Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Ivy is my favorite DC character and I just love this version of her. She's by far the most compelling character. And her humor is perfect for this show. I hope she gets a more plant based costume come season 2 and I think she will own her superpowered persona more after her first season's arc.
    Of course the most likable version of Ivy is where she is potrayed as one of the main character in the show. You are supposed to find her likable. In the shows, Ivy seems to be the voice of reason for Harley while in comics, Harley is the tether to Ivy's humanity.

Harley imo is the weakest character on the show in terms of character development but that's kind of like her arc over the course of the 2 seasons so far
    That's a risk because she's the main character but the show invests a lot in its supporting cast to make the show unique among DCU animation.

The people around her in her crew develop in different ways because of how her character . Ivy begins to note the negative influence she has on her life, Doctor Psycho notes Harley is not as evil as him, King Shark sees himself being used and ignored most of the time. Clayface...
    Not even touching on how Bane changed or even Joker

Many DCU shows feel very tropey and rely on the genre to carry them whereas this show reminds me of the venture bros or bojack in that the characters act like they are actual people and not just costumed heroes and villains

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Harley imo is the weakest character on the show in terms of character development but that's kind of like her arc over the course of the 2 seasons so far
    That's a risk because she's the main character but the show invests a lot in its supporting cast to make the show unique among DCU animation.

The people around her in her crew develop in different ways because of how her character . Ivy begins to note the negative influence she has on her life, Doctor Psycho notes Harley is not as evil as him, King Shark sees himself being used and ignored most of the time. Clayface...
    Not even touching on how Bane changed or even Joker
    I appreciate the show being upfront about Harley being kind of terrible at a lot of things even before she admits it to herself .

I'm just waiting for them to confirm Clayface is Basil Karlo.
    Many DCU shows feel very tropey and rely on the genre to carry them whereas this show reminds me of the venture bros or bojack in that the characters act like they are actual people and not just costumed heroes and villains
    They might come off more tropey because they play the genre more straight but I would say on a general basis most DC cartoons do a great job with character work...DCAU, YJ, TT, etc.

I love Harley in this show. Just started season 2 and it's just so much fun