Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it has sales atritions. In May it has been going for 2 years. Fallen angels has been going on for 3 months. not comparable
    Yeah well Immortal Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man and Venom all came out years ago and are selling better so that doesnt hold up to me

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    X-Men Red #5: 38,372
    X-Men Red #6: 36,808
    Kwannon > Jean

I hope Feige is listening to the fans.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 02-18-2020 at 08:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    X-Men Red #5: 38,372
    X-Men Red #6: 36,808
    So at the same # Fallen Angels aka a satellite book that received mixed reviews, that everyone knew was ending, about a pretty new character sold more then a book featuring A listers that had XMen in its name? I see a lot of arguments being debunked here.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    So at the same # Fallen Angels aka a satellite book that received mixed reviews, that everyone knew was ending, about a pretty new character sold more then a book featuring A listers that had XMen in its name? I see a lot of arguments being debunked here.
    Kwannon isn't a new character and it came with overhype with dawn of X. and who knows if it sold what they ordered

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Before Hickman writers had to write without really changing status quo, get worse artists. Gold got the worse produver of the arrowverse.
    Untrue. Hickman might not have acknowledged it but Blue/Red/Disassembled/Rosenberg introduced plenty of new elements. And readers had no idea what Hickman was doing so apathy to those changes cant be attributed to him. Your argument abt series fatigue also doesnt work when Red which starred some of the biggest names in the franchise and Jean sold less then the least popular DoX book.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Kwannon > Jean

Aint that the truth

Kwannon > Jean

solo movie when?? the people are waiting..

Untrue. Hickman might not have acknowledged it but Blue/Red/Disassembled/Rosenberg introduced plenty of new elements. And readers had no idea what Hickman was doing so apathy to those changes cant be attributed to him. Your argument abt series fatigue also doesnt work when Red which starred some of the biggest names in the franchise and Jean sold less then the least popular DoX book.
    h
    o tell me what concepts were that? if hickman ignored is because for him it was filler and Marvel was treating that era as fill in until he arrived.
    The status quo didn't helped, people very often ignore it and it didn't sold much less. for a tertiary book that the line never acknowledged

Kwannon > Jean

some comic shops ordering books. Sure

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah well Immortal Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man and Venom all came out years ago and are selling better so that doesnt hold up to me

Immortal Hulk is a funny one. We used to try and predict the "sleeper hits" that would either increase or would defy attrition.

My own biggest hits - I thought Uncanny X-Force looked promising when i flicked through the first issue (although mainly because its wasnt K&Y), and around that time Hawkeye by Fraction came out too and I said it would be a hit. Those were both towards the end of my retail career though... maybe my judgement improved..

Biggest misses - I remember skimming issue one of the Walking Dead and going "meh - ten issues tops" to a co-worker. I also thought District X would be the sleeper hit of the 2000's.... I also didn't think anyone would buy Ultimate Spider-Man or Ultimate X-Men, so I think there's more than enough conclusive proof that I know nothing!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What were the sales of Red like around now? People posted Blue and Gold. I'm assuming X-force and Mr. and Mrs. sold....not great.
    Red and Astonishing were switching places as best selling X-book until UXM came back. Brisson-Force was doing worse than Tamaki's X-23.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

I dunno why folks are cheering garbage selling well.

All this proves is marketing is a hell of a drug for comics. Cause Fallen Angels shouldn't be selling more thank 5k

That heap of flaming garbage

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The X-23 fans probably mercy bought it.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Aint that the truth
    I am trying to figure out just how much of Rosenberg's run and even Age of X-Man were set ups for Hickman. We have things like Ruth's suicide and the massive number of deaths. We also have Apocalypse being brought back and given a slightly lighter introduction than we would have thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There are times I almost pity them because I have brought some really bad comics in the past just because they had Morbius in them.
    Last edited by Rosebunse; 02-18-2020 at 10:29 AM.

where's my Fallen Angels hive??

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    shoulda split that 40k between the other X-titles.