surprising to the studio.

Its running behind both Hobbs and Shaw and 9 domestically. You really think the studio thought this is cool if its makes less than Hobbs and Shaw in North America? I mean I dont know but I would think they thought well, its gonna do better than Hobbs and Shaw. Im not even seeing this thing make 150 million domestic at this rate. Its dropping theaters like crazy. Its not bringing in revenue, Transformers is coming in this week.

That being said I by no means aint claiming its not going to make money. Cause these films make money long terms in many different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Fast X budget is 340 million without adding marketing meanwhile other movies where between 150 to 200 million.