Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Assuming the ‘Lord’ in this polytheistic, pantheonic (shut up - it’s totally a word), divine sense is applied in the same way as honourifics applied to humans, Nik’s quite correct that his maritime rank would precede his lordship.

Admiral Lord Nelson is a classic example, but there are many others.
    I'm not sure if he wants "Captain' or 'Captain Lord.' In any event, Sky Father has issued a formal proclamation in accordance with his request.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-19-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Absolutely correct.

Furthermore, I am a god and my titles will be respected as such. The sea is a cruel mistress and those who disrespect my rank will find my wrath to be similarly unpleasant.

*Dramatic waves crash behind the ocean god*
    You've certainly got the tempestuous part down. Beadle was correct to suggest you for Sea King, Captain Lord.

Now if we can find five more people to accept Transfiguration, I'll take whichever Sphere is leftover.

Nik, do us a favour and hit Miburo up for the Hunting deification...?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Will do. Please hold.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Oh, gawd....

*prepares*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh, gawd....

*prepares*
    The ocean god makes the call, for a moment every wave in creation hangs in the air before continuing in its ceaseless motion.

With his single eye burning bright blue, the pirate king turned to the assembled pantheon.

"He is coming,"

The air became stifling, tension building as the prodigal son of the Rumbles and Khazan's mightiest fighter approached from whatever distant lands unfortunate enough to have attracted his attention.

Godhood was a small bauble to one such as him but he would take it.

The ocean god makes the call, for a moment every wave in creation hangs in the air before continuing in its ceaseless motion.

With his single eye burning bright blue, the pirate king turned to the assembled pantheon.

"He is coming,"

The air became stifling, tension building as the prodigal son of the Rumbles and Khazan's mightiest fighter approached from whatever distant lands unfortunate enough to have attracted his attention.

Godhood was a small bauble to one such as him but he would take it.
    Hello, Miburo.

Here are the remaining Spheres:

• Fate — Weaving, Spiders, Venom, Destiny;

• Hunting — Archery, Horses, Forests, Wilderness;

• Love — Beauty, Sex, Courtship, Etiquette, Pleasure;

• Medicine — Healing, Health, Purification, Absolution, Ancestry, Disease, Poisons, Potions;

• Strength — Wrestling, Stamina, Durability, Mountains, Athletics;

• Wealth — Business, Economics, Trading, Homes, Luck, Fortune;

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

*gets out the popcorn*

Nice intro. He'll live up to it; he always does.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Yes? Did someone call for the Mightiest Fighter? I'm here. Whatdya need?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Semi related, but what kind of stats would a god in D&D 5e have, if they were to have stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Semi related, but what kind of stats would a god in D&D 5e have, if they were to have stats?
    Some already do have stats. Tiamat, for example, has a stat-block. Around CR30 if I recall correctly.

Of course, the standard get-out is that it’s only ever an avatar of a god and not the real thing.

This was the text I was skimming when making the thread, but it's probably not necessary to specify.

As Roger Zelazny once wrote, "Let it be the place of mystery."

517rMSCNmNL.jpg

Some already do have stats. Tiamat, for example, has a stat-block. Around CR30 if I recall correctly.

Of course, the standard get-out is that it’s only ever an avatar of a god and not the real thing.
    That's usually a caveat for gods anyway, it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    This was the text I was skimming when making the thread, but it's probably not necessary to specify.

As Roger Zelazny once wrote, "Let it be the place of mystery."
    While this works from an enjoyment/prevention of powergaming perspective, unless Dungeons and Dragons gods were literally all powerful (they're clearly not), they must have actual stats that can correspond to how powerful they are.

Obviously, it makes sense not to put out stats because someone's going to try to powergame it, and you really just want to put forth the idea that gods can't be fought (though maybe their avatars can, situationally), but this is Rumbles after all. :P

Besides, if someone offered to make me a god, I'd want to know what exactly I would be capable of first. That's just me though.

Side note: The previous thread similar to this was wiped by the board reboot. I double checked to be sure, but it's clearly been a while.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 02-19-2020 at 12:16 PM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Obviously, it makes sense not to put out stats because someone's going to try to powergame it, and you really just want to put forth the idea that gods can't be fought (though maybe their avatars can, situationally), but this is Rumbles after all. :P

Besides, if someone offered to make me a god, I'd want to know what exactly I would be capable of first. That's just me though.
    For 3.X here's what they released on the SRD.

Divine Ranks and Powers
    Divine Abilities
    Extra Domains/Spells/Minions

As the section on "levels" says, they were 20 HD Outsiders that then got another 30-50 character levels. So if you want to build yourself a cool power-build under those guidelines, you can.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    For 3.X here's what they released on the SRD.

Divine Ranks and Powers
    Divine Abilities
    Extra Domains/Spells/Minions

As the section on "levels" says, they were 20 HD Outsiders that then got another 30-50 character levels. So if you want to build yourself a cool power-build under those guidelines, you can.
    That sounds about right.

Sky Father and Earth Mother would be Greater Deities (Rank 16-20).

We Pantheon members would start out as Intermediate Deities (Rank 11-15).

There'd be a huge competition between us as to who was the first to be promoted to Rank 16, Greater Deity.

The fur would be flying.

There's also the possibility that the fantasy world the Plot Gods are creating has other pantheons. In that case, we'd be the gods of a particular people or civilization, and as our mortals are in competition with other mortals, we're in competition with another pantheon.

So anybody who thought we'd only be sitting on our asses and drinking wine, no, not only.