Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    ...Which is why I'll never understand why Shazam was never a member of the JLD team...
    Looking at what that team gets put through, it wouldn't be a good idea.

Astonishing Member

In the real world, strength can be wildly variable. (You get different results among the same competitors in power lifting competitions. Some days you can just lift way more weight when working out, etc)

So just apply this to the comic book world as well. Superman may generally be the strongest, but can lose a strength competition to Shazam, WW, etc if he's having a bad day or their having a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    How many Herculi could there be...or is it a Multiverse thing?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    If I remember correctly, just before the New52 it was shown that CM new powers come from magicians who share the name of Gods and represent his new power source.

I vaguely remember the story so hopefully someone else can tell you more.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    If Shazam/CM is on a par with Supermanm is he stronger than Wonder Woman?

It is said that Shazam/CM has the strength of Hercules and that WW is stronger than Hercules. So by this thinking, shouldn't WW be stronger than Shazam/CM?
    Pre Flashpoint it was Supes, WW, Cap, then Jonn. All of these have comparable strength.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    How many Herculi could there be...or is it a Multiverse thing?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Well on the Shazam mini where cmj took over and cm went all long haired it was definitely a different god

And war if the gods did have Hercules and Heracles for a time

And of course cm wasn't always earth one (or prime or whatever it is)

Butost specifically I clearly remember it being said Hercules grants some of his strength to the spell

As in not all of it, as in it takes away some of his own

Given how DC Hercules isn't a good guy (certainly some heinous horrible things in his past) I can only think this isn't a willing relationship

Extraordinary Member

Powers,strength and abilities info for comicbook characters.
    I think the best way to more correctly learn more about strength
    levels,power etc.. for
    superheroes,villains etc.. from comics is to read the Official
    handbooks for info and and wiki's like marvel and dc wiki and
    comicvine could be useful too.
    These sources of info should be use if someone wants to look up
    characters they don't know much about or have not read anything about
    in comics and Official statements from writers, editors,creators or
    official statements from those higher then the writers or creators is
    useful as well.

Shazam pre- flashpoint super strength is equal to superman's.

Shazam/Captain marvel

H is for the strength of Hercules, strongest of the gods. Billy is empowered with Hercules' nearly limitless superhuman-strength which is often compared to that of Superman. As such, Captain Marvel's strength is of the highest level and is sufficiently vast enough that it enables him to lift/move unbelievably massive and/or heavy objects possibly on a planetary scale or higher with little effort. Because his strength level is so high and potentially dangerous, Billy Batson constantly uses great restraint, thus he usually only uses as much strength or force as is necessary to accomplish whatever his given task or challenge requires. Because of this he is not often seen moving objects of a planetary scale though accomplishing such tasks are well within his abilities.

Superhuman Strength - Captain Marvel has the ability to lift well over 100 tons with minimal effort and has battled top tier beings such as Superman, Wonder Woman and Black Adam. Captain Marvel has stalemated Superman in an arm wrestling contest and has at least matched Wonder Woman in raw strength. The limits, if there actually are any, of Captain Marvel's strength are unknown.

Superhuman Speed - Captain Marvel is able to move at incredible speeds and is able to move so fast that he can seem invisible to the eye of the human being. Captain Marvels speed is said to surpass even that of Superman and rival that of the Flash, and can move at several times the speed of sound while running, swimming, and even performing "mundane tasks."

Teleportation - Captain Marvel has the ability to transport to the Rock of Eternity from wherever he is at by speeding between the space between dimensions.
    Shazam/Captain marvel

New 52 Powers
    Supernatural Strength: The Wizard told Billy that he has the strength of a 'demi-god' which makes him far stronger than any human and makes him equal with the likes of other demi-gods like Hercules. He has demonstrated his strength by lifting vehicles with little to no effort and pushed a man several meters before he crashed into a car while he said he never meant to hit him that hard, and knocking Superman and Wonder Woman down with a punch (though they stood up later). His upper limit are still unknown.
    Note- i should have said the info i post for shazam for combing his strength with zeus is pre-flashpoint only.
    He has not mention any of that in post-flashpoint.

