Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 412

Thread: The Box Office

  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,986

    Default

    The person that insisted the Birds of Prey or Harley Quinn movie or whatever should be rated-R should be fired.

    Granted the movie might not have made Suicide Squad movie but WB definitely left off money off the table with that rating.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  2. #32
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The person that insisted the Birds of Prey or Harley Quinn movie or whatever should be rated-R should be fired.

    Granted the movie might not have made Suicide Squad movie but WB definitely left off money off the table with that rating.
    The BoP are definitely not an R-rated franchise.

  3. #33
    Incredible Member Slowpokeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The person that insisted the Birds of Prey or Harley Quinn movie or whatever should be rated-R should be fired.

    Granted the movie might not have made Suicide Squad movie but WB definitely left off money off the table with that rating.
    That is Robbie herself, dude.

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    That is Robbie herself, dude.
    Well then she needs to step out of the marketing room for a minuite.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    That is Robbie herself, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Well then she needs to step out of the marketing room for a minuite.
    Exactly.

    She shouldn't have been involved with that part of the process at all.

    The movie isn't a financial disaster by any stretch but it would have done so much better if it were PG-13.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  6. #36
    Incredible Member Slowpokeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

    She shouldn't have been involved with that part of the process at all.

    The movie isn't a financial disaster by any stretch but it would have done so much better if it were PG-13.
    She is the producer of this movie.

    Like I've said, if she wants a Harley R movie, make a Harleen origin.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 02-24-2020 at 09:30 AM.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

    She shouldn't have been involved with that part of the process at all.

    The movie isn't a financial disaster by any stretch but it would have done so much better if it were PG-13.
    WB is/was playing a long term game. They really wanted the Movies made by Robbie's Production company (which she would likely be starring in), so they likely gave her this.

  8. #38
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    WB is/was playing a long term game. They really wanted the Movies made by Robbie's Production company (which she would likely be starring in), so they likely gave her this.
    Yeah I think that while wb wanted stronger box office numbers they were mostly concerned with quality and building the franchise and popularity of DC films as a whole after the rocky start. The film will most likely break even and even earn a little profit while garnering good reviews. Also, we have to take into account home video sales for this film, which based on the fan reaction for the movie will be pretty strong fo a rated R film. Additionally, with the home release it could get a bigger following from the younger female crowd that couldn't see the movie in theaters. Lastly the film will be on HBO Max most likely and people who didn't have a desire to see it in theaters because of SS will probably view it and see that it was a good movie. I wouldn't be surprised if it got a sequel tbh if Suicide Squad does well, but the next film they need Joker or it needs to be a Sirens film.

  9. #39
    Incredible Member Slowpokeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Yeah I think that while wb wanted stronger box office numbers they were mostly concerned with quality and building the franchise and popularity of DC films as a whole after the rocky start. The film will most likely break even and even earn a little profit while garnering good reviews. Also, we have to take into account home video sales for this film, which based on the fan reaction for the movie will be pretty strong fo a rated R film. Additionally, with the home release it could get a bigger following from the younger female crowd that couldn't see the movie in theaters. Lastly the film will be on HBO Max most likely and people who didn't have a desire to see it in theaters because of SS will probably view it and see that it was a good movie. I wouldn't be surprised if it got a sequel tbh if Suicide Squad does well, but the next film they need Joker or it needs to be a Sirens film.
    Where did your confidence come from?

    It only has 173m by the end of its 3rd week, only 72m domestically, theaters have already started to pull it out. The chance for it to break which means it has to earn like 250m even is very unlikely. Even if WB could grab some money from DVD and TV sales. It's not likely to get much profit unless it's a huge hit.

    SS got a sequel because it's a hit in box office, this BoP will simply taint the team's name and cause it to be put on shelf for a long while.

    Admit the fact, it's the 3rd week now.

  10. #40
    Incredible Member Slowpokeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    995

    Default

    And 250 is the lowest number. This movie took 84m+reshoots which is close to 100m, with the marketing cost it probably need more than that like 300m to break even.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 02-24-2020 at 02:17 PM.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising’ Rules Wednesday Box Office – Update

    Though much smaller than the $7M first day Wednesday opening of Funimation’s Dragon Ball Super: Broly prior to MLK weekend last year, My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising had enough bucks to beat the first Wednesday of Disney/20th Century Studios’ Call of the Wild which made $1.5M in second place (cume at $31.2M) and Paramount’s second Wednesday of Sonic the Hedgehog which grossed $1.1M in third place (running cume at $111M).

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,991

    Default

    91 RT score! Still in the top 5!


    Additionally, Funimation's My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising has exploded on screens. The film had already pulled in a little over $3.3 million after debuting on Wednesday and added an estimated $1.8 million on Friday, pushing the film's cumulative total to $5.2 million after three days of release. Comparatively, Funimation's release of My Hero Academia: Two Heroes back in 2018 brought in $5.75 million over the course of about three weeks and largely an event style release. Heroes Rising received a 5-star rating from PostTack, and a 91% critics score and a 98% positive audience score on RottenTomatoes. The film is expected to deliver around $6+ million for the weekend.
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/articl...?ref_=bo_hm_hp

  13. #43
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,172

    Default

    Of course, the most important thing is the health of people around world dealing with Corvid-19, but I am curious how the outbreak will affect markets in the next few months. Besides China, I suspect some other places in the world have already seen people staying home rather going out and being around others that might pass on the virus.
    🇨🇦
    [Exit, pursued
    by a bear.

  14. #44
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Of course, the most important thing is the health of people around world dealing with Corvid-19, but I am curious how the outbreak will affect markets in the next few months. Besides China, I suspect some other places in the world have already seen people staying home rather going out and being around others that might pass on the virus.
    I've seen people say Mulan is in trouble. They were planning on making gangbusters in china. But I'm sure it will make enough without china to be profitable and it will get that Chinese money eventually I'm sure. Mcu does well there so Black widow might feel it, same with F9

  15. #45
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I've seen people say Mulan is in trouble. They were planning on making gangbusters in china. But I'm sure it will make enough without china to be profitable and it will get that Chinese money eventually I'm sure. Mcu does well there so Black widow might feel it, same with F9
    There will be no Chinese money to be made if Mulan gets released digitally before it reaches theaters there. They'll sail the high seas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •