View Poll Results: Favorite Bat-villains? (You can choose more than one)

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bane

58 26.85%
  • Catwoman

65 30.09%
  • Clayface

38 17.59%
  • Harley Quinn

42 19.44%
  • Hugo Strange

37 17.13%
  • Hush

24 11.11%
  • Joker

93 43.06%
  • Mad Hatter

24 11.11%
  • Mr. Freeze

54 25.00%
  • Penguin

56 25.93%
  • Poison Ivy

55 25.46%
  • Ra's al Ghul

75 34.72%
  • Riddler

90 41.67%
  • Scarecrow

77 35.65%
  • Two-Face

83 38.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I like Mr. Freeze, especially the whole Nora angle. I also just like the look and general idea.
    Also, I like Hush because he is so flawed and petty and pathetic... its almost realistic in a way... not everyone needs a good reason, some people are just petty jerks.

I don't much care for Ivy if she's just used as sexploitation, but the whole eco-warrior thing is good. It depends on the writer.

I really don't like Mad Hatter or Ventriloquist, or Catwoman... but that's mostly coincidence in that the order in which I bought comics randomly led me to have huge overexposure to them in a small amount of time. Seeing the same five jokes over and over again became really annoying in such a short space of time.

Joker, Two Face, Harley, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Catwoman and Scarecrow got my votes, although I really would've voted for all of them. Penguin and Mr. Freeze are really underrated, I think, and it's a shame that they're so under-used. Scarecrow is another that I think is horribly under-used. He's had some cool cameos here and there but I think he's one of those villains who has the potential to be able to carry his own series, or at least be the lead antagonist in an ongoing Batman story.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by comic_nerd View Post
    Scarecrow is another that I think is horribly under-used. He's had some cool cameos here and there but I think he's one of those villains who has the potential to be able to carry his own series, or at least be the lead antagonist in an ongoing Batman story.
    Really? Do tell.

IMO, Scarecrow's got a cool visual going for him, but he's more handcuffed to his gimmick than any of the other villains. Is there any other way for a Scarecrow story to end than "Crane sprays hero with fear gas, hero hallucinates HIS WORST FEAR for about 3 pages, then powers through it and kicks Crane's teeth out"?

On the broader topic... I like the Joker most of all (when he's written as being genuinely hilarious and not just a mindless murder machine), but I think Two-Face has the most potential to carry an interesting story. Unfortunately, since DC currently seems to be focused on how "badass" and kill-happy their villains are, it's probably better that Harv stays dead for the time being.

Incredible Member

Joker, Two Face, Harley, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Catwoman and Scarecrow got my votes, although I really would've voted for all of them. Penguin and Mr. Freeze are really underrated, I think, and it's a shame that they're so under-used. Scarecrow is another that I think is horribly under-used. He's had some cool cameos here and there but I think he's one of those villains who has the potential to be able to carry his own series, or at least be the lead antagonist in an ongoing Batman story.
    I think they used Scarecrow well in Batman The Dark Knight.

Incredible Member

Doctor Double X and Captain Stinagaree are under used; Penguin and Scarecrow; you have not been reading Detective Comics / the Dark Knight / Arkham War?

Poison Ivy > Bane > Everyone else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>> Harley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joker
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post
    Really? Do tell.

IMO, Scarecrow's got a cool visual going for him, but he's more handcuffed to his gimmick than any of the other villains. Is there any other way for a Scarecrow story to end than "Crane sprays hero with fear gas, hero hallucinates HIS WORST FEAR for about 3 pages, then powers through it and kicks Crane's teeth out"?

On the broader topic... I like the Joker most of all (when he's written as being genuinely hilarious and not just a mindless murder machine), but I think Two-Face has the most potential to carry an interesting story. Unfortunately, since DC currently seems to be focused on how "badass" and kill-happy their villains are, it's probably better that Harv stays dead for the time being.
    Well, I don't really have a specific storyline in mind, but I guess what I mean is that Scarecrow is an interesting enough character and I think he's got enough leverage over most people with his fear gas that he could inflict a lot of damage. And if you look at the way they used Scarecrow in the Arkham: Asylum games, he's still got a lot of potential power over Batman, too (those dream sequences were badass). I don't know. I think I just really want a new Scarecrow story.

Doctor Double X and Captain Stinagaree are under used; Penguin and Scarecrow; you have not been reading Detective Comics / the Dark Knight / Arkham War?
    I haven't been reading them, no, so I'll have to check them out.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    . . . Penguin and Scarecrow; you have not been reading Detective Comics / the Dark Knight / Arkham War?
    I haven't been reading them, no, so I'll have to check them out.
    Did anything really useful or interesting happen as a result of Forever Evil: Arkham War, or has it been pretty much ignored and forgotten already?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did anything really useful or interesting happen as a result of Forever Evil: Arkham War, or has it been pretty much ignored and forgotten already?
    Honestly it was terrible. As was the one and done with Batman and Bane. You don't really need to read either of them, because nothing from them sticked.

Extraordinary Member

Clayface is one of my favourites, I'm intrigued by him.

Joker hasn't done well in a while.. :/ I was disappointed by Death of the Family. But he's still my favorite, alongside Riddler.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Glad to see Riddler getting some well deserved love!

My choices:

1. Riddler: I voted for him because Dark Knight Dark City is still the most intense Batman Story I read. In the hands of a good writer, Riddler is extremely dangerous and intriguing. Justice and Zero Year were the other memorable stories

2. Joker: No explanation needed. He's the legacy. As others stated, there hasn't been a great story of him recently but the media really did this guy justice. Batman 66, Batman 89, Mark Hamil, TDK, and of course the classic books.

3. Ra's Al Ghul: Every time this guy gets involved I pick up the story. I love reading about this guy's motives

As for the rest, I like them all except Hush but those three are my top picks.

Bane. That is old smart normal size Bane. Not this stupid fucking hulk-Bane from the games and some recent bat-books.
    Clayface.
    Harley.(Animated version)
    Riddler
    Joker ( pre Nu52) Give him back his DAMN face!!!!
    Hush. He really needs to return and raise some hell.

BANNED

Where is Black Mask?

All-New Member

I think that he has a lot of potential, and I agree that he is underused. However, as RubberLotus said, he really is stuck to his gimmick. His most "nefarious" plots are to spread fear (pretty basic, IMHO.) I think that he can do much better than that (as with many of the scientist-villains.) Though I don't think he could carry a series on his own per se, I would love to see him in something a bit more substantial.

I voted Penguin and Scarecrow, though I do like Mr. Freeze. I really want to see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Honestly it was terrible. As was the one and done with Batman and Bane. You don't really need to read either of them, because nothing from them sticked.
    It had some good art. But yeah. Pretty much :L
    Last edited by fancypraline; 08-18-2014 at 08:03 PM.