View Poll Results: Favorite Bat-villains? (You can choose more than one)

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bane

58 26.85%
  • Catwoman

65 30.09%
  • Clayface

38 17.59%
  • Harley Quinn

42 19.44%
  • Hugo Strange

37 17.13%
  • Hush

24 11.11%
  • Joker

93 43.06%
  • Mad Hatter

24 11.11%
  • Mr. Freeze

54 25.00%
  • Penguin

56 25.93%
  • Poison Ivy

55 25.46%
  • Ra's al Ghul

75 34.72%
  • Riddler

90 41.67%
  • Scarecrow

77 35.65%
  • Two-Face

83 38.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

1)Two-Face: My favourite Batman villain, I like his tragic origin and how writers seem drawn to try their hand at concluding his story. More than any other character I feel as if Harvey represents Batman's greatest failure. The fact that not only could he not protect his friend/ally but also have him become one of his greatest foes makes Two-Face always interesting to me. I also love the concept of his duality being inescapable much like Bruce's own in looking at his former comrade Bruce must see so much of who he is.

2)Joker: When written well he is often my favourite villain. However I find recent portrayals of the character as missing many of the facets I enjoy about his personality. I really dislike the attempts to make him more terrifying as I think that the Conrad Veidt look is much more horrific than the Glasgow smile/no-face looks.

3)Ra's: I enjoy that he represents a physical and mental threat to Batman. The idea that he represents an extreme version of what Bruce wants is extremely compelling. I also really enjoy how Ra's is not a Gotham based villain. The League of Assasins is probably my favourite villain organization in the Batverse and so I need to put their leader high on my list.

4)Professor Pyg: Horrific aesthetic and personality. Probably the most successful (and insane) villain from Morrison's run

5)Mr. Freeze: "This is how I shall always remember you: surrounded by winter, forever young, forever beautiful". Heart of Ice is enough to make Mr Freeze one of my personal favourites.

6)Riddler: Although Frank Gorshin really influences my choice I really just enjoy the character. I think he has a fun gimmick and great aesthetic. I actually liked him best under Dini's pen as a rival detective.

7)Talia: I know people didn't really love Morrison's take on the character but I think he helped make her one of Batman's deadliest foes (he negatively altered her character but showed her potential as an effective villain). I enjoy her femme fatale qualities and think that she is a much more interesting match than Selina Kyle. As with Ra's her ties to a shadow organization of ninja assassins really helps make her a great villain.

8)Dr. Hurt: The character is so unapologetic evil and sinister. Reading his story and trying to figure out his identity were great fun. I doubt that if he returns it will be as good but I will keep enjoying the character.

9)Penguin: Outside of Burgess Meredith's portrayal, I never had much of an affinity for the character but his mini-series and some recent appearances have helped make me reconsider the character.

10) Scarecrow: Cool aesthetic and concept. I really think that cool story's develop around the concept of him creating fear in his victims.

Special mention: Bane "who likes hip-hop"
    Last edited by doctormistermaster; 08-11-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Gotta go with Scarecrow.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    1)Two-Face: My favourite Batman villain, I like his tragic origin and how writers seem drawn to try their hand at concluding his story. More than any other character I feel as if Harvey represents Batman's greatest failure. The fact that not only could he not protect his friend/ally but also have him become one of his greatest foes makes Two-Face always interesting to me. I also love the concept of his duality being inescapable much like Bruce's own in looking at his former comrade Bruce must see so much of who he is.

2)Joker: When written well he is often my favourite villain. However I find recent portrayals of the character as missing many of the facets I enjoy about his personality. I really dislike the attempts to make him more terrifying as I think that the Conrad Veidt look is much more horrific than the Glasgow smile/no-face looks.

3)Ra's: I enjoy that he represents a physical and mental threat to Batman. The idea that he represents an extreme version of what Bruce wants is extremely compelling. I also really enjoy how Ra's is not a Gotham based villain. The League of Assasins is probably my favourite villain organization in the Batverse and so I need to put their leader high on my list.

4)Professor Pyg: Horrific aesthetic and personality. Probably the most successful (and insane) villain from Morrison's run

5)Mr. Freeze: "This is how I shall always remember you: surrounded by winter, forever young, forever beautiful". Heart of Ice is enough to make Mr Freeze one of my personal favourites.

6)Riddler: Although Frank Gorshin really influences my choice I really just enjoy the character. I think he has a fun gimmick and great aesthetic. I actually liked him best under Dini's pen as a rival detective.

7)Talia: I know people didn't really love Morrison's take on the character but I think he helped make her one of Batman's deadliest foes. I enjoy her femme fatale qualities and think that she is a much more interesting match than Selina Kyle. As with Ra's her ties to a shadow organization of ninja assassins really helps make her a great villain.

8)Dr. Hurt: The character is so unapologetic evil and sinister. Reading his story and trying to figure out his identity were great fun. I doubt that if he returns it will be as good but I will keep enjoying the character.

9)Penguin: Outside of Burgess Meredith's portrayal, I never had much of an affinity for the character but his mini-series and some recent appearances have helped make me reconsider the character.

