View Poll Results: Favorite Bat-villains? (You can choose more than one)

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bane

58 26.85%
  • Catwoman

65 30.09%
  • Clayface

38 17.59%
  • Harley Quinn

42 19.44%
  • Hugo Strange

37 17.13%
  • Hush

24 11.11%
  • Joker

93 43.06%
  • Mad Hatter

24 11.11%
  • Mr. Freeze

54 25.00%
  • Penguin

56 25.93%
  • Poison Ivy

55 25.46%
  • Ra's al Ghul

75 34.72%
  • Riddler

90 41.67%
  • Scarecrow

77 35.65%
  • Two-Face

83 38.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Favorite Batman villains?

For the poll, I tried to come up with fifteen foes of Batman who I felt may prove interesting to choose from, but of course there are many others that some people may prefer. For the poll, pick your favorites, but feel free to name more who may have been left off the list in separate posts.

Also, Catwoman is on this list even though sometimes she is an ally (but may be going back to "isn't" these days), and "Clayface" is also on there, though there have been a few people in the past who have been called by that name. (I believe the most recent Clayface is Basil Karlo, the original person to use that name, but with the powers of Matt Hagen, the second Clayface.)

I really wanted to vote Joker ... but he hasn't really been good in, well, decades. At least not in the comics.

Where is the love for Man Bat?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

With the exception of Hush, I love everyone on that list. On the other hand, all of them have either been absent or complete crap since the New 52. And some even before (the Joker, how the mighty have fallen).

Croc is doing awesome though. If he was on there, I'd vote for him.

I voted poison ivy because, a) in the new 52, mr. freeze's 'origin" turned me off, and b) the Mad hatter has become too freakish for my tastes.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I see Zero Year has finally created some Riddler fans. I really hope someone in the next 5 years can write a Joker tale that people like (personally I liked DoTF but I know that's a minority opinion here at least), but for the life of me I don't know what else you can do with the character. And please keep Bane just like the Nolan Bane and not as a guy who would join with the Secret Six or other "villain" team. I also see Scarecrow is getting a lot of votes - really hope someone can do something new with him sometime soon
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 08-10-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Where is the love for Man Bat?
    That poor creature get's no respect. Ha! Ha!

Amazing Member

Joker for me, riddler a close second

Incredible Member

I like Mr. Freeze, especially the whole Nora angle. I also just like the look and general idea.
    Also, I like Hush because he is so flawed and petty and pathetic... its almost realistic in a way... not everyone needs a good reason, some people are just petty jerks.

I don't much care for Ivy if she's just used as sexploitation, but the whole eco-warrior thing is good. It depends on the writer.

I really don't like Mad Hatter or Ventriloquist, or Catwoman... but that's mostly coincidence in that the order in which I bought comics randomly led me to have huge overexposure to them in a small amount of time. Seeing the same five jokes over and over again became really annoying in such a short space of time.

Catwoman is my favorite character period so her. I typically think of her as a heroine though. Other than Selina it's hard to pinpoint a favorite because the villains are so good and it depends on the media. I don't care much for Bane in any media except Dark Knight Rises where he is absolutely awesome. Joker and Riddler are great in many forms. I love Hush's motivations and the Hush arc.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I went for Joker, Hugo Strange and Riddler.
    Oh, 2014 me. If only you knew how sick you'd get of Joker. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I really wanted to vote Joker ... but he hasn't really been good in, well, decades. At least not in the comics.
    Did people really think this?

Incredible Member

Scarecrow.

There is something creepy, frightening about someone who can get your mind to work against you.

Joker and Penguin are behind him.

Probably an unpopular opinion. Really loved Talia as a villain. She felt dangerous and highly resourceful and having the romantic connection with Bruce and of course their son makes their dynamic very interesting. She's like the perfect Bond villain and works really well for a character like Batman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion. Really loved Talia as a villain. She felt dangerous and highly resourceful and having the romantic connection with Bruce and of course their son makes their dynamic very interesting. She's like the perfect Bond villain and works really well for a character like Batman.
    I like the idea, I just didn’t like how lacking in any fun nuance Morrison’s take was - that’s not to say she couldn’t be a card-carrying villain or be loathsome, mind you, more that the maximum potential for “Batman’s Ex and Baby Mama” as a villain shouldn’t sound like it would be parody-level dialogue with the right line-reading.

I feel like she should really talk and act more like Andrea Beaumont after the reveal in MOTP.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP