Mighty Member

Default Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Jerry Lewis

Were those team ups ever considered as canon prior to COIW?

Retired

There was also one with the Flash. It depends how you look at all the team-ups at the time. Were all THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD team-ups supposed to be in continuity? Maybe or maybe not. I think of them as in continuity.

Jerry Lewis also appeared on the 1966 BATMAN TV show in a cameo. The comic book, ADVENTURES OF JERRY LEWIS 97, is a funny romp with Joker, Riddler and Penguin and art by Bob Oksner (as with all these meetings), but I'd swear that Dick Sprang had a hand in drawing the Joker, or else Oksner was copying Sprang's style for the Clown Prince of Crime.

The fact that Arnold Drake and Oksner went to the effort of trying to make their Wonder Woman in keeping with the mod Diana Prince at the time, seems to suggest they wanted readers to believe this was the authentic character. I imagine that they had to depend on what reference material they could get for each character. In the case of the Flash story, that was written by E. Nelson Bridwell who had a greater knowledge of all the DC super-heroes.

Mighty Member

How could forget The Flash?!? Thanks for reminding me! Also, The Brady Kids met Superman and Wonder Woman in 1971? 1972? Diana was back to her original togs in that one (when did she do so in the comics?). Although it took place on Earth-Filmation, there was no Batman episode ( too busy with Scooby Doo at the time?)

Retired

I have no recollection of ever watching THE BRADY KIDS, yet it's something I definitely would have watched, so I don't know what the deal was. Anyway, the Wonder Woman episode aired on December 2nd, 1972 which is just after Diana went back to her star-spangled outfit in WONDER WOMAN 204 (January-February 1973) on sale November 7th, 1972. But given the production time involved, the folks at Filmation must have got advance warning that this change was going to happen so they could go back to the old model. In fact, their version looks more old-school than the one Don Heck drew in that comic--having the 1950s style hair.

Mighty Member

Nothing like a laugh track for super heroic feats!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have no recollection of ever watching THE BRADY KIDS, yet it's something I definitely would have watched, so I don't know what the deal was. Anyway, the Wonder Woman episode aired on December 2nd, 1972 which is just after Diana went back to her star-spangled outfit in WONDER WOMAN 204 (January-February 1973) on sale November 7th, 1972. But given the production time involved, the folks at Filmation must have got advance warning that this change was going to happen so they could go back to the old model. In fact, their version looks more old-school than the one Don Heck drew in that comic--having the 1950s style hair.

That was the first time I ever saw Wondy, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?