Page 6 of 420 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    For anyone who actually went to a movie theatre, what was it like? Did they have special hygiene measures and what about seating?
    Here in MA the governor just banned all gatherings to 25 people or fewer. Since this applies to fitness centers I gotta think it applies to movie theaters too, and it’s hard to see them remaining open long if you can’t have more than 25 people at a show. Also schools closed til April 7 and restaurants/bars restricted to takeout only

For anyone who actually went to a movie theatre, what was it like? Did they have special hygiene measures and what about seating?
    I currently live in Idaho and yea it was like any other times I've seen a movie. Went at a dead time but I assume if ti would be a crowded showing they woulda capped capacity at 50% and made people spread out. But yea it was a dead time cause all the Mormons out here was busy with church stuff. So I didnt notice anything different. Once the virus pops up out here im sure things will change

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

NYC just ordered all theaters to shut down along with bars. Welp

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I didn't go to any theaters but the ones that are remaining open here are only allowing for 50% capacity. They don't want anyone to be seated next to each other.
    I just wonder if that's strictly applied. If you're with a friend, do you each have to sit apart from one another or can you be together?

I just wonder if that's strictly applied. If you're with a friend, do you each have to sit apart from one another or can you be together?
    People in groups are allowed to be together.

Incredible Member

Going to be interesting on when theaters (ie non-essential services) are shut down and how long it will be for. We are looking at a loaded release schedule for the back half of 2020 and early 2021. I don't see any big film releasing before July, not just because of the US but all countries that have been affected are going to impact the BO.

We may look up and WW84, Batman, Suicide Squad 2, and Black Adam all get released in the same year.

The films that have been released now will likely need to make the quick change to on demand if they plan on making any money at this point.

I wonder if some movies will try to release through some on-demand or online format. (and promote it as a special "at home movie premiere" or somesuch) People are going to be stuck at home and itching for stuff to watch. (Maybe they should've tried that with New Mutants rather than push it back again)

Retired

I was thinking they could go on streaming, but then I realized this isn't always possible. Some youtubers say that there are contracts for all these things. They have contracts with the theatres and profit-sharing with the actors, so they can't show the movies online. Maybe eventually they will have to broker some sort of deal with all the people involved, if there is no way to show movies in theatres.

SONIC hits 306M!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'd say it's only a matter of time before movie productions shut down over COVID-19, if it's not happening already.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'd say it's only a matter of time before movie productions shut down over COVID-19, if it's not happening already.
    That's already happening. Red Notice (Netflix most expensive film with The rock, gal gadot, and ryan reynolds), the Batman, and I believe quite a few tv networks have suspended production as well. Probably alot more but these are the ones I know of so far.

CBS and NBC studios shutdown their NYC HQ after employees there tested positive. John Oliver didn't tape his latest show from the studio.

Ultimate Member

Dallas has shut down all theaters and bars until further notice. Also Dallas ISD is Shut down until further notice and even state testing has been cancelled.

Universal are making their films that are currently playing in theaters available to watch on digital this Friday.

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/12397...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 03-16-2020 at 07:08 PM.