Page 50 of 420 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The Box Office

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I think the MCU has immunity against covid, probably will have the biggest three movies of the year.
    Yes I think they do, Disney sure feels that way.

Black Widow could have gone on streaming like Mulan but Disney held out. clearly this shows Disney trust marvel studios to make more money for them than their Disney live action adaptions, although the recent Aladdin still did a billion.

MCU has factually not had a big flop, I don't blame Disney for holding out on the mcu films only for cinema releases since some of their live action adaptations of their cartoons like Dumbo flopped.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-23-2021 at 02:44 PM.

BANNED

With MCU, Star Wars franchise and Disney’s legendary characters, Disney owns 33% of the movie market. But they had to spend billions to get to this point, something the other studios ain’t willing to do.

What has been keeping the theaters healthy for the last ten years? We can sum it up in one word, “Disney”

https://deadline.com/2021/06/f9-adva...go-1234780295/

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s more specific details as to how the advance tickets sales are for Universal’s F9 heading into the weekend: The Justin Lin-directed sequel is bound to be the biggest pre-seller of 2021 to date for Fandango. Already, F9 is outpacing the opening weekend pre-sales of Paramount’s A Quiet Place Part II which continued on to post a 4-day debut of $57M.

When it comes to pre-sales, especially now during the pandemic, it’s hard for box office analysts to pinpoint how front-loaded a movie’s opening weekend will be. Safe opening projections for the Vin Diesel movie are between $50M-$60M, with wild forecasts north of $70M over 3-days. Previews begin tomorrow night at 7 PM nationwide.

Fandango also polled 2K moviegoers and found out the following about F9:

98% can’t wait to see the outrageous stunts and action on the big screen.
    88% are fans of the diverse, inclusive cast of F9.
    83% are Vin Diesel fans.
    72% are excited to see the return of Han (Sung Kang).
    69% are excited to see the return of Mia (Jordana Brewster).
    After the 2020 Super Bowl trailer stunt for F9, tickets for the pic went on sale then, and in its four days outstripped the advance ticket sales of Hobbs & Shaw. This is when F9 was originally scheduled to open over Memorial Day weekend last year.

So the black widow vs f9 fight is on!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-24-2021 at 01:55 PM.

F9 made $7.1m thurs night.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...rd-1234973877/

If tracking is correct, the pic will clear $60 million to $70 million in its domestic debut. Spinoff Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw earned $5.8 million in previews two years ago on its way to an opening weekend of $60 million.
    Also one of the big trending topics on google is "is fast 9 on netflix or hbo max?" Lol. Nope sorry. Theatres only.

F9 up to $36m friday. Two more days to go this weekend.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releas...?ref_=bo_hm_rd

F8 made $98 million. I'd say that if they get within $20 million of that it is a good sign.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

I'm rooting for Black Widow...think it'll be a hit? They're predicting b/w $65 and $90 million opening.

Fast 9 not only did well it did better then hobbes and bad boys 3 did opening weekend!

https://deadline.com/2021/06/f9-spee...ic-1234781577/

Saturday AM Update: Universal’s F9 grossed in one day what some movies have made in a weekend during the pandemic, earning $30M on Friday, on its way to a 3-day of $68M. No question about it, that’s the best opening day and weekend we’ve seen during the pandemic, and more proof that moviegoing is getting back on its feet.

How is that? F9‘s opening day and weekend are ahead of such pre-pandemic hits as Sony’s Bad Boys for Life (opening day $23.6M, $62.5M 3-day) and even Universal’s Fast & Furious spin-off, Hobbs & Shaw ($23.6M opening day, $60M opening).
    Overall, the domestic weekend box office is set to hit $95.4M, +105% from last weekend, and the best Friday-Sunday we’ve seen during the pandemic, even beating the $80.8M grossed over the first three days of Memorial weekend.
    Also--

Any of the entertainment financial analyst naysayers who aren’t impressed by this weekend’s results and claim that we’re far from opening a movie at $100M need to digest the obvious: F9 in the tenth movie in a franchise that is ten years old. The fact that F9 is posting results ahead of Hobbs & Shaw is impressive enough.

A little under what I thought would be a good sign. But of course that was just an arbitrary number from me. It's still a good sign. 70% of F8.
    BW is up next I believe.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

People really love the Fast and Furious movies.

Those movies have veered into parody for me.

A little under what I thought would be a good sign.
    They were expecting $60m so it made more then they expected.

Cruella update---

Disney’s Cruella, which is playing theatrically and on Disney Plus Premium in areas where it’s available, added $10.6M in 42 material markets, including a No. 1 debut in France where the film is theatrical only. The international hold was -30% for an overseas cume of $112.5M through Sunday and $183.8M global.

Other films update--

Next up, Paramount’s A Quiet Place Part II crossed $100M offshore during the week and is closing in on $250M worldwide with $112.1M overseas and $248.5M global through Sunday. The fifth offshore frame was good for $9.6M in 48 markets with another solid -40% hold. In like-for-like markets, AQP2 is running 12% ahead of the original John Krasinski-helmed phenom and there are still 17 markets to open.

New Line/Warner Bros’ The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It crossed $100M at the international box office. With an additional $6.9M in 57 markets (and amid a good 46% drop) the overseas cume to date is $101.5M for $160.6M global.

Sony’s Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, meanwhile, hopped past the century mark globally with $107.8M through today. The international weekend was good for $6.3M to bring the offshore cume to $79M in 30 markets. There are still key releases to come in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil and Korea.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/f9-400-...ce-1234782298/

Evo now the 10th highest grossing film in japan.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-jp-box-office

It's getting reported that black widows pre ticket sales are up to $70m! Keep in mind disney plus will cut into it's box office sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's getting reported that black widows pre ticket sales are up to $70m! Keep in mind disney plus will cut into it's box office sales.
    What's the source for that number? Seems way too high to me.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

It's getting talked about from the insiders but no big site like deadline confirming it yet so take it as a rumor till it gets confirmed.