View Poll Results: What did you think of Wonder Woman #751?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

3 21.43%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

4 28.57%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

1 7.14%
  • ⭐️⭐️

6 42.86%
  • ⭐️

0 0%

Default Wonder Woman #751 Discussion and Spoilers

I had hoped someone else would start this thread, since I don't think it's nice to start a new thread by being a killjoy. But here goes.

Diana was arrested by her newfound friend Nora at the end of the last issue. Somehow this turns into a probation when Diana agrees to cooperate. Then a mystical storm suddenly hits Boston, and Diana and Nora goes out to assist, together with a newly arrived Etta. Diana and Nora subdue a bunch of looters, after which Diana notes that the storm is mystical in nature and goes out to find its cause. She faces the Dark Fates, but when they are touched by the lasso they disappear. Diana and Nora assist with the final cleanup and relief work, before sharing a beer on Diana's porch.

We then meet Paula von Gunther as she recruits Devastation to help her against Wonder Woman. Diana talks about getting back in touch with Donna Troy, before we get to see the problem of the next issue: The Iron Maiden.

As stories go, I found this rather mediocre. Orlando's dialogue is still more declarations than conversations. The plot is simply a series of events, with little to connect them or natural progression, perhaps best exemplified that Etta was inbound with a planeload of relief workers and equipment on a storm that just magically appeared. The art didn't really work for me either. About the best I can say about the issue is that at least it wasn't offensive.

I did like that Orlando moved away from military Etta, but without it being part of a compelling story it felt hollow and will be easily reversed.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue even though it wasn't heavy on action or super-villains. Orlando's portrayal of Diana is spot-on, especially with how she inspires people to change for the better or place their trust in her. The art was really nice as well. It reminded me a lot of Nicola Scott's art. It was great to see Diana reach out to Donna(even though Donna wasn't available) via the Magic Sphere(another Golden Age great brought back!). It's nice to see the Four Horsewomen plot moving along. I love Paula's new costume!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I quite liked it myself. Diana's voice was perfect and the art was nice too.

It was fun seeing Diana back in her signature Wonder Woman civilian clothes, one day I'd like an in story explanation about where they come from and who makes them. It's hard to picture the Amazons creating star and W emblazoned athleisure wear. Were it up to me her complete wardrobe would come from via spin. It'd save a lot of time and money on shopping and dry cleaning and she wouldn't need a walk-in closet.

The new career Etta has made for herself works so well with Wonder Woman's mission, Orlando had a great idea there.

I'm in agreement with Dr. Poison, Warmaster's costume is Nazi Valkyrie inspired by Wonder Woman complete with bustier and head gear, it's a good look.

Did anyone else notice the defunct bar the looters broke into was supposed to be Cheers? That was a cool little joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I quite liked it myself. Diana's voice was perfect and the art was nice too.

It was fun seeing Diana back in her signature Wonder Woman civilian clothes, one day I'd like an in story explanation about where they come from and who makes them. It's hard to picture the Amazons creating star and W emblazoned athleisure wear. Were it up to me her complete wardrobe would come from via spin. It'd save a lot of time and money on shopping and dry cleaning and she wouldn't need a walk-in closet.

The new career Etta has made for herself works so well with Wonder Woman's mission, Orlando had a great idea there.

I'm in agreement with Dr. Poison, Warmaster's costume is Nazi Valkyrie inspired by Wonder Woman complete with bustier and head gear, it's a good look.

Did anyone else notice the defunct bar the looters broke into was supposed to be Cheers? That was a cool little joke.

But I want her to have a walk in closet! Lol she is a princess. I would’ve preferred her staying somewhere else other than a duplex.

Eh, nothing to great except maybe the return of Devastation.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    But I want her to have a walk in closet! Lol she is a princess. I would’ve preferred her staying somewhere else other than a duplex.
    Yeah that duplex is SO underwhelming. This is the same princess that lived in a fabulous New York penthouse, on the Wonder Dome and in a circular house on the beach, who approved that low income looking duplex? It doesn't appear to have a walk-in closet either. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah that duplex is SO underwhelming. This is the same princess that lived in a fabulous New York penthouse, on the Wonder Dome and in a circular house on the beach, who approved that low income looking duplex? It doesn't appear to have a walk-in closet either. lol
    Not at all! I’m sure it came furnished as well. “Sigh”

Perhaps we might see Diana working at Taco Whiz again
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Overall, I liked it.

Diana reaching out to Donna is the first time we've seen any Diana/Donna connection in these pages since forever. Long overdue.

I'm also liking the Paula/Grail and the four Horsewomen subplot because we're finally getting some new villains. While I enjoy Cheetah, Ares, Giganta and Veronica Cale I feel like we've been needing more useage of Diana's other villains for a while.

Not that much happened this issue, but there was a lot of forward plot building, which was good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The prevs for issue 752 out next week looks and reads pretty good...if only they could maintain a level of consistency.
    I want editorial/writers to give her more Male villains (other than Ares) though...Grail, Veronica Cale, the Horsewomen, Circe, Cheetah, the Furies, Giganta, now Iron Maiden...strong, powerful women all but it would be coolz to mix it up, gender-wise. Also, I think she needs a new arch nemesis, someone that not only pushes her character further and deeper but also pushes her world intellectually and physically emotionally...like Lex Luthor does for Superman and Joker does for Batman.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!