View Poll Results: Favorite Bat-villains? (You can choose more than one)

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bane

58 26.85%
  • Catwoman

65 30.09%
  • Clayface

38 17.59%
  • Harley Quinn

42 19.44%
  • Hugo Strange

37 17.13%
  • Hush

24 11.11%
  • Joker

93 43.06%
  • Mad Hatter

24 11.11%
  • Mr. Freeze

54 25.00%
  • Penguin

56 25.93%
  • Poison Ivy

55 25.46%
  • Ra's al Ghul

75 34.72%
  • Riddler

90 41.67%
  • Scarecrow

77 35.65%
  • Two-Face

83 38.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Favorite Batman villains?

For the poll, I tried to come up with fifteen foes of Batman who I felt may prove interesting to choose from, but of course there are many others that some people may prefer. For the poll, pick your favorites, but feel free to name more who may have been left off the list in separate posts.

Also, Catwoman is on this list even though sometimes she is an ally (but may be going back to "isn't" these days), and "Clayface" is also on there, though there have been a few people in the past who have been called by that name. (I believe the most recent Clayface is Basil Karlo, the original person to use that name, but with the powers of Matt Hagen, the second Clayface.)

I really wanted to vote Joker ... but he hasn't really been good in, well, decades. At least not in the comics.

Where is the love for Man Bat?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

With the exception of Hush, I love everyone on that list. On the other hand, all of them have either been absent or complete crap since the New 52. And some even before (the Joker, how the mighty have fallen).

Croc is doing awesome though. If he was on there, I'd vote for him.

I voted poison ivy because, a) in the new 52, mr. freeze's 'origin" turned me off, and b) the Mad hatter has become too freakish for my tastes.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I see Zero Year has finally created some Riddler fans. I really hope someone in the next 5 years can write a Joker tale that people like (personally I liked DoTF but I know that's a minority opinion here at least), but for the life of me I don't know what else you can do with the character. And please keep Bane just like the Nolan Bane and not as a guy who would join with the Secret Six or other "villain" team. I also see Scarecrow is getting a lot of votes - really hope someone can do something new with him sometime soon
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 08-10-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Ultimate Member

1. The Riddler (he's always been my favorite Bat-villain).

2. Ra's al Ghul (I like how his plans tend to be larger in scale than most of the other bat-villains).

3. Two Face (He's just cool, and his tragic backstory is interesting).

4. Poison Ivy (she has the potential to be one of the most interesting/complicated Bat-villains, and sometimes she's written that way).

5. Bane (the perfect mix of brains and brawn, with a certain code of honor/ethics. When he's written well that is).

6. The Joker (Insanity incarnate).

7. Harley Quinn (she's just awesome).

8. Hush (Paul Dini made me a fan of his with Heart of Hush).

9. The Scarecrow (he's creepy as all Hell).

10. Victor Zsasz (Ditto).

I don't really consider Catwoman to be an out and out "villain," so she's not on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    . . . I don't really consider Catwoman to be an out and out "villain," so she's not on my list.
    As mentioned,
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    . . . Catwoman is on this list even though sometimes she is an ally (but may be going back to "isn't" these days) . . .
    Depending on how long you've been reading comic books may also effect if you see her as a past "villain" or not.

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Where is the love for Man Bat?
    Limit of 15 to the poll . . . also, as a long-time reader, I remember the days when he was a hero (with his own comic book and then feature in Batman Family).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Croc is doing awesome though. If he was on there, I'd vote for him.
    Again, limited to 15 on the poll.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 08-10-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Incredible Member

1. The Riddler
    2. Two-Face
    3. The Joker
    3. Mr.Freeze
    4. Hugo Strange
    5. Scarecrow

Special mentions to villains not listed who I like: Killer Croc, Man-Bat, The Monk, Rupert Thorne, Carmine Falcone.

Bane- badass in the TDKR and his original entrance was awesome. Those two alone put him up here
    Ra's al Ghul- different type of Bat villain with different stories than the usual guys like Two-Face, Riddler, Joker
    Catwoman- she's just too great and her lightness (compared to the other crazies) is a breath of fresh air
    Two-Face- very interesting character. His downfall is one of my favorite stories in every incarnation (Long Halloween, BTAS, The Dark Knight)
    Joker- kills it in every medium. Maybe he hasn't had a good story in a while but being one of the most iconic movie villains ever alone will put him here for me. Love Ledger's interpretation

Seeing Hush get so few votes makes my heart sing.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Two-Face & Mr Freeze because I'm a sucker for villains you can empathise with, both have classic tragic origins and have at one time or another been more anti-hero than outright villain. Though the New 52 has kinda screwed up both of their backstories.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I see Zero Year has finally created some Riddler fans.
    I've always been a fan of Riddler, ever since I saw Batman Forever as a kid, but Zero Year is undoubtedly the best Riddler has been in a long while.

I also voted for Joker, Harley Quinn, and Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Seeing Hush get so few votes makes my heart sing.
    In fairness he was the least intresting thing in the Hush story.

Batman has a fantastic, deep rogues gallery. Mad Hatter, Mr.Freeze, Penguin, and Scarecrow are currently my top tier of Bat villains. But I like a lot of them to varying degrees.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"