Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    So anybody who thought we'd only be sitting on our asses and drinking wine, no, not only.
    Ambrosia, too.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

We Pantheon members would start out as Intermediate Deities (Rank 11-15).
    Interesting. Hero Lab doesn't let me do the 20 Outsider levels, but other than that, I could make something work...

Intermediate means we can automatically sense anything that involves our portfolio, no matter how few people are involved, and look back on it for up to Divine Ranks in weeks.

Oh, up to 10 free actions PER ROUND as long as their difficulty isn't above 25 and it works within your Portfolio.

We are always considered to have rolled a 20 on our checks, and get our Divine Ranks as a bonus. That means if you could do it as a free action, you automatically succeed.

I find it odd we're immune to cold, Electricity, and acid, but only have Fire Resistance 5 + Divine Ranks.

There'd be a huge competition between us as to who was the first to be promoted to Rank 16, Greater Deity.

The fur would be flying.
    Oh right! Better do my divine exercises and eat my wheeties!

There's also the possibility that the fantasy world the Plot Gods are creating has other pantheons. In that case, we'd be the gods of a particular people or civilization, and as our mortals are in competition with other mortals, we're in competition with another pantheon.
    Oh I know how to deal with THOSE!!

Civ 6 rules! Crush their religion while still only one city believes in it, and they won't have anyone to spread it to other cities!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

That sounds about right.

Sky Father and Earth Mother would be Greater Deities (Rank 16-20).

We Pantheon members would start out as Intermediate Deities (Rank 11-15).

There'd be a huge competition between us as to who was the first to be promoted to Rank 16, Greater Deity.

The fur would be flying.

There's also the possibility that the fantasy world the Plot Gods are creating has other pantheons. In that case, we'd be the gods of a particular people or civilization, and as our mortals are in competition with other mortals, we're in competition with another pantheon.

So anybody who thought we'd only be sitting on our asses and drinking wine, no, not only.
    If almost every other pantheon sets the tone for this one, the next most powerful after the Sky Father and Earth Mother would clearly be either Lord The Dog or myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    For 3.X here's what they released on the SRD.

Divine Ranks and Powers
    Divine Abilities
    Extra Domains/Spells/Minions

As the section on "levels" says, they were 20 HD Outsiders that then got another 30-50 character levels. So if you want to build yourself a cool power-build under those guidelines, you can.
    Oh that's actually a pretty solid list of things, even for intermediate deities. Going with that, you should be immortal and able to do stuff like teleport at will, give other people the spells, etc. That's without getting into the domain related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    If almost every other pantheon sets the tone for this one, the next most powerful after the Sky Father and Earth Mother would clearly be either Lord The Dog or myself.
    Evil is more powerful than War?

Interesting. Hero Lab doesn't let me do the 20 Outsider levels, but other than that, I could make something work...

Intermediate means we can automatically sense anything that involves our portfolio, no matter how few people are involved, and look back on it for up to Divine Ranks in weeks.

Oh, up to 10 free actions PER ROUND as long as their difficulty isn't above 25 and it works within your Portfolio.

We are always considered to have rolled a 20 on our checks, and get our Divine Ranks as a bonus. That means if you could do it as a free action, you automatically succeed.
    I think that only applies for greater deities:

"Greater deities (rank 16-20) automatically get the best result possible on any check, saving throw, attack roll, or damage roll. Calculate success, failure, or other effects accordingly. When a greater deity makes a check, attack, or save assume a 20 was rolled and calculate success or failure from there"

It's not an automatic success though since it's not a natural 20, which is why you add the divine ranks, right?

Evil is more powerful than War?
    Evil and/or Death do not always fuel War.

War always fuels Evil and Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    I think that only applies for greater deities:

"Greater deities (rank 16-20) automatically get the best result possible on any check, saving throw, attack roll, or damage roll. Calculate success, failure, or other effects accordingly. When a greater deity makes a check, attack, or save assume a 20 was rolled and calculate success or failure from there"

It's not an automatic success though since it's not a natural 20, which is why you add the divine ranks, right?
    That's for any roll, I was looking at the bit below it that says:

"Checks
    A deity gets its divine rank as a divine bonus on all skill checks, ability checks, caster level checks, and turning checks. Lesser deities (rank 6-10) may take 10 on any check, provided they need to make a check at all. Intermediate and greater deities (rank 11-20) always get a result of 20 on any check, provided they need to make a check at all. "

Which admittedly only works for skills, abilities and Caster Level/Turning checks; but as I was talking about skill rolls, it works.

*blinks* *thinks about it for a second*

Tell it to the Paladins.

(Although admittedly that depends on what you mean by "fuels", but the concept of a Good war to stop Evil is an accepted thing in D&D)

*blinks* *thinks about it for a second*

Tell it to the Paladins.

(Although admittedly that depends on what you mean by "fuels", but the concept of a Good war to stop Evil is an accepted thing in D&D)
    Sure, not EVERYONE in a War is Evil. But in every War, Evil acts are carried out.

And you're transfigured, from the crude level of the body, down to the your very innermost essence, to become perfect in form and feature, but also in mind, in intellect and in eye.

"Welcome Lord French Gemini, god of Light."

You get waved in.
    Neat. I won't even need to get Lasik now, even though I could probably do it myself, as the god of Light.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to go practice my godly creed before things get too exciting around here

I am Vengeance. I am the Light. I. Am. Lord FrenchGemini... It is a bit of a mouthful.

If anyone tries to guilt you for being bad, just remind them: you're only playing your part in the Grand Scheme.

You're the Tester, presenting the temptation of corruption, but it's they, the mortals, who do the choosing.

And if they fall, then the bill must be paid (quack, quack)!

No ducking out on the Duck Bill.

And if they fall, then the bill must be paid (quack, quack)!

No ducking out on the Duck Bill.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Absolutely correct.

Furthermore, I am a god and my titles will be respected as such. The sea is a cruel mistress and those who disrespect my rank will find my wrath to be similarly unpleasant.

*Dramatic waves crash behind the ocean god*
    My trickster sense is tingling.......I shall refer to you as "mon capitaine" from now on.

*snaps finger and vanishes in a special effect light*

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    My trickster sense is tingling.......I shall refer to you as "mon capitaine" from now on.

*snaps finger and vanishes in a special effect light*
    Yes, you're going to be no end of busy in this Pantheon.

Pah. Trickery is just Evil that doesn’t have the requisite sense of commitment to actually mean to cause misery. It’s so half-hearted.