Page 88 of 420 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Two indie films did well also.

The horror movie is the best france release film in america in about 15 years.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/titane-...ce-1234848787/

Genuinely (pleasantly) surprised by venom’s box office numbers!

I don’t think I’ll like the film but I’m glad to see opening weekends are doing better and better at the cinema.

We’ll see if it has legs in the western world, but I think it’ll be a sure fire hit in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I want to believe its the tone (?) of the Venom films.

They are quite comedic films. I don't even mean subtle comedy, the movies delve into slapstick stuff.

And the movies are almost nothing like the comics.
    I suppose Tom Hardy is basically the new Mr Bean. He does a lot of funny mouth noises and looking around frantically, even when he’s meant to be playing a tough guy like Bane.

Mr Bane.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 10-04-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Do you think that James Bond can beat Venom? He should at least beat Black Widow’s opening, as the male spy is more popular than the female spy.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do you think that James Bond can beat Venom? He should at least beat Black Widow’s opening, as the male spy is more popular than the female spy.
    The last film, Spectre, did 70K for it's opening though with Venom doing so well I'm not certain it'll get that much here in the US for it's opening. As for your casual sexism? Please stop.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The last film, Spectre, did 70K for it's opening though with Venom doing so well I'm not certain it'll get that much here in the US for it's opening. As for your casual sexism? Please stop.
    How is that sexism? Its just an opinion, or in terms of box office, a fact.

Is it sexism the other way around? Because I say, Black Widow is more popular than James Bond. Therefore the female spy is more popular than the male spy.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post

Is it sexism the other way around? Because I say, Black Widow is more popular than James Bond. Therefore the female spy is more popular than the male spy.
    ...how does the fact that it's an opinion stop it from coming across as sexist?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...how does the fact that it's an opinion stop it from coming across as sexist?
    Don't you think you are a bit oversensitive?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post

I’m no SJW, but I think the way you put it was pretty clumsy. It’s fine to point out that Bond is more popular than BW, but why highlight their respective genders? Why not just say Bond is more popular than Black Widow without needlessly bringing in gender?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’m no SJW, but I think the way you put it was pretty clumsy. It’s fine to point out that Bond is more popular than BW, but why highlight their respective genders? Why not just say Bond is more popular than Black Widow without needlessly bringing in gender?
    Exactly this, bringing gender into it just isn't needed.

Retired

Just when you think things are getting back to "normal," something can happen to throw a Spaniard in the works. So, sure, you can predict that any movie is going to do great at the box office, but until it opens you can never say for certain it will. The idea that anyone can be a Nostradamus and know what is going to happen, even a week from now, is pure poppy-cock. We haven't got there yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I dont think it will but anything is possible. Also No time to die reviews have been average to good.

Also This feels more like a case of Home turf franchises. James Bond will do far better in the UK than the USA and Venon will do far better in the USA than the UK.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It depends, read the long length reviews, some of it even seem mixed enough.

Rotten Tomatoes is not artistic analystic site that teaches us in one second how to separate great movies or good movies to average movies to mediocre movies.

There are movies on RT that are a 70%, I would still call the movie a Masterpiece. Forrest Gump comes to mind.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-06-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Bond fandago pre sales have passed venom 2. Showtimes have sold out in many places.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/no-time...rd-1234850717/

Fandango reports that already hundreds of showtimes are sold out across the U.S. with theater owners adding new showtimes to meet fan demand.

No Time to Die is the first Bond movie to be shot in Imax 15/70MM cameras with 40 minutes of expanded ratio in the large format exhibitor’s auditoriums. It’s the first 007 title to be shown in RealD, 3D, Dbox, 4DX, and ScreenX. No Time to Die gets all the PLF and Imax screens over the next two weeks before Warner Bros./Legendary’s Dune opens.