Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I knew this Avengers run was going to be **** as soon as they announced a Ghost Rider was joining.

Historically speaking, Ghost Riders stomp on the Avengers and hang out with the X-Men. Johnny Blaze once did both at the same time in Uncanny Avengers.
    King Robbie is too good for these losers. I am just happy that the myth of Avengers being popular without editorial interference has been dissipated. As well as the notion Aaron is an A list.

BANNED

Heh, only the first issues of non-x-comics are trumping X-Men? That's says something

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I knew this Avengers run was going to be **** as soon as they announced a Ghost Rider was joining.

Historically speaking, Ghost Riders stomp on the Avengers and hang out with the X-Men. Johnny Blaze once did both at the same time in Uncanny Avengers.
    Heh After Hickman left Avengers. The flagship title went down after him. Was never impressed with Al Ewing run either.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. This again?

I get it, I really do. The folks bashing on the current non-flagship-book sales aren't particularly subtle in their praise/defense/whatever of the Gold/Blue/Red era. Not only that, but downplaying how much ass the flagship is currently kicking compared to its recent predecessors feels hilariously selective/unfair. Snarky Defiance in the name of Truth and Justice. Gotcha. Mostly in agreement, too.

That being said, HoX/DoX was preemptively hailed as the badassest X-related event in almost twenty years and, hey, what do you know, a few months down the line, the second best-selling X-Book is beating X-Men Blue, by, what, less than 10%?

Just saying, there's valid points on both sides of the fence.

What were the sales of Red like around now? People posted Blue and Gold. I'm assuming X-force and Mr. and Mrs. sold....not great.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Heh After Hickman left Avengers. The flagship title went down after him. Was never impressed with Al Ewing run either.
    U.S. Avengers was a lot of fun. Lots of crazy ideas in that one. I loved their idiotic Rogues like Gold Skull, whose fetishism led him to make a battlemech out of actual gold, the softest metal in the world. (Real effective.)

But yeah, Avengers and that teen centric young justice wannabe garbage, the Champions, were sooooo bad.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Fallen Angels sells better then Red did.

Extraordinary Member

I'm enjoying the Avengers and X-Men.

Actully, I think storywise, Marvel is in a really fun place right now. Sure, sales might be crap, but hey, that's for the poor marketing and finance departments to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Lmao Fallen Angels outsold Avengers.

I didn't knew Fallen angels was n their 38th issue.

19 21 Avengers 6 $3.99 08/22/18 Marvel 58,925

so not true at all

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I didn't knew Fallen angels was n their 38th issue.

19 21 Avengers 6 $3.99 08/22/18 Marvel 58,925

so not true at all
    Its friggin Avengers though and FA is a satellite series about Kwannon. Granted the numbers are extremely close but its still a significant observation
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-18-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its friggin Avengers though and FA is a satellite series about Kwannon. Granted the numbers are extremely close but its still a significant observation
    it has sales atritions. In May it has been going for 2 years. Fallen angels has been going on for 3 months. not comparable

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Le sigh. This again?

I get it, I really do. The folks bashing on the current non-flagship-book sales aren't particularly subtle in their praise/defense/whatever of the Gold/Blue/Red era. Not only that, but downplaying how much ass the flagship is currently kicking compared to its recent predecessors feels hilariously selective/unfair. Snarky Defiance in the name of Truth and Justice. Gotcha. Mostly in agreement, too.

That being said, HoX/DoX was preemptively hailed as the badassest X-related event in almost twenty years and, hey, what do you know, a few months down the line, the second best-selling X-Book is beating X-Men Blue, by, what, less than 10%?

Just saying, there's valid points on both sides of the fence.
    Blue/Gold era had serious problems, some of them caused by waiting for Hickman arrive. You may want to mock, but this won't work it here.

Before Hickman writers had to write without really changing status quo, get worse artists. Gold got the worse produver of the arrowverse.

The fact that gold/blue fight very well with sales with DOX non x-men hickman sales, speak a lot that sales are good back then even with everything against it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What were the sales of Red like around now? People posted Blue and Gold. I'm assuming X-force and Mr. and Mrs. sold....not great.
    X-Men Red #5: 38,372
    X-Men Red #6: 36,808

A very interesting thing is that the X books are always in amazing positions at Comixology. The three books of last week are top 5, that's amazing for books like Excalibur. And if you go to the second page of the Best Selles, you'll see A LOT of previous issues of X-books, giving the notion that readers are picking up older issues that they lost, because interest is high and they want to catch up. Only Fallen Angels does not appear (understandbly).

https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers
    Last edited by Weather; 02-18-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Glad that X-Force is now the most sold outside X-Men.
    Same. It’s an awesome book. Deserves all the success.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Only chipping in because I used to work in a comic shop, and not interested in comparing eras writers etc.

One of the difficulties in comparing the DoX books to the monthly sales of previous titles is that the DoX titles aren't shipping on a monthly basis, where you could estimate your orders and adjust accordingly.

Shelf-space is a tricky thing to manage. In the shop I worked in we (loosely) had space for a *small* number of back issues, but ordered most titles based on what we thought would exactly sell out, no overstock and no customers left without ( a very difficult process). I should mention we were gradually giving more and more of the shop over to toys etc also.

The process gets further complicated when there are new number 1s being churned out all the time, and when you only have so much shelf space for wanting to keep (ideally) the last three issues of any specific title on the shelves. I suspect for Marvel (using new mutants as an example) the extra copies being ordered in the short-term by double-shipping (even with inferior art/story such as in New Mutants issues) is more of a cash cow than monthly solid sales, particularly if, going on past history, you dont expect many titles to live past twenty issues.

On the bigger picture, I'm pleased to see the X-Books doing well, but I'm already a little bit worried about market saturation. But pleased I have had a real job for many years and no longer need to worry about orders!
    Last edited by Captain Buttocks; 02-18-2020 at 08:01 AM. Reason: extra info