Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I know we can’t nominate, but if I might... suggest a few...?
    Of course, we can PM your candidates and ask them if they're interested in free godhood.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

*walks into thread a little hungover*

Right. Glad no one had the temerity to try and take the role of God of the Seas that is rightfully mine.

Jazz me up god boy.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Just for the record, the Divine Transfiguration here still leaves everybody with all their memories and continuity of identity.

But at the same time, the essence is evolved to a higher level. Those who enter the Pantheon aren't just mortals with added power tacked on. They're as divine as MU Thor or DC Darkseid.

It's as though Lady Featherine added a new chapter to your story where your essence changed from mortal to divine. And it's as cosmically valid as if you started that way. If you were brought before Living Tribunal, he'd recognize you as fully divine, not a pretender.
    Yeah...but I've been changed. By an external force. Pass.

[The experience would be something akin to what we have now when we look back at our fourteen-year-old selves. It's still recognizably "us" back then, but we're now so much more.
    I get what you're saying, but again, this is an external change in me that has skipped all kinds of 'growth' (were I to ever achieve that) and no-doubt has changed my perspectives on a lot of things...which means it has changed 'me'. I didn't change me; the external force changed me.

Also, there's still the issue of me now being part of a situation where I have beings worshipping me as some kind of savior, and no-doubt conflicts arising, people killing in my name, people's lives directly depending on my choices (and probably loads of people), potential for conflict between gods (because that **** always happens, and you have war gods and evil gods in there), etc.

No thanks.

Shoot, I don't even WANT to live in a fantasy world where killing things is considered perfectly normal.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...must admit, there's some fun stuff in this thread. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Let dumbness reign among the fawning flock.
    well it's a Pantheon kind of thing, so willfully ignorant people probably shouldn't ask her for any help, but they're free to bug you.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    *walks into thread a little hungover*

Right. Glad no one had the temerity to try and take the role of God of the Seas that is rightfully mine.

Jazz me up god boy.
    Flash of light, raging fire inside your soul ... all that that is pirate, sailor, seaworthy is magnified, enhanced ... glorified. Knowledge floods your mind, everything there is to know about water, sea-life, sailing, the ocean ... it's all in there somewhere... More life down there, more variety, more sentience, than any work of fiction on our world.

And magic. There's magic down there too, lots of it.

And you become aware of an island on the new world, a highly advanced people, perhaps the most highly advanced mortals there.... How simple it would be to sink their island while transforming them into aquatic humans....

If Sky Father and Earth Mother are aware of your thoughts, they give no sign. For surely, island peoples are sea people, and they belong to you....

"Welcome Lord Nik Hasta, King of the Sea, god of all things Maritime," he says, "Lord Shellhead hasn't finished your Trident yet, but it's coming up second, right after my Spear, Shield and Scepter."

He waves you on in.

Our Pantheon so far:

• Agriculture — Lord Grampagen
    • Art — Lord Nschornhorst
    • Death — Lord The Dog
    • Dragons — Lord Stigmazilla

• Evil — Lord Beadle
    • Forge — Lord Shellhead
    • Light — Lord FrenchGemini
    • Magic — Lord Steel Inquisitor

• Seas — Captain Nik Hasta
    • Travel — Lord Doctor Will Hatch
    • Trickster — Lord Mister Sandman
    • War — Lord MunchKING

• Wine — Lord Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
    • Wisdom — Lady Tami

And now the Pantheon is fourteen, plus our King and Queen.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-19-2020 at 08:58 PM.

The Pantheon has six godly Spheres of Influence left open:

• Fate — Weaving, Spiders, Venom, Destiny;

• Hunting — Archery, Horses, Forests, Wilderness;

• Love — Beauty, Sex, Courtship, Etiquette, Pleasure;

• Medicine — Healing, Health, Purification, Absolution, Ancestry, Disease, Poisons, Potions;

• Strength — Wrestling, Stamina, Durability, Mountains, Athletics;

• Wealth — Business, Economics, Trading, Homes, Luck, Fortune;

First come, first serve.

