Page 310 of 420 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Looks like Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse is going to take back the weekend crown after taking back top spot the last two days. Could be wrong tho. That's crazy and I wonder if it will overtake GOTG 3 for second place domestic.

Ultimate Member

Elemental is actually holding very well. The problem is that it's coming up from a such a low opening that it's going to have to have "record-making" holds from here on out.

People are predicting Indy 5 will perform like The Flash. I really can't see that happening, The Flash was in a pretty unique situation with a lot of stuff working against it. I understand that Indy 5's pre-sales aren't great but the time period it's opening is really, really going to help it.

Not to mention it's Indiana Jones, I suspect walk-ups will be strong. I have no idea how it will do internationally but I suspect it will do well enough in the US.

Astonishing Member

What's crazy im not sure but looking at these numbers Elemental might win this weekend lol.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Elemental is actually holding very well. The problem is that it's coming up from a such a low opening that it's going to have to have "record-making" holds from here on out.

People are predicting Indy 5 will perform like The Flash. I really can't see that happening, The Flash was in a pretty unique situation with a lot of stuff working against it. I understand that Indy 5's pre-sales aren't great but the time period it's opening is really, really going to help it.

Not to mention it's Indiana Jones, I suspect walk-ups will be strong. I have no idea how it will do internationally but I suspect it will do well enough in the US.
    Indy will need Guardians of the Galaxy holding power for 2-3 months domestically. It's budget is so insane its crazy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Indy will need Guardians of the Galaxy holding power for 2-3 months domestically. It's budget is so insane its crazy.
    It's budget is crazy.

It seems to be a thing this year. Fast X- $340m, Indy 5- $300m, Mission Impossible -$290m, etc.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    What's crazy im not sure but looking at these numbers Elemental might win this weekend lol.
    Deadline’s projection has Elemental neck and neck with Spider-Man for #1 with Flash dropping 75% and battling No Hard Feelings for third. Amazing. $55 million to $14 million potentially.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Deadline’s projection has Elemental neck and neck with Spider-Man for #1 with Flash dropping 75% and battling No Hard Feelings for third. Amazing. $55 million to $14 million potentially.

I am listening to people talking about elemental. Not people who have an agenda. They are loving it. I think the movie verse is looking at something different here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am listening to people talking about elemental. Not people who have an agenda. They are loving it. I think the movie verse is looking at something different here.
    Yeah, the people that actually saw it love it.

The problem is agenda reporting.

GoTG 3, The Little Mermaid and now Elemental all got A cinemascores and have been leggy domestically. One wouldn't know the way some folks talk about this stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The Flash is performing like Green Lantern from 2011.

There isn't anyway to spin its performance, it's a total cluster...

Perhaps WB should have released Batgirl instead, it couldn't have performed worse than this relative to its budget.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-23-2023 at 09:36 PM. Reason: I just read The Flash's drop is going to be bigger than Green Lantern's.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    US.
    Yes, Elemental's budget is $200 million, so I suspect it will need to reach at least $450 million to make the film a profitable success.

Extraordinary Member

Looks to me like Elemental would need to make at least 7 times it's opening weekend, plus a decent international performance to come even close to a break even.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Looks to me like Elemental would need to make at least 7 times it's opening weekend, plus a decent international performance to come even close to a break even.
    Elemental has been in theaters for seven days and here are the box office grosses from box office mojo.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releas...?ref_=bo_hm_rd

Grosses
    DOMESTIC (74.7%)
    $47,051,915
    INTERNATIONAL (25.3%)
    $15,925,506
    WORLDWIDE
    $62,977,421

That is a long shot to make the film profitable, if not a box office success, but at least to avoid being a complete box office bomb.

Elemental would need at least 90 days to reach its intended mark of $450 million .

Astonishing Member

Talking about movies led by aging icons for a moment, and because Nic Cage's Renfield bombed, I'm happy to see Russell Crowe's The Pope's Exorcist has made more than 4 times its budget just in theaters. Here's an example of the budget fairy and audiences reactions embracing each other in a theater. For being an "original" (there's been a million exorcism movies after all) horror movie, these numbers smell like roses compared to the latest Grudge remake also from Sony, which came out before the pandemic no less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don't see Indy doing well. I wonder why they chose to make another Indy film after the last one. The word of mouth is also dismall. Ford always looks so tired in all his new films since The Force Awakens, I want him to retire now.

The Flash's failure at the box office is a cautionary tale to industry enablers who put money first over bad behavior. It is a shame this how the DCU bows out.

Interesting, if cutting, take on The Flash and the DCEU from Comics Beat Heidi MacDonald.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/the-flash...rreal-journey/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!