Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    where's my Fallen Angels hive??
    Here here, X23 fans have done nothing but complain abt that book when it was a return to form for her character after Taylor, it sold what it sold and haters can come up with whatever excuse they want but facts are facts. It was far from perfect but it started and ended very well all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post

Immortal Hulk is a funny one. We used to try and predict the "sleeper hits" that would either increase or would defy attrition.

My own biggest hits - I thought Uncanny X-Force looked promising when i flicked through the first issue (although mainly because its wasnt K&Y), and around that time Hawkeye by Fraction came out too and I said it would be a hit. Those were both towards the end of my retail career though... maybe my judgement improved..

Biggest misses - I remember skimming issue one of the Walking Dead and going "meh - ten issues tops" to a co-worker. I also thought District X would be the sleeper hit of the 2000's.... I also didn't think anyone would buy Ultimate Spider-Man or Ultimate X-Men, so I think there's more than enough conclusive proof that I know nothing!
    Your services to the comic shop world are much appreciated, Mr. Buttocks.
    Last edited by JB; 02-18-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Here here, X23 fans have done nothing but complain abt that book when it was a return to form for her character after Taylor, it sold what it sold and haters can come up with whatever excuse they want but facts are facts. It was far from perfect but it started and ended very well all things considered.
    It's a return to form if you liked Claremont's version of Laura.
    "Cable was right!"

As other have pointed out this is the number sold to stores, not necessarily sold AT stores to customers. I point this out because my local store has almost an entire shelf of unsold Fallen Angels issues. I almost feel bad for it.

I just read the first 4 issues of X-Force and did not see what all the hype was about. Marauders is so underrated.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    As other have pointed out this is the number sold to stores, not necessarily sold AT stores to customers. I point this out because my local store has almost an entire shelf of unsold Fallen Angels issues. I almost feel bad for it.
    And my uncle works for Nintendo

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well, they're talking about their local store; not every comic shop in the USA.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I just read the first 4 issues of X-Force and did not see what all the hype was about. Marauders is so underrated.
    I feel the same way. Never quite vibed with X-Force and Marauders is my favorite Dawn book currently.

Enjoyed every issue so far.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah well Immortal Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man and Venom all came out years ago and are selling better so that doesnt hold up to me
    Very good point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I feel the same way. Never quite vibed with X-Force and Marauders is my favorite Dawn book currently.

I was slow to like Marauders (first few issues didn't do it for me) but later issues pulled me in. I still prefer X-force which I've enjoyed every issue (though X-force isn't as fun on the second or third read imo). I'm still looking for a bit more... I'm hoping to really love Wolverine. The Giant Sized X-Men should be good.

My dad has a comic shop and since Dawn of X started there's a Krakoan gate at the entrance where everyone has to buy all current X-Men books or else they'll be publicly shamed as flatscans.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I knew this Avengers run was going to be **** as soon as they announced a Ghost Rider was joining.

Historically speaking, Ghost Riders stomp on the Avengers and hang out with the X-Men. Johnny Blaze once did both at the same time in Uncanny Avengers.
    X-Men are such a better concept than the Avengers. So happy to see the X Books are selling like hotcakes again. Means Marvel won't be so quick to ever place the Avengers over them again. Can only hope it is like it was in the 90s with the X-Men ruling the roost.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Marauders feels like its doing its own thing but still very tied into the main story. There a lot of POVs, a great cast, each issue has been getting better. Its also a completely fresh take for an X-Team. I'm actually surprised how much I liked it.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    X-Men are such a better concept than the Avengers. So happy to see the X Books are selling like hotcakes again. Means Marvel won't be so quick to ever place the Avengers over them again. Can only hope it is like it was in the 90s with the X-Men ruling the roost.
    Any comic can take the crown. It all depends on the creative team. Whenever you crow about the avengers or the x-men beating each other, it's a setup! Like those wrestling fans having genuine arguments over 'smackdown vs. Raw.'
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    And my uncle works for Nintendo
    Goodbye 101010