Hercules post flashpoint info below only.
    Not pre-flashpoint.

Hercules (Prime Earth)
    Superhuman Strength: Hercules possesses incredibly strength. He can create shockwaves and destroy landmass by stomping, lift huge trees with ease, and outmatch Darkseid's daughter in terms of strength.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Hercules_(Prime_Earth)

Grail
    Superhuman Strength: As a New God/Amazonian hybrid Grail possess strength strong enough to overpower beings like Wonder Woman easily.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/grail/4005-117906/

Icon
    Superhuman Strength: Icon possesses vast strength due to the maximization of his DNA and alien heritage. He can lift over 100 tons effortlessly. Due to his alien heritage and the maximization of his potential as a human being, he has near limitless strength shown to at least be equal to Superman. At one point, he punched Superman out of the Watchtower 50ft into space. Later, Superman admitted that nobody including Darkseid ever hit him that hard.
    The icon info is for pre-flashpoint.

Damage
    Ethan Avery (Prime Earth)
    Ethan Avery is Damage, a highly destructive anti-hero. He has the ability to transform into an unstoppable behemoth once a day for an hour, although he has no control over this creature known simply as Damage.

Superhuman Strength: Damage possesses incredible physical strength, with the limits of which are still unknown. He is strong enough to lift a car over his head and throw it towards his opponent. He overpowered Grundy's brute strength, has defeated Parasite by overloading him with too much energy, and has held his own against Wonder Woman. He is also strong enough to break free from Green Lantern constructs with minimal effort.His strength is also able to rival a Kryptonian's.Both Wonder Woman and Superman remarked on having never experienced such strong attacks before.
    One of DC's New Heroes is Revealed to be Stronger Than Superman
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-damage...than-superman/

The Spectre is stronger then superman and damage.

Orion
    Superhuman Strength: Orion's strength is unmeasured but is said to be the equal of his father, Darkseid. He has been able to defeat Darkseid once in pitched battle and has been able to more than hold his own against such major league heavyweights as Superman and Wonder Woman, meaning he can easily lift/carry massive weights far in excess of 100 tons with very little effort. He is strong enough to be able to knock out his step-brother Kalibak with only one blow.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/orion/4005-2363/

The info for Orion from comicvine i think is only or mostly for pre-flashpoint i think.

This one it for the post-flashpoint
    Superhuman Strength: Orion has enough strength to effortlessly defeat a titanic behemoth, clash against the likes of Superman,[ punch his way through an entire army, and easily destroy Lantern constructs.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Orion_(Prime_Earth)
    Last edited by mace11; 02-19-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Mace, not sure where you're going with this but alright...good info.

I think Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Icon, Orion, Martian Manhunter, Damage and Supergirl should all be considered Top Tier when it comes to strength. Each is so close it's impossible to tell who is number 1.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-19-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Mace, not sure where you're going with this but alright...good info.

I think Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Icon, Orion, Martian Manhunter, Damage and Supergirl should all be considered Top Tier when it comes to strength. Each so close it's impossible to tell who is number 1.
    I added/edited some info above.

Extraordinary Member

Deleted reply.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-19-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way i remember pedro pena from the shazam family saying he was the strongest shazam family member.
    Nix Uotan and Fuerza are really strong but i am not too clear how strong they are.
    I know wildstorm Mister Majestic(Majestros) was moving planets and moons.
    Mister Majestic is in new 52 but it's not too clear how strong this version is.

Nix is a Monitor. I assume he's "plot device" powerful, and outclasses characters like Clark and Billy. Maybe being stuck in the orrery of worlds makes Nix weaker, but he's still a higher dimensional being native to a plane of existence beyond the multiverse itself.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-19-2020 at 06:22 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.