Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Just a head's up, everyone, buuuuut...

One of your kids is destined to overthrow you.
    You're writing so many destinies, you're forgetting which is which.

As god of Beauty I get killed so that Ragnarok can begin.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Well, what can I say? Despite being a strong independent loner who needs no one, I find it difficult to not live up to lofty expectations.

Possibly because I feel that not living up to them would somehow imply an inability on my part, so here I am.

....Now I should prepare to hunt the most dangerous game of all.
    Tic Tac Toe?

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I sired over sixty of them specifically so that they would.

Evil cannot afford the luxury of nonchalance or carelessness lest it become a mere irritant, or worse, an irrelevant sideshow such as that pathetic Lord of Trickery.

Having five dozen potential deicidal progeny running around out there adds quite the frisson to one’s ongoing journey and purpose. It keeps my blade sharp.

And serrated.

And barbed.
    Seems like evil can afford the luxury of shooting himself in the foot.....Say what you will, but I'll still be here when your lamenting how the runt of your litter managed to ruin a perfectly good reign of evil.

Assuming they all survive a few pranks.....can't let your kids off easy.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That's Sky Father's problem.

You don't hear about the God of Death/The Dead having to deal with unruly kids trying to overthrow them. Mostly because being the God of Death/The Dead isn't really a job people are chomping at the bit for. Kind of like worrying about someone trying to take over your funeral parlor.

Even if I get to send the Violator or other horrible creatures to drag the evil to their afterlife.
    Well....Yeah......But people don't usually beat up on the god of Death to take his spot.

But they ALWAYS coming down there to try and challenge you to return dead loved ones.

I choose as my sacred animal : the rooster, Herald of the morning sun, that has come to vanquish the horrible night.

DEITIES AAAAAAAAAND DEMIGODS!

PREPARE ONLY THE MIGHTIEST OF YOUR CHAMPIONS BECAUSE IN TWO MONTHS TIME....

MYTH! MYTH! MYTHOMANIA IS LIVE FROM THE LOST CITY OF MU!

Take heed dear friends, for the first of the two most Corageous Contests in the Cosmos is back and better than ever! Gather only the strongest and most capable of your Champions and prepare for then to face off in valiant battles of strength speed and skill!

The winner of the Main Event will be crowned REGENT OF MU and will serve the Kingdom under your domain! Will veterans of old rake the plunge?! Will heroes of the new take that first valiant step?! Will monstrosities of the deepest depths seek to claim a new dark domain? I DON'T KNOW AND I CAN BARELY WAIT!

Registration.....begins today!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Hit my Champion's theme music!

When your walls are crashing in and hurts you to hide,
    I'm going to take a stand, take what's inside.
    If you've got stuff, well that hurts my Pride.
    I've got to be a MAN I can't let it slide.

Oh I am Real Asgardian!
    Fight for the stuff of Every man.
    I'm a Real Asgardian,
    Fight for what's Right, Fight for Your Life!

I feel strong about Right and Wrong.
    And I don't take Trouble for very long.
    I've got something that keeps me bold.
    Courage is the thing that keeps me in Slaves and Gold!

Oh I am a Real Asgardian,
    Fight for the stuff of Every man.
    I'm a Real Asgardian,
    Fight for what's Right, Fight for Your Life!

(OK, I'll admit I couldn't resist doing Real American as a Viking-style berserker's song.)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

My forge is within a city-sized floating cube of scrith on the Avalas layer of Acheron. The flames are fed by conduits to color pools linked to the Elemental Plane of Fire and the Para-Elemental Plane of Magma. Within the outer shell of the cube are several layers of rooms that shift according to a complex algorithm that I wrote, with each entrance to each room identified by a lengthy sequence of numbers. I can tell by looking at each number whether that room is rigged with a death trap, and also where it fits into the room migration algorithm. Maintenance of the shifting rooms and most of the mundane tasks of the forge are performed by a loyal tribe of duergar. My personal armor is a plate armor made of an alloy of adamantine and mithral. The armor is riddled with concealed devices and tools that I can manifest by manipulating combinations of concealed controls. I also carry a big magic hammer made of red adamantine. My totem animal is the donkey, but mostly for the symbolism, as there are not many to be actually found in my cube.

The mighty Bee shall be my sigil, symbol, and in some cases, unfortunate choice of avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Form a partnership with that accursed duck? I'd rather die.

I'll be an evil physician who heals people until they die from it. Does this make sense? Probably not, but I'm a god, so who cares. And I'll make all medicines in the world taste like Pepto Bismal with extra chalk, just to be a dick.
    ...gonna withhold these nightshades and mushrooms. Wasting the produce of the earth? You're on Agricultural Probation!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Championing that old-fashioned insanity for me.

Fantastic.

For one week, all the water sources in your demesne will be the finest dessert wine.
    There'll be no Concord here, sir!

...unless we can come to some understanding, split the devotee base. Maybe then I can give you the hookup for continental grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The mighty Bee shall be my sigil, symbol, and in some cases, unfortunate choice of avatar.
    Bee_Hugs.jpg-large.jpg

Bees-Bee_Plant-Flowers.jpg

Bees-vs-Wasps.jpg

The divine stewards, keepers of the hive can be sweet as their honey:

...but I am a Lord of Agriculture, and whether roots or flowers...it's survival of the fittest.

Delightfully maddening, bees.

Hired.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Query: Do Guns and Traps fall under the hunting designation?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Tic Tac Toe?
    Pfft.

Settlers of Catan.

I hear that bad boy ends friendships. I have it waiting..lurking...sealed.. in my game library for the day I want to tell someone to get fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Query: Do Guns and Traps fall under the hunting designation?
    Traps, definitely.

No guns in the new, fantasy-oriented world.