Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Here are the remaining Spheres:

• Love — Beauty, Sex, Courtship, Etiquette, Pleasure;

• Medicine — Healing, Health, Purification, Absolution, Ancestry, Disease, Poisons, Potions;

• Strength — Wrestling, Stamina, Durability, Mountains, Athletics;

• Wealth — Business, Economics, Trading, Homes, Luck, Fortune;
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I'll take strength. Mythomania's gonna be huge this year! Way bigger than Avalanche in Avalon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I would have gone for either magic or travel, but I'll take Wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hm, we become gods, huh? Guess I'll take Medicine and craft the perfect poisons for assassinations.
    Looks like dude is stuck with being our Love God.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What are the limitations of magic here? I was thinking it was along the lines of Hecate, or is it more ambiguous. I chose magic since it is all encompassing in its variety.
    Well it's D&D Magic, so there's also rules about you probably can't/shouldn't mess with other clerics' magic as that starts weird divine conflicts. But You probably have a majority of the Arcane worshipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Is this thread going anywhere, per chance? Is this a set up to an RPG?
    I certainly HOPE so! If not on it's one we could still make it one I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Eh death, dead, same difference.

Besides, seems here we're lumping death and dead together. I'll just have minions to gather souls for me. If you're good, you get to be guided to the afterlife by something comforting (kindly old grandma, Baymax from Big Hero 6, a puppy, etc.). If you're not, you get something terrible (a skeletal monster, a demonic clown, Violator from Spawn in his true form, etc.) to drag you to the afterlife.
    Well it's D&D, so they may have to go to the respective planes of their alignment to be judged and given an appropriate afterlife. And that's before Gods want to actually get involved with specific super-heroic souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Even for a god of Chaos and Excess, double-dipping is no bueno.
    How do you mean? Even the OP gave the Death purview as also having power over the Underworld and Ghosts/Undead.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Does the D&D connection mean the Skyfather and Earth Mother are effectively Ao and the Lady of Pain?

Also, If we’re using the D&D cosmology, I get like 50% of the Outer Planes. That’s pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does the D&D connection mean the Skyfather and Earth Mother are effectively Ao and the Lady of Pain?

Also, If we’re using the D&D cosmology, I get like 50% of the Outer Planes. That’s pretty sweet.
    I thought it was like a 1/3rd (Neutral gets their share too) and you had to split it with the other Evil Gods, even you were the embodiment of Evil.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Shai, you might wish to document the pantheon by updating the original post. I'm having to do a certain amount of hopping about to keep track.

Nah, basically all ur cheeseburgrz south of Limbo and Mechanus are belong me.

Which, OK, means Mechanus and Limbo aren’t Good or Evil. So I only get 7 out of 16.

Lord Cthulhu can have Limbo. He’s welcome to it.

*shrug* I'll let you and any other Evil Gods that show up work it out. I'm sure you'll find some way to determine who gets to use what.

May I recommend a Blood War? That'll keep the forces of Evil nice and distracted for Good to make huge strides in the mortal realm. :P

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    *shrug* I'll let you and any other Evil Gods that show up work it out. I'm sure you'll find some way to determine who gets to use what.

May I recommend a Blood War? That'll keep the forces of Evil nice and distracted for Good to make huge strides in the mortal realm. :P
    Actually, I’m feeling generous. I’ll let you have Acheron. It is the infinite battlefield, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nah, basically all ur cheeseburgrz south of Limbo and Mechanus are belong me.

Which, OK, means Mechanus and Limbo aren’t Good or Evil. So I only get 7 out of 16.

Lord Cthulhu can have Limbo. He’s welcome to it.
    Is there a Domain of Booze? I'd like one of thems.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Is there a Domain of Booze? I'd like one of thems.
    .....I mean.....flood a place with enough booze and any domain is a booze domain ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I'll take strength. Mythomania's gonna be huge this year! Way bigger than Avalanche in Avalon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I would have gone for either magic or travel, but I'll take Wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hm, we become gods, huh? Guess I'll take Medicine and craft the perfect poisons for assassinations.
    Sky Father welcomes you all.

Lord KingofPie, your body becomes a physical perfection, not merely in strength, stamina and durability, but in all the qualities needed to excel in athletic events of all sorts, making you the Olympics master of the gods. What olympic gold medalists are to ordinary humans, you are to the average god, in terms of strength, dexterity and constitution. You get to be King of Mountains too, which is not only literal, but speaks to your durability as well.

Lady Kirika, you are now goddess of wealth and money in all its forms, as well as business and commerce itself. You're also goddess of luck and the wheel of fortune, so gamblers and traders both pray to you, as does any mortal engaged in commerce. Add in being the goddess of home and heath and everything domestic in that sense, so homemakers pray to you, as well as newly married people starting their own household for the first time.

Lord Sub-Zero MKA, as Lord of Medicine, your sphere also includes purity and absolution, both of body and spirit. As god of potions, you're a master of alchemy, sort of what Severus Snape would be if he had a thousand years of study and knew every potion on his world. As to poisons and disease, you're free to use them harmfully, but really, it's more a matter of healing them. (His Duckness of Darkness is Master of Assassins... although a partnership between the two of you would be extremely unexpected.) I suppose you could be an evil physician if you chose; it's not like they don't exist (makes me think of the Hannibal TV show).

Finally, Lord Shai-Hulud becomes god of Love, Beauty, Sex, Pleasure, Courtship and Etiquette. Well, it's not as if I won't have fun. I'll try not to start Trojan Wars that end up both pitting the entire Pantheon against itself for a decade and pointlessly killing off the best mortal heroes like flies. And destroying entire high civilizations, like Troy itself. No, I won't do that. Really, I'll be good, I promise....
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-20-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Our Pantheon is complete:

• Agriculture — Lord Grampagen
    • Art — Lord Nschornhorst
    • Death — Lord The Dog
    • Dragons — Lord Stigmazilla

• Evil — Lord Beadle
    • Fate — Lord Yun Lao
    • Forge — Lord Shellhead
    • Hunting — Lord Miburo

• Light — Lord FrenchGemini
    • Love — Lord Shai-Hulud
    • Magic — Lord Steel Inquisitor
    • Medicine — Lord Sub-Zero MKA

• Seas — Captain Nik Hasta
    • Strength — Lord KingofPie
    • Travel — Lord Doctor Will Hatch
    • Trickster — Lord Mister Sandman

• War — Lord MunchKING
    • Wealth — Lady Kirika
    • Wine — Lord Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
    • Wisdom — Lady Tami

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Put the completed list in the OP plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Shai, you might wish to document the pantheon by updating the original post. I'm having to do a certain amount of hopping about to keep track.
    I was busy spreading true love throughout the mortal world.

I think this calls for a classic piece of Grampagen group art.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Put the completed list in the OP plz.
    Done.

Still spreading the love....