10) Scarecrow: Cool aesthetic and concept. I really think that cool story's develop around the concept of him creating fear in his victims.

Special mention: Bane "who likes hip-hop"
    Cannot agree about Talia. All that Morrison did was remove any kind of complexity/dimension and turned her into just another one-dimensional, mustache-twirling psycho (because we don't already have enough of those). And her motivations aren't even interesting. She's not a interesting villain, she's pathetic.

. . . 4)Professor Pyg: Horrific aesthetic and personality. Probably the most successful (and insane) villain from Morrison's run

. . . 8)Dr. Hurt: The character is so unapologetic evil and sinister. Reading his story and trying to figure out his identity were great fun. I doubt that if he returns it will be as good but I will keep enjoying the character.
    Two others who I would have included . . . but I was limited to fifteen by the poll.

. . . 7)Talia: I know people didn't really love Morrison's take on the character but I think he helped make her one of Batman's deadliest foes. I enjoy her femme fatale qualities and think that she is a much more interesting match than Selina Kyle. As with Ra's her ties to a shadow organization of ninja assassins really helps make her a great villain.
    My problems with including Talia are things like
    * she seems so much of an extension of her father that I don't always think of her separately
    * from many, many years ago, there were so many times where she wasn't really an "evil villain", and she might have helped Batman as much as hindered him

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Cannot agree about Talia. All that Morrison did was remove any kind of complexity/dimension and turned her into just another one-dimensional, mustache-twirling psycho (because we don't already have enough of those). And her motivations aren't even interesting. She's not a interesting villain, she's pathetic.
    I did not mean to imply that Morrison's portrayal added to my appreciation simply that he had made her one of Batman's more deadly foes and also changed her from possible ally to villain (I presume this will be retconned somehow). I edited my post to hopefully help clarify my view on Morrison's effect on the character.

I honestly had doubts about including her but I really enjoy the whole al Ghul family/mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    My problems with including Talia are things like
    * she seems so much of an extension of her father that I don't always think of her separately
    * from many, many years ago, there were so many times where she wasn't really an "evil villain", and she might have helped Batman as much as hindered him
    Very good point but I think she stands well enough as a character to be included though her role as villain is often dubious. If I had to replace her I would move everyone up and possibly include one of the following Harley Quinn, Ventriloquist/Scarface or Man-Bat.
    Last edited by doctormistermaster; 08-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

I will usually go with Two-face but went for the Riddler (Scott Snyder has nothing to do with it since I haven't read Zero Year yet). I love the duality with Two-Face however I would like to see him being prostrated as an antihero. What I like about the Riddler is that he is so compulsive like so many of Batman's rogues however the Riddler just want to be prove he is smarter than Batman. The Riddler isn't about crime per se. Another character I love is Hugo Strange because he just want to be Batman. Again not a insane criminal per se but his compulsive personality is related to Batman. The Riddler and Hugo Strange would hardly exist if it wasn't for Batman (I'm interested who the Riddler is going to work in Gotham).

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Seeing Hush get so few votes makes my heart sing.
    This.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 08-12-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Scarecrow, he has been my favorite bat villain thinks to his appearances in Btas. His look is for the most part is creepy and using fear as a weapon is awesome,I just wish someone would redesign his new 52 look it's not all the scary anymore.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I went for Joker, Hugo Strange and Riddler.

I really wanted to go for the likes of Two-Face, but I honestly can't remember the last time I was excited by a story he was in. Probably Half a Life from Gotham Central, that's really bad for one of Batman's top enemies. I love Scarecrow, but he has lead three New 52 stories (the first two arcs of TDK) and I only like one of the three.

Love Freeze's new origin, but other than that...

My favorites:

Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Man Bat, Riddler
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

My faves:

Riddler: Batman's smartest enemy. I love his portrayal in the animated series and arkham games

Mr Freeze: His animated appearance is probably the greatest revival of a villain

Two-Face: I love his tragic backstory

Mad Hatter: WAY underrated Batman villain especially liked his recent appearances (appears more vicious)

The Master of Panda Power SuperRedPanda's Avatar

I've been reading comics for about 4 years now and Harley Quinn has always remained my favourite Batman villain.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    Mad Hatter: WAY underrated Batman villain especially liked his recent appearances (appears more vicious)
    I really debated including him on my list. I think that one of the things that holds him back is one of his greatest qualities which is his relationship with Alice in Wonderland. Many non-comic fans that I know view him as a lazy uninspired villain and are turned off of the character on principal. However he is one of Batman's darker characters and can be central to many great stories.
    Last edited by doctormistermaster; 08-14-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    ― Albert Camus

I really debated including him on my list. I think that one of the things that holds him back is one of his greatest qualities which is his relationship with Alice in Wonderland. Many non-comic fans that I know view him as a lazy uninspired villain and are turned off of the character on principal. However he is one of Batman's darker characters and can be central to many great stories.
    I agree with you completely. I also think he is EASILY Batman's most crazy opponent. Did you read the Joker's Asylum one off issue with him? Don't want to spoil but it was GOOD. Really showed his mindset.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Where is the love for Man Bat?
    That poor creature get's no respect. Ha! Ha!

Amazing Member

Joker for me, riddler a close second