View Poll Results: Favorite Bat-villains? (You can choose more than one)

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bane

58 26.85%
  • Catwoman

65 30.09%
  • Clayface

38 17.59%
  • Harley Quinn

42 19.44%
  • Hugo Strange

37 17.13%
  • Hush

24 11.11%
  • Joker

93 43.06%
  • Mad Hatter

24 11.11%
  • Mr. Freeze

54 25.00%
  • Penguin

56 25.93%
  • Poison Ivy

55 25.46%
  • Ra's al Ghul

75 34.72%
  • Riddler

90 41.67%
  • Scarecrow

77 35.65%
  • Two-Face

83 38.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Where is Black Mask?
    There just so many options available on the poll . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Glad to see Riddler getting some well deserved love!

My choices:

1. Riddler: I voted for him because Dark Knight Dark City is still the most intense Batman Story I read. In the hands of a good writer, Riddler is extremely dangerous and intriguing. Justice and Zero Year were the other memorable stories

2. Joker: No explanation needed. He's the legacy. As others stated, there hasn't been a great story of him recently but the media really did this guy justice. Batman 66, Batman 89, Mark Hamil, TDK, and of course the classic books.

3. Ra's Al Ghul: Every time this guy gets involved I pick up the story. I love reading about this guy's motives

As for the rest, I like them all except Hush but those three are my top picks.
    What Justice story for Riddler? I would like to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_(DC_Comics)

I am pretty sure that this is the story, unless you are asking for specific issues in which case I think that Riddler is in the second issue.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    Be warned: Riddler doesn't really do much in the story, period. Even his biggest role is over in about 4-5 pages, and it's only a small part of Luthor/Brainiac's ultimate scheme.

Alex Ross drew a pretty boss outfit for him, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Where is Black Mask?
    Where he should be. In absolute obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_(DC_Comics)

I am pretty sure that this is the story, unless you are asking for specific issues in which case I think that Riddler is in the second issue.
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post
    Be warned: Riddler doesn't really do much in the story, period. Even his biggest role is over in about 4-5 pages, and it's only a small part of Luthor/Brainiac's ultimate scheme.

Alex Ross drew a pretty boss outfit for him, though.
    Also thank you. Good to know.

Right now, it would have to be the Riddler. If I were asked this question a couple of years ago, the answer would undoubtedly be the Joker. The problem is I haven't found the Joker to be interesting in years. The Riddler on the other hand, always remained an intriguing individual to me. The uniqueness is very prevalent with the Riddler in a multitude of ways ranging from his suave style as a smooth operator to his strategic yet cunning mind that make for an amazing contrast to the deductive reasoning mindset of Batman. In the interest of full disclosure I might add I was always a big fan of the Riddler long before Zero Year was ever published. In fact my first exposure of the Riddler was from Batman the Animated Series. Keep in mind the episodes in which the Riddler played a prominent role in where few and far between.

In fact, one of the few criticisms I had of Batman the Animated Series was that there weren't enough episodes featuring the Riddler. Be that as it may what minimal exposure the Riddler did receive made me go out of my way to learn more about him. What I discovered was that the Riddler was very underrated. Scott Snyder's Batman has been hit or miss with me but I will give him credit in that he's managed to tap into the Riddler's full potential as a Batman villain. I hope the trend continues because the Riddler should always be depicted as one of Batman's greatest foes.
    Last edited by Nero; 08-23-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Lightbulb Ra's: Ninja Megamind

I'm going with Ra's al Ghul. His league of ninja assassins makes him a symbol of social coordination omens which parallels the Dark Knight's crusade for urban control.

If you work for Batman, you end up like Robin or Nightwing, but if you work for Ra's al Ghul, you end up like a ninja assassin.

The depiction of Talia al Ghul in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" (2012) was a bit disappointing, but the depiction of Ra's al Ghul and his ninja goons in Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins" (2005) hit the right notes.

Unlike some of Batman's other formidable foes such as Mr. Freeze (the ultimate Valentine's Day maniac) and Two-Face (the vigilante you love to hate), Ra's is bent on crusader-like missions just like Batman.

Ra's has a great deal of philosophical investment in his fascist schemes, while other Batman villains seem to be just pure maniacs or rogue terrorists (i.e., Scarecrow).

I might dress up as a Ra's al Ghul League of Shadows ninja assassin for Halloween 2015.

League of Shadows

ninja.jpg

Catwoman is my favorite character period so her. I typically think of her as a heroine though. Other than Selina it's hard to pinpoint a favorite because the villains are so good and it depends on the media. I don't care much for Bane in any media except Dark Knight Rises where he is absolutely awesome. Joker and Riddler are great in many forms. I love Hush's motivations and the Hush arc.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

An easy choice for me. Two-Face all the way. He has a great backstory, a connection to Bruce Wayne (in some interpretations), and the best gimmick (Heads you live, Tails you die). Although, if I had to make a list:
    1. Two-Face
    2. Ra's Al Ghul
    3. Mr. Freeze
    4. The Riddler
    5. Bane

I kind of wish I had said the Joker. It's just kind of an "overkill" thing for me with him. Catwoman is a favorite but she's kind of ally/ enemy. I've always been partial to Mr. Freeze along with Riddler and Penguin.

The Gotham TV series has been making me a big fan of Penguin recently. Watching his vicious rise to power has been the most compelling part of the show and I never cared for him before

BANNED

1st and the best: Hush.
    the rest

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    Hush. He really needs to return and raise some hell.
    Don't you read Batman Eternal?

I'm surprised (and glad!) that The Riddler has gotten so many votes. I always liked The Riddler the best because anytime he is in a Batman story, it forces Batman to live up to his title as "The World's Greatest Detective," which is an integral side of Batman that many modern day writers sadly often forget.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 12-01-2014 at 09:27 PM.