Our Pantheon so far:

• Death — Lord The Dog

• Evil — Lord Beadle
    • Forge — Lord Shellhead

• Seas — Lord Nik Hasta
    • War — Lord MunchKING

• Wisdom — Lady Tami

And now the Pantheon is fourteen, plus our King and Queen.
    Small note. It's "Captain" not "Lord". Lord only comes up if I choose to use it my fuller titles but is always a subtitle.

Small note. It's "Captain" not "Lord". Lord only comes up if I choose to use it my fuller titles but is always a subtitle.
    Changed.

Even as Travel is 'Lord Doctor Will Hatch,' you're now 'Lord Captain Nik Hasta.'

The 'Lord' part denotes your divinity; it would be improper to leave it off in a formal setting.

Informally, sure, you're 'Captain.'

I wonder if you need a magic ship, like one that sails both upon and below the waves? Perhaps it also sails on land, or in the air like the Flying Dutchman?

Better trade favors with Lord Shellhead for that one. Unlike the Trident, you don't get it for free.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-19-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Changed.

Even as Travel is 'Lord Doctor Will Hatch,' you're now 'Lord Captain Nik Hasta.'

The 'Lord' part denotes your divinity; it would be improper to leave it off in a formal setting.
    I'm sorry, you don't seem to have understood me.

Whatever titles I acquire, whatever stations I arise to or run from, I will ever be a Captain before all else. The capricious standards of the divine are of no concern to me. It is Captain or it is nothing.

I wonder if you need a magic ship, like one that sails both upon and below the waves? Perhaps it also sails on land, or in the air like the Flying Dutchman?

Better trade favors with Lord Shellhead for that one. Unlike the Trident, you don't get it for free.
    According to the spheres of my influence, I am the god of ships. It would be a pretty paltry package of divine powers if I cannot create a ship suitable to my needs without aid. Especially aid from the god of the forge, of all people.

Metal ships aren't suitable vessels for my divine power and thus his assistance is not required.

Changed.

Changed.

Whatever titles I acquire, whatever stations I arise to or run from, I will ever be a Captain before all else. The capricious standards of the divine are of no concern to me. It is Captain or it is nothing.

According to the spheres of my influence, I am the god of ships. It would be a pretty paltry package of divine powers if I cannot create a ship suitable to my needs without aid. Especially aid from the god of the forge, of all people.

Metal ships aren't suitable vessels for my divine power and thus his assistance is not required.
    Assuming the ‘Lord’ in this polytheistic, pantheonic (shut up - it’s totally a word), divine sense is applied in the same way as honourifics applied to humans, Nik’s quite correct that his maritime rank would precede his lordship.

Admiral Lord Nelson is a classic example, but there are many others.

Sky Father issues a formal proclamation that your formal title is 'Captain' now.

Thus, our Pantheon so far:

• Death — Lord The Dog

• Evil — Lord Beadle
    • Forge — Lord Shellhead

• Seas — Captain Nik Hasta
    • War — Lord MunchKING

• Wisdom — Lady Tami

I suppose with all your undersea resources, you can probably find a way to get your magic ship going ... although the sailing over land/flying through the air stuff could be tricky....

Have you heard of this, Captain?

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth

Anyway... I imagine armies of spider crabs putting the ship together from hither hereto unknown materials (Unknown by surface dwellers).

Assuming the ‘Lord’ in this polytheistic, pantheonic (shut up - it’s totally a word), divine sense is applied in the same way as honourifics applied to humans, Nik’s quite correct that his maritime rank would precede his lordship.

Admiral Lord Nelson is a classic example, but there are many others.
    Absolutely correct.

Furthermore, I am a god and my titles will be respected as such. The sea is a cruel mistress and those who disrespect my rank will find my wrath to be similarly unpleasant.

*Dramatic waves crash behind the ocean god*

Changed.

Maybe try 'Captain Nik Hasta, Lord of the Seas'.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.