Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Funnily, I seem to remember this exact thread being done a few years ago, minus the D&D stipulations.
    Wasn't aware of that, but if you can find the link, it may be interesting to compare the two. I've pumped out a lot of threads in the past two weeks, so there's bound to be echoes of old themes.

Meanwhile ... are you going to claim a spot in the Pantheon or the consolation prize of a standard-issue Ring of Three Wishes?

The obvious choice for you has just been taken, but perhaps there's something else you can live with?

Live with forever.

As an atheist, none of these godly spheres particularly resonate with me, but my avatar seems like a good match for Forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    As an atheist, none of these godly spheres particularly resonate with me, but my avatar seems like a good match for Forge.
    You are transfigured, down to the deepest parts of your soul. Your new, perfected body has massive physical strength and endurance, and your mind is full of boundless knowledge of how the universe works, and how to condense those workings into specialized items and artifacts.

"Welcome, Lord Shellhead, god of the Forge," says Sky Father. "See that volcano off in the distance? That's your workshop. Full of dwarves and other such helpers. As we're just starting out, there's a few ideas I've got for artifacts. I'll describe them to you later on. For now, we feast."

He waves you on in.

Our Pantheon so far:

• Art — Lord Nschornhorst
    • Dragons — Lord Stigmazilla
    • Evil — Lord Beadle
    • Forge — Lord Shellhead

• Light — Lord FrenchGemini
    • Magic — Lord Steel Inquisitor
    • Travel — Lord Doctor Will Hatch
    • Trickster — Lord Mister Sandman

• War — Lord MunchKING
    • Wine — Lord Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
    • Wisdom — Lady Tami
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-18-2020 at 01:52 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    The Plot Gods hand you your Ring of Three Wishes.

Attachment 93346

"You won't be able to get immortality out of this artifact," one of them says, "but you should nevertheless find its uses sufficient to your needs, which appear modest enough."

They vanish, leaving behind only wisps of smoke and the ring.

Attachment 93347

(If too small, click on this.)
    Wish has been nerfed. ^_^ Still more pleased with this than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Out of curiosity, couldn't you wish for you and your wife to be immortal with a single wish if immortality was actually allowed?
    Probably, but even going by my image of 'Wish' spell - which, I'll admit, is stuck in my mind at 1st edition, mainly because I was only interested in 'Wish' back then - wish spells couldn't do that for two people.

If it could, that would be great! ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Wasn't aware of that, but if you can find the link, it may be interesting to compare the two. I've pumped out a lot of threads in the past two weeks, so there's bound to be echoes of old themes.

Live with forever.
    I would be SO Amused if this turned out to be a plot-establishing thread for an actual D&D/Pathfinder style game where our personas are the Gods. Or maybe something more along the roads of Scion, where we are the pantheon from which the Scions come.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Probably, but even going by my image of 'Wish' spell - which, I'll admit, is stuck in my mind at 1st edition, mainly because I was only interested in 'Wish' back then - wish spells couldn't do that for two people.

If it could, that would be great! ^_^
    Wish for Dragon Balls, and then get Shenron to give you the Immortality.

We never saw him do it for more than one person at a time, so it may need a few years between using your ring's wishes.

Hmm... Death or Strength? Death or Strength?...

I am become DEATH, Destroyer of Worlds.

Because someone's gotta do the job, and Hades is one of my favorite Greek gods.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I just want to be me.
    Just for the record, the Divine Transfiguration here still leaves everybody with all their memories and continuity of identity.

But at the same time, the essence is evolved to a higher level. Those who enter the Pantheon aren't just mortals with added power tacked on. They're as divine as MU Thor or DC Darkseid.

It's as though Lady Featherine added a new chapter to your story where your essence changed from mortal to divine. And it's as cosmically valid as if you started that way. If you were brought before Living Tribunal, he'd recognize you as fully divine, not a pretender.

The experience would be something akin to what we have now when we look back at our fourteen-year-old selves. It's still recognizably "us" back then, but we're now so much more.

But yeah, in this case the progression is a sudden jump rather than a slow grind.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-18-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Hmm... Death or Strength? Death or Strength?...

I am become DEATH, Destroyer of Worlds.

Because someone's gotta do the job, and Hades is one of my favorite Greek gods.
    "Greetings, Death, Master of the Underworld," says Sky Father. "As you have your own domain, I know you won't often be a guest in heaven, but you're welcome here when your schedule allows it."

He waves you on in.

Our Pantheon so far:

• Death — Lord The Dog
    • Evil — Lord Beadle

• Forge — Lord Shellhead

• War — Lord MunchKING
    • Wisdom — Lady Tami

The Pantheon has eight godly Spheres of Influence left open:

• Agriculture — Food, Banquets, Harvests, Famine, Honeybees, Animal Domestication;
    • Fate — Weaving, Spiders, Venom, Destiny;
    • Hunting — Archery, Horses, Forests, Wilderness;
    • Love — Beauty, Sex, Courtship, Etiquette, Pleasure;

• Medicine — Healing, Health, Purification, Absolution, Ancestry, Disease, Poisons, Potions;
    • Seas — Ships, Sailors, Sleep, Dreams, Water, Weather, Tides, Oceans, Rivers, Lakes;
    • Strength — Wrestling, Stamina, Durability, Mountains, Athletics;
    • Wealth — Business, Economics, Trading, Homes, Luck, Fortune;

First come, first serve.

"Greetings, Death, Master of the Underworld," says Sky Father. "As you have your own domain, I know you won't often be a guest in heaven, but you're welcome here when your schedule allows it."

He waves you on in.

Our Pantheon so far:

• Death — Lord The Dog
    • Evil — Lord Beadle

• Forge — Lord Shellhead

• War — Lord MunchKING
    • Wisdom — Lady Tami
    I'll just have to console myself with my solid gold, jewel-encrusted throne and swimming through gold and jewels like Scrooge McDuck.

Because gold and jewels are within my underworld domain. I consider that a perk for being one of the few Gods with an actual job maintaining my realm.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I'll just have to console myself with my solid gold, jewel-encrusted throne and swimming through gold and jewels like Scrooge McDuck.

Because gold and jewels are within my underworld domain. I consider that a perk for being one of the few Gods with an actual job maintaining my realm.
    In our pantheon, Death and Wealth are different Spheres, but there's always competition within pantheons.

Yeah, you can have as much gold and diamonds as you like. Not sure what you're gonna do with it, unless spreading the wealth in the mortal world is a way of furthering your influence, gaining more worshippers.

Then again, you're Death, nobody's gonna forget about you.

I spread nanomachines and college ball to spread my influence.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nanomachines sound a little advanced for a medieval era D&D game...

*plots how to weaponize them*

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I spread nanomachines and college ball to spread my influence.
    You're the god of Wine. I don't think you need to worry about spreading your influence.

Just keep those vineyards growing and you're set for everlasting life.

Even the gods treasure the vine.