Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ivy/Kite Man is so shockingly good that I want to see it in the comics in some form. It's the perfect time as both of them share being completely traumatized by Riddler's actions in the War of Jokes and Riddles in common and the fact that Ivy is taking a break from Harley right now.
    Ivy's my favorite character in the show, with Kite-Man coming in as a distant second. Granted, I probably would eventually dislike ol' Charlie Brown if he had more screen time to himself with the way he's currently depicted, but him popping in every now and then (being a foil to Ivy and pushing her character forward) is fun to watch. And agreed-- the coupling is shockingly good and sweet. I don't think PoisonKite will last, though, even as much as I want to see it work in this 'verse, so I'mma just enjoy the ship while it still sails.

Back to the show, though. When I heard "the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn", all I could think of was this show does it a looooot better. Harley's struggle to rid herself of the Joker after years of obsession is very real. It requires a metric ton of discipline to just go cold turkey; ask your chain-smoker friend if they've finally quit after several attempts and years of telling them not to.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think that's very true about Ivy - she's a "best friend" and possibly second protagonist of the show, rather than a pre-existing villain.

I think you're absolutely right about Kite Man pushing too far. But I still like Ivy/Kite Man.
    Ivy's insistence that she's not a terrorist/super-villain but an environmental activist always guts me
    Last edited by xiyon; 02-17-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Incredible Member

I love it.

I haven't seen the most recent two but it's definitely gotten better over each episode. I loved the Gordon episode, and every scene with Bane is a delight. Bane should get a spin off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I love it.

I haven't seen the most recent two but it's definitely gotten better over each episode. I loved the Gordon episode, and every scene with Bane is a delight. Bane should get a spin off.
    I'd dig a short, spin-off gag series of Bane going about daily life, getting offended by the smallest thing, plotting to blow up his offender, only to eventually fail for one reason or another, culminating with a series finale where he's finally able to blow up Gotham stadium XD
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'd dig a short, spin-off gag series of Bane going about daily life, getting offended by the smallest thing, plotting to blow up his offender, only to eventually fail for one reason or another, culminating with a series finale where he's finally able to blow up Gotham stadium XD
    I think they really should do a spin-off comic series with a Bane backup for the show.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Kite Man jinxed himself by proposing in the heat of the moment.
    It also raised a death flag. Seriously, as soon as Kite Man bent down on one knee, I was like "I've watched too many anime to know where this is going".

Ivy memorizing Kite Man's number and her "Hell yeah!" was still the sweetest thing, though, so at least I've got several fond memories before this ship eventually sinks. But I wouldn't be averse to more voyages, though...!

Really, it's hard to hate this dude.

Let your wallet talk.

Mighty Member

I'll have to give credit where credit is due. When this show was announced, I thought "oh"; as I have been through Harley fatigue. Also, given that most "adult" shows, especially animated comedies turn to gratuitous violence and sex jokes I wasn't thrilled. However, I will say that there are quite some clever moments in the show. It's almost like the Venture Brothers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'll have to give credit where credit is due. When this show was announced, I thought "oh"; as I have been through Harley fatigue. Also, given that most "adult" shows, especially animated comedies turn to gratuitous violence and sex jokes I wasn't thrilled. However, I will say that there are quite some clever moments in the show. It's almost like the Venture Brothers.
    I had the same thought, too. Less about Harley fatigue, but more about "oh, so this is just gonna be about Harley going on a rampage, now with gratuitous violence?". The first half of the premiere didn't excite me, as it seemed to just play to that expectation. Then the 2nd half of the premiere rolled along and I was intrigued. And then the cast started to grow, and we started to see Harley develop as a character. I also love how the show is not overly serious, but not completely irreverent to its characters, either.
    Let your wallet talk.

Amazing Member

I did read that in the AMA, and I thought it was kinda weird, since that's not how I read Ivy at all. She very much seems the "too cool for school" type, not the "imposter syndrome" type.
    huh, interesting take you have on Ivy in this show... I'd agree that part of her personality is definitely the "too cool" type, but it's clear the show-runners do see and write her as the "impostor syndrome" type and it's a big part of her character going forward.

also seems a few people haven't read the AMA and seen what the producers have said on ivy and harley for next season, so I'll just link the thread and one of their quotes on the topic here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ker_executive/

So, here is was our feeling; in season one, it was about self-discovery for Harley. We didn't want to do a dating story with her, because we wanted her to have to figure out who she was without being defined by the person she was dating.

And for Ivy, we wanted an arc as well. Our version of her has a lot of social anxiety and self esteem issues. She's fucking awesome but doesn't quite believe that yet, even though she should. So when you undervalue yourself, you tend to date people who aren't worthy of you or who are just "nice" to you, but not right for you. (At least that's what a lot of the writing staff did!).

BUT, once we finished season one, we wanted to explore Harley's love life. And we wanted to see Ivy grow. I don't want to spoil it for you, but this is a big focus of the second season, especially the second half of it. And specifically exploring what that might look like for Harley and Ivy.

So... if you read between the lines here, I think you can get what I'm saying. DC will find me and kill me if I spoil the second season so just trust me that if you're a Harley and Ivy shipper that you will be interested in the second season.
    so assuming they stick to their word, Ivy and kite man ship is not going anywhere and will (finally) be dead soon as the writers are going to give us Harley x Ivy next season
    Last edited by voidox; 02-18-2020 at 12:02 AM.

I don't think anyone expected Ivy/Kite Man to be endgame lol. But even when the ship gives way to Harley/Ivy, it would be interesting to see how the relationship between Ivy and Kite Man develops and what impact their romance had on both of them individually.

Though it would be something in letting Ivy be poly and date Harley and Kite Man at the same time, with both of her lovers being okay with it.

Great final episode to the first season. Wonder if the status quo for Season 2 will be No Man's Land inspired, going by the events in this episode.

Loving Ivy's grungy punk reborn look.

Great final episode to the first season. Wonder if the status quo for Season 2 will be No Man's Land inspired, going by the events in this episode.

I was not expecting this cartoon to adapt Cataclysm of all things.

I hope "reborn" Ivy gets a new look for season 2.

That was my thinking too, although most of other villains were Legion of Doom. But we'll see soon, the next season is April 3rd.

Was a pretty cool look! I think they went a bit too far in the "Joker takes over Gotham" and destruction in this episode, but it was quite fun. I look forward to the next season in two months!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Was a pretty cool look! I think they went a bit too far in the "Joker takes over Gotham" and destruction in this episode, but it was quite fun. I look forward to the next season in two months!
    I'm kind of surprised Joker basically won, more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised Joker basically won, more or less.
    We shall see what happens next!