Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Final episode felt like it could have been an arc in of itself. I got whiplash by the swinging shift in tone, so I'm giving it a 5, maybe 6/10.

Overall, though, I'mma give this series a 9/10 and I can't wait for season 2. And in two months, y'all say? Damn, the show must have pulled up big numbers early or something! Awesome!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Final episode felt like it could have been an arc in of itself. I got whiplash by the swinging shift in tone, so I'm giving it a 5, maybe 6/10.

Overall, though, I'mma give this series a 9/10 and I can't wait for season 2. And in two months, y'all say? Damn, the show must have pulled up big numbers early or something! Awesome!
    Apparently they got green lit for 26 episodes, at once, and split it up into 2 13 episode seasons. Which I'm a fan of.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Apparently they got green lit for 26 episodes, at once, and split it up into 2 13 episode seasons. Which I'm a fan of.
    A 26 episode season would have lost alot of the tension tbf

I really really adore this show. It has indeed some very clever character moments and good messages delivered in a non manicheist way.

Ivy is my favorite DC character and I just love this version of her. She's by far the most compelling character. And her humor is perfect for this show. I hope she gets a more plant based costume come season 2 and I think she will own her superpowered persona more after her first season's arc.

I could watch this show all over again.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I can’t believe this thread hasn’t been touched since January. Are there no Harley fans on CBR?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I can’t believe this thread hasn’t been touched since January. Are there no Harley fans on CBR?
    Love that show! Binged very fast, will definitely check out season 3.

DC needs more shows executed the damn well.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Love that show! Binged very fast, will definitely check out season 3.

DC needs more shows executed the damn well.
    I’m so excited for what DC has planned for Harley. Her role after Joker War is just ripe with potential. And the show is soooo fun.

Its a great show
    Much more depth and character work went into this than most dcu animation.
    My only complaints are the lack of power girl, big Tony and a lot of Harley's other supporting cast in the comics

I've watched the first 8 episodes of this and it is absolutely hysterical. Hilarious and it honestly has really solid character development for the main cast

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Much more depth and character work went into this than most dcu animation.
    How so?
    My only complaints are the lack of power girl, big Tony and a lot of Harley's other supporting cast in the comics
    The funny thing is Tony was in the concept art for the show.

It's great stuff. I really enjoy the darkly comedic tone. Plus, the animation style being so crisp is a nice change given the current depressingly low-quality of most North American cartoons.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-28-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How so?
    Can't speak for them but to me at least, they do a really good of actually developing Harley and Ivy as characters despite the comedic tone. I'm only 8 episodes in but this is probably my favorite incarnation of Harley since her growth feels very natural and well-written

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Can't speak for them but to me at least, they do a really good of actually developing Harley and Ivy as characters despite the comedic tone. I'm only 8 episodes in but this is probably my favorite incarnation of Harley since her growth feels very natural and well-written
    I agree with you completely. While comedic the series does a surprisingly good job developing its leads (Quinn & Ivy) the same goes for secondary characters such as Doctor Psycho and Clayface. Harley Quinn the Animated series is the only time I've found Dr. Psycho interesting as a character in (any media).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I agree they do a great job of character development, although I'd also acknowledge that I feel these versions of Harley and Ivy are fairly different from the norms for the characters (but work very well for the show).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree they do a great job of character development, although I'd also acknowledge that I feel these versions of Harley and Ivy are fairly different from the norms for the characters (but work very well for the show).
    I think the tone is something you can't use but the general idea of Harley leaving Joker to be a villain on her own with a new group of friends and Ivy is a similar premise and they did it really well. I like Harley's personality a lot in this show

She's clearly a bad guy but caring of her friends, silly, and also creative to come up with out-of-the-box schemes
    Last edited by The Kid; 11-28-2020 at 08:16 PM.