Page 67 of 420 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Dont worry. it wont overtake big budget movies that are made for cinema. What chances are there that James Cameron is ever going to put Avatar 2.3 on streaming or MCU is ever going to put their first X-MEN and Fantastic 4 movie on Disney plus? zero percent.

There is just too much hype to loose, not even money anymore. The only thing streaming will do convincedly well is to take over the quality part. while other studios films that will go to cinema, will be all about the quantity.
    Avatar 2 and 3 are made for the theater in 3D, they are wasted on streaming. I guarantee they will not be same date streaming, even at a premium.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Avatar 2 and 3 are made for the theater in 3D, they are wasted on streaming. I guarantee they will not be same date streaming, even at a premium.
    Even if it was not 3d or 70d or whatever new film discovery James Cameron has created, to benefit his masterful genius science director title. No way will he ever put any of his big intended blockbusters movies on Streaming without any fight with all last blood drawn from him and the studio.

Believe me when I say, he will fight more than Chris Nolan did with WB and Tenet and Nolan fought really hard to the point people called him inconsiderate and selfish for not considering the COVID crises.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-08-2021 at 08:35 AM.

$26.5m. Film didn't make it to $30m.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-sui...ax-1234810359/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    $26.5m. Film didn't make it to $30m.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-sui...ax-1234810359/
    Yes. this is a bit surprising on a practical scale but the technical scale checks out on why it underperformed.

1. COVID is still a big deal

2. We can watch it on streaming

3. It's R rated and usually many r rated films and indie films will likely get affected more during this COVID crises.

These 3 factors combined, does not equate big box office.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-08-2021 at 09:31 AM.

One consideration. COVID has really hit Box Office $, and it is doubtful streaming can make up for the loss in profits that is not being brought in by blockbusters. So the great future of streaming is the lie the CEOs tell the stockholder to explain why profits are lower for now, but will get much, much better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

One consideration. COVID has really hit Box Office $, and it is doubtful streaming can make up for the loss in profits that is not being brought in by blockbusters. So the great future of streaming is the lie the CEOs tell the stockholder to explain why profits are lower for now, but will get much, much better.
    Promising profits that will never come?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Promising profits that will never come?
    Uber says, hold my beer.

My hero 3 overperformed in japan.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/my-...-office-japan/

BANNED

Theater may bring in more gross, but streaming might bring in more profit. That’s the kicker.

Astonishing Member

This is also my sentiment as well.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Theater may bring in more gross, but streaming might bring in more profit. That’s the kicker.
    Per viewing on Disney+ sure, but not free on HBOMax, considering how much they will have to spend to keep subscribers. And the numbers on Disney+ premium pale in comparison to what they had at theaters.

BANNED

Per viewing on Disney+ sure, but not free on HBOMax, considering how much they will have to spend to keep subscribers. And the numbers on Disney+ premium pale in comparison to what they had at theaters.
    I doubt is Disney+ will have problems keeping subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I doubt is Disney+ will have problems keeping subscribers.
    That isn't the point. It's how much the subscribers get them for all their content compared to big blockbusters at the theater.

Ultimate Member

The thing is with Covid-19 staging a deadlier comeback and with less than 50% of the US population being vaccinated....most movies will struggle at the box office.

A lot of people online are acting like the pandemic is "over" or something. It really isn't.

There's going to be up and downs at the box office until the US gets the pandemic under control. But when large parts of the country is actively trying to maintain the prescence of the virus, it could be a long, long while.