THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Legion of Super-Heroes issue #4 Preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

First, I like that Bendis is apparently going to show us the origins of the team. I’m glad we aren’t waiting too long to see it.

Second, say what you will about Bendis speak, but I actually like the dialogue with Jon. I appreciate he’s just like, no I don’t want technology to tell me who you are I want to know who you are.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! This seems to get everyone up to speed with this version of legion.

Is Jon going to pull a kid!Cable with Triplicate Girl ?

How long until Computo goes evil?

Imra with long hair !
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Second, say what you will about Bendis speak, but I actually like the dialogue with Jon. I appreciate he’s just like, no I don’t want technology to tell me who you are I want to know who you are.
    Jon sounds better then Garth and Rokk to me.

Ultimate Member

Isn't Superman something like a hundred times smarter than a human, with most of the history / language / science / etc. of Krypton downloaded into his brain, which can think at lightspeed? I kind of think Jon Kent, even with a half-Kryptonian brain (or even with just half of *Lois'* human brain!) should be able to remember a dozen people's names, codenames, powers and planets of origins...

It's not a dozen it's at least three dozen. I see your point but personally I like that Bendis is playing up the teen age side of Jon. I have 3 teen age step sons. Trust me when I tell you that it is a chore to get them to remember stuff that you tell them. Bendis is doing some stuff with this book that is frustrating to me but he's nailing the teen aspect better than any other Legion creators before him.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 02-17-2020 at 09:43 AM.