Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Aren't sacred animals usually, just...animals that people worship and revere?

Legendary creatures associated with gods are usually just that, legends.

It'd be pretty hard to worship Unicorns or Krakens, since no one ever sees them. I'm thinking more like cats, dogs, cows, snakes, etc.

Legendary creatures would be more like heralds of destruction or some such.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Aren't sacred animals usually, just...animals that people worship and revere?

Legendary creatures associated with gods are usually just that, legends.

It'd be pretty hard to worship Unicorns or Krakens, since no one ever sees them. I'm thinking more like cats, dogs, cows, snakes, etc.

Legendary creatures would be more like heralds of destruction or some such.
    My Kraken, as noted in my post, emphatically is a herald of destruction. ^_^

Ocean gods have a pedigree of wrath, gotta make the mortals fearful of the great depths.

Otherwise, I have too much life in my domain to limit my sacred blessing to a single animal.

If I have to pick a whatever, can I choose The Old Tart Toter?

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If I have to pick a whatever, can I choose The Old Tart Toter?
    As I'm now officially a member of the Pantheon, I don't have the authority to rule on this. Nor the wisdom. That would be Sky Father's province, possibly with Lady Tami's advice.

Besides, I'm not wasting any time. I'm down on the material plane arranging marriages between the royal families of different kingdoms, guaranteeing a new age of peace, love and understanding.

Everybody get down and boogie!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Actually, I’m feeling generous. I’ll let you have Acheron. It is the infinite battlefield, after all.
    Hey I'm claiming LG so I can sponsor Paladins. I'll carve out my home-plane off of Mt. Celestia or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Lord Sub-Zero MKA, as Lord of Medicine, your sphere also includes purity and absolution, both of body and spirit. I suppose you could be an evil physician if you chose; it's not like they don't exist (makes me think of the Hannibal TV show).
    I was thinking of Yawgmoth, or maybe Liliana.

Finally, Lord Shai-Hulud becomes god of Love, Beauty, Sex, Pleasure, Courtship and Etiquette. Well, it's not as if I won't have fun. I'll try not to start Trojan Wars that end up both pitting the entire Pantheon against itself for a decade and pointlessly killing off the best mortal heroes like flies. And destroying entire high civilizations, like Troy itself. No, I won't do that. Really, I'll be good, I promise....
    Awwwe… Your not? Now I'll have to find my OWN reasons to start some stupid Wars.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Awwwe… Your not? Now I'll have to find my OWN reasons to start some stupid Wars.
    You're free to play it as you choose.

You can emphasize martial training, honor, excellence and discipline. Or you can descend into an orgy of bloodletting and promotion of mass death.

Sky Father may have a say in such things, but that's not my province.

Similarly, the Lord of Medicine can be either a Divine Leonard Bones McCoy or a Hannibal Lecter raised to the power of an Archdevil.

All across the multiverse, beings scrawl the following:

StickPonyOC.jpg

They shed a tear in wonder, unsure of what this means.

The most sacred of books, the Tamipedia. A tome only the most worthy may glance through. One that promises to provide the reader with knowledge beyond any known to mortal men and women. However, this knowledge does not come easily.

Last edited by Tami; 02-20-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Lord Sub-Zero MKA, as Lord of Medicine, your sphere also includes purity and absolution, both of body and spirit. As god of potions, you're a master of alchemy, sort of what Severus Snape would be if he had a thousand years of study and knew every potion on his world. As to poisons and disease, you're free to use them harmfully, but really, it's more a matter of healing them. (His Duckness of Darkness is Master of Assassins... although a partnership between the two of you would be extremely unexpected.) I suppose you could be an evil physician if you chose; it's not like they don't exist (makes me think of the Hannibal TV show).
    Form a partnership with that accursed duck? I'd rather die.

I'll be an evil physician who heals people until they die from it. Does this make sense? Probably not, but I'm a god, so who cares. And I'll make all medicines in the world taste like Pepto Bismal with extra chalk, just to be a dick.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Form a partnership with that accursed duck? I'd rather die.

I'll be an evil physician who heals people until they die from it. Does this make sense? Probably not, but I'm a god, so who cares. And I'll make all medicines in the world taste like Pepto Bismal with extra chalk, just to be a dick.
    Championing that old-fashioned insanity for me.

Fantastic.

For one week, all the water sources in your demesne will be the finest dessert wine.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Just a head's up, everyone, buuuuut...

One of your kids is destined to overthrow you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

Good. Means I'll eventually have one.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

And there we are!
    Well, what can I say? Despite being a strong independent loner who needs no one, I find it difficult to not live up to lofty expectations.

Possibly because I feel that not living up to them would somehow imply an inability on my part, so here I am.

....Now I should prepare to hunt the most dangerous game of all.

I sired over sixty of them specifically so that they would.

Evil cannot afford the luxury of nonchalance or carelessness lest it become a mere irritant, or worse, an irrelevant sideshow such as that pathetic Lord of Trickery.

Having five dozen potential deicidal progeny running around out there adds quite the frisson to one’s ongoing journey and purpose. It keeps my blade sharp.

And serrated.

And barbed.

That's Sky Father's problem.

You don't hear about the God of Death/The Dead having to deal with unruly kids trying to overthrow them. Mostly because being the God of Death/The Dead isn't really a job people are chomping at the bit for. Kind of like worrying about someone trying to take over your funeral parlor.

Even if I get to send the Violator or other horrible creatures to drag the evil to their afterlife.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis