Page 99 of 420 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Extraordinary Member

You could say eternals is a flop domestically but not internationally.
    If it make 400million worldwide or more overall it's not a flop,but it is flop domestically because the budget is 200 million and it will make less then 200 million.
    Black widow you could say is a flop domestically if you only counting box office and worldwide if you only going by box office but if add the disney plus numbers then it's not a flop.

The only other mcu movie you could say was a flop worldwide and domestically so far is the The Incredible Hulk (2008).

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Budget
    $150,000,000
    Other costs etc..
    $150,000,000
    All together
    $300,000,000
    It needed to make $300,000,000 to not be a flop and it made less then that.

DOMESTIC (50.9%)
    $134,806,913
    INTERNATIONAL (49.1%)

WORLDWIDE
    $264,770,996

This has be one of the main reasons that another hulk movie was not made because two were made within the same decade and both flopped plus they have deal with universal and that mess.

Some examples of other movies that are flops domestically this year -

Dune (2021)
    No Time to Die
    Jungle Cruise
    The Suicide Squad (2021)

These certain anti-mcu and disney youtube channels act like the mcu never had a flop before and a rotten score(captain marvel audience score that was reviewed bomb).

Both hulk movies flop and one was in mcu and hulk was way more known then eternals but they never bring that up.
    Plus eternals first film as made more then The Incredible Hulk (2008).
    Hulk's first mcu film and last one.
    Eternals will make more then Captain America: The First Avenger (2011).
    A superhero way more known then then the eternals too.

If eternals do flop(making less the 400m) at the box office they will make up for it in other ways.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-15-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way here is a list for the rest of the phase 4 movies that will do better then eternals,shang chi and black widow at the box office and i don't think any of these will flop if things stay the same or get better.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Four

Spider-Man: No Way Home
    Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    Thor: Love and Thunder
    Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    The Marvels
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
    Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
    Fantastic Four

Extraordinary Member

Speaking about eternals i did not realize this until recently any others here do not know about this.
    ‘Eternals’ Strikes Lightning With $100M Promo Partner Campaign; Best For MCU During Pandemic

What does that mean? Essentially, the Marvel Cinematic Universe titles are known to overindex and perform well beyond the norms of a regular four quadrant demographic tentpole which is aimed at male and females, over and under 25.

All the more reason with an IP such as Eternals, which is poised to appeal to a diverse range of moviegoers with a projected global opening weekend of $150M, that Disney reaches all points of the galaxy with their promotional partner campaign. In the case of Eternals, Disney has secured $100M in global marketing support from bespoke brands, higher than that of Black Widow and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, and also pre-pandemic MCU titles like 2017’s Guardians of the Galaxy 2‘s which brought in $80M worth of advertiser support. The biggest brand blitz ever racked up by a Marvel movie belongs to Sony’s Spider-Man: Far From Home which touted $288M in 2019 media value.

To read more go here.
    https://deadline.com/2021/11/eternal...co-1234868393/

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Speaking about eternals i did not realize this until recently any others here do not know about this.
    ‘Eternals’ Strikes Lightning With $100M Promo Partner Campaign; Best For MCU During Pandemic

To read more go here.
    https://deadline.com/2021/11/eternal...co-1234868393/
    Its basic advertising brand deals. That helps companies generate more profit in some cases or help balance a loss.

With Eternals possibly heading towards a loss as Forbes expects , the brand deals will help on some of it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ghostbusters aiming for $30 million.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/b...es-1235113223/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Ghostbusters aiming for $30 million.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/b...es-1235113223/
    The best part of this is that Afterlife doesn't have a huge budget. Its budget is $75 million and that is half the 2016 one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

They confirmed paw patrol movie 2 for theatres. Looks like they were happy over the first films box office.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/paw-pat...nt-1234866886/

Not confirmed yet but rumors are clifford the big red dog is getting a theatre sequel also.

Ultimate Member

If it make 400million worldwide or more overall it's not a flop,but it is flop domestically because the budget is 200 million and it will make less then 200 million.
    Black widow you could say is a flop domestically if you only counting box office and worldwide if you only going by box office but if add the disney plus numbers then it's not a flop.

The only other mcu movie you could say was a flop worldwide and domestically so far is the The Incredible Hulk (2008).

Budget
    $150,000,000
    Other costs etc..
    $150,000,000
    All together
    $300,000,000

DOMESTIC (50.9%)
    $134,806,913
    INTERNATIONAL (49.1%)

WORLDWIDE
    $264,770,996

This has be one of the main reasons that another hulk movie was not made because two were made within the same decade and both flopped plus they have deal with universal and that mess.

Dune (2021)
    No Time to Die
    Jungle Cruise
    The Suicide Squad (2021)

These certain anti-mcu and disney youtube channels act like the mcu never had a flop before and a rotten score(captain marvel audience score that was reviewed bomb).

Both hulk movies flop and one was in mcu and hulk was way more known then eternals but they never bring that up.

If eternals do flop(making less the 400m) at the box office they will make up for it in other ways.
    It's too early to say Eternals is a flop.

It's almost at $300m already WW. Let's just wait and see how it does in subsequent weekends.

Astonishing Member

Budget
    $150,000,000
    Other costs etc..
    $150,000,000
    All together
    $300,000,000

DOMESTIC (50.9%)
    $134,806,913
    INTERNATIONAL (49.1%)

WORLDWIDE
    $264,770,996

Dune (2021)
    No Time to Die
    Jungle Cruise
    The Suicide Squad (2021)

You are correct about Dune. People don't want to talk about that though because it doesnt fit a narrative. If some Marvel movie doesnt do as well or better than the last Marvel movie then the conversation begins.

Niffleheim

Bohemian Rhapsody’s Anthony McCarten Sues Queen Biopic Producers Over Profits; Grossed 911M worldwide. Claim The Blockbuster Is $51M In The Red Will Rock Hollywood

https://deadline.com/2021/11/bohemia...ox-1234876595/
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody’s Anthony McCarten Sues Queen Biopic Producers Over Profits; Grossed 911M worldwide. Claim The Blockbuster Is $51M In The Red Will Rock Hollywood

https://deadline.com/2021/11/bohemia...ox-1234876595/
    I shouldn't love these stories, but I do. They've been going on since the start of Hollywood, but there's always a little twist to get to the same result. No movie ever makes money. Interesting to see if Disney gets dragged into it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I shouldn't love these stories, but I do. They've been going on since the start of Hollywood, but there's always a little twist to get to the same result. No movie ever makes money. Interesting to see if Disney gets dragged into it.

I don't even know how they begin to negotiate these things. If you make a movie like I don't know, Jungle Cruise. It makes X at the box office. There are whatever marketing costs, distribution, someone keeps track of that I guess. But then it goes to Disney plus and runs forever. Well how does one negotiate something like that? Should a certain percentage keep getting kicked back to the workers on that movie, because people subscribe to Disney plus and its on that service? I guess logically yes. I have no idea how you figure that out except to see how many people watch each film. Its got to be complicated. And Disney has control over all that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    They confirmed paw patrol movie 2 for theatres. Looks like they were happy over the first films box office.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/paw-pat...nt-1234866886/

Not confirmed yet but rumors are clifford the big red dog is getting a theatre sequel also.
    Clifford had a $64 million budget so it doing $24+ million right now seems a good spot to get that sequel. In reading the movie was streaming on Paramount in America , but in Canada it was playing in theaters only. Had the film not been streaming it likely would have done $30+ million already.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The best part of this is that Afterlife doesn't have a huge budget. Its budget is $75 million and that is half the 2016 one.
    I say, Ghostbusters A, breaks $50+ this weekend including Monday. What say you SuperFan1?

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I say, Ghostbusters A, breaks $50+ this weekend including Monday. What say you SuperFan1?
    Likely the original estimate is $27-35 million at best right now. Its gonna have that 1 week. Its expected that Ghostbusters will be #1 and its getting praised for its script. A fact Murray and others only agreed after they read how full of heart the script was.