Page 36 of 420 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Box Office

Add another country to demon slayer movie first place! Now highest grossing anime film there. This is now what the 5th country it has opened at number one at!

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle...no1-anime-film

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Add another country to demon slayer movie first place! Now highest grossing anime film there. This is now what the 5th country it has opened at number one at!

"japan only hit" huh?

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle...no1-anime-film
    I retract my comment.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Deleted the "japan only huh" as it sounded to mean. Sorry about that.

Not at all. I was wrong about it being Japan only. I took your comment as a good natured jibe.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Understand. North america is still a wldcard for the film. If sony does not put ads for it not sure how well it will do here.

IGNs trailer count for the film is up to 950k and second trailer is 200k for ign. Aniplex count is 5.6m views.

GVK is number 1 in Singapore.

They even made a ad for it aready!

[IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    GVK is number 1 in Singapore.

They even made a ad for it aready!
    I'm not surprised, this is the best time flies popcorn movie with huge effects to get you out of the house since I don't know how long.

Kong box office update--

https://in.style.yahoo.com/godzilla-...100429697.html

Breaking the two day total, Godzilla vs Kong had earned Rs 6.40 crore on day one and on day two it churned one crore less than the opening day. Considering coronavirus is still in the air, this Hollywood flick is doing wonders. For the unaware, a major chunk of the business for the flick is coming from the South belt. English movies always earn fab in this region and Godzilla vs Kong is proving the same

China loves the lizard and ape!

https://variety.com/2021/film/asia/g...na-1234938691/

“Godzilla vs. Kong” made an appropriately monster start in mainland Chinese cinemas on Friday. It obliterated competing titles and stomped to the top of the local chart, putting it on course to be Hollywood’s strongest showing in the country for over a year.

Data from ticketing agency and data tracking system Maoyan showed that the film’s gross revenues (including ticketing fees) hit RMB100 million, or $15.3 million, on the stroke of 6pm local time. At that point “Godzilla vs Kong” accounted for 88.5% of the day’s aggregate box office. Maoyan shows the film enjoying 192,000 screenings on opening day, or some 54% of all available sessions.

The Adam Wingard-directed picture is produced by Legendary Entertainment, a company owned by China’s Wanda property to entertainment concern. The film is directly distributed by Legendary within China, and by Warner Bros. in the rest of the world.

Many international territories have begun to open the film this week, ahead of North America, where it releases on Wednesday March 31, 2021.

Based on a combination of ticket sales, advanced bookings and social media interest, Maoyan has forecast that “Godzilla vs. Kong” will achieve a lifetime total of RMB1.08 billion or $166 million in China. If that is achieved – and first day forecasts are subject to significant adjustment as additional real data is included – it would end up as the fourth highest grossing film of 2021 so far, behind three Chinese titles, “Hi Mom,” “Detective Chinatown 3” and “Little Red Flower.”

More significantly, that score would make “Godzilla vs. Kong” by far the top grossing Hollywood film in China since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic.

BANNED

GvK theaters release, WB only get 50% gross, in some countries less than that.
    GvK on HBO Max , WB receives 100% of gross

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    GvK theaters release, WB only get 50% gross, in some countries less than that.
    GvK on HBO Max , WB receives 100% of gross
    I wondered why you posted about streaming in the thread about theatrical box office and its reports (which currently aren't as readily available for streaming) and if maybe you intended to post that in the COVID thread... then I saw you posted there already today.

I know you have a thing about wanting to see theaters closed sooner rather than later, but your post isn't even on-topic or relevant as a reply to Gaastra's, since that China report does not even indicate a theatrical box office downturn compared to the previous installment.
    Last edited by Wildling; 03-26-2021 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I wondered why you posted about streaming in the thread about theatrical box office and its reports (which currently aren't as readily available for streaming) and if maybe you intended to post that in the COVID thread... then I saw you posted there already today.

I know you have a thing about wanting to see theaters closed sooner rather than later, but your post isn't even on-topic or relevant as a reply to Gaastra's, since that China report does not even indicate a theatrical box office downturn compared to the previous installment.
    Well, because these days theaters and streaming goes hand and hand

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Well, because these days theaters and streaming goes hand and hand
    China doesn't have HBO Max. Spare me the stake claim gloat post at least until the movie debuts in a territory that actually does, without all theaters being fully open.

China gvk near $50m and heading for $100m weekend!

https://deadline.com/2021/03/godzill...ce-1234722557/

Nobody punches $6.7 million in usa and ww $11.7 million.

GVK ww makes $121 million! (yikes!)

Tom and jerry make another $2.5 million in usa and raya makes another $3.5 million.

https://variety.com/2021/film/box-of...nd-1234939689/

Coming up in usa the monkey fights the lizard followed by demon slayer, black widow and mortal kombat.