Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'll be the god of magic.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Three wishes, yay!

...thanks, Arby.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Three wishes, yay!

...thanks, Arby.
    And that's how you know he was Wisdom, he was wise enough to get out while he could.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    And that's how you know he was Wisdom, he was wise enough to get out while he could.
    And thank you too, Munchie!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Wisdom for me then.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-18-2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Dragons is pretty attractive. I'd take it if Tomzilla doesn't want it.
    When you're transported to heaven, you notice Sky Father and Earth Mother are very small, like tiny toy soldiers looking up at you. You remind yourself to be careful where you step, then realize you have no feet, just a long serpentine form.

"There's a reason we're all shapeshifters," says Sky Father.

Once you shrink down to a human form he says, "Welcome to heaven, Great Serpent, Lord Stigmazilla, the Primeval Dragon."

You get waved in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'll be the god of magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Wisdom for me then.
    Flashes of light, transportation. Bodies, minds, hearts and souls are transfigured, the very essence forged into a new and higher substance.

Sky Father and Earth Mother are there.

"Welcome Lord Steel Inquisitor, god of Magic. Welcome Lady Tami, goddess of Wisdom."

They wave you both in.

Our Pantheon so far:

• Art — Lord Nschornhorst
    • Dragons — Lord Stigmazilla
    • Evil — Lord Beadle
    • Magic — Lord Steel Inquisitor
    • Travel — Lord Doctor Will Hatch

• Trickster — Lord Mister Sandman
    • War — Lord MunchKING
    • Wine — Lord Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
    • Wisdom — Lady Tami
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-18-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Three wishes, yay!

...thanks, Arby.
    One of the Plot Gods materializes a standard issue Ring of Three Wishes and prepares to bestow it upon you when another raises his hand.

"Hold a moment," that one says. "Mister Sharpandpointies, did you overlook this clause of the cosmic agreement?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    As you’re now a deity, you can bring a small retinue with you to heaven, a handful of mortal friends and family (even if they’re deceased; that’s not a problem for the Plot Gods). They become immortal cupbearers in your service, but not gods themselves.

Athena was always my favorite of the Greek Gods and Goddesses.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    One of the Plot Gods materializes a standard issue Ring of Three Wishes and prepares to bestow it upon you when another raises his hand.

"Hold a moment," that one says. "Mister Sharpandpointies, did you overlook this clause of the cosmic agreement?"
    "Appreciated, but...here's the thing." Consideration follows. "With three wishes, I can make myself into an immortal, my wife into an immortal, and still have one wish left. Properly worded, that wish can get me pretty much anything we need." A wave of the hand follows. "I know, I could get the same thing and be a god. Thing is, I'm not god material. That's a bucketload of responsibility over...a lot. And I don't feel I have the right to have that kind of responsibility over others, or over some kind of concept. I'm just...me. All of that's too big for me, and either I'd screw it up or spend my immortality worrying I'd screw it up. And seeing as there would be people's lives in the balance, or 'fate of the universe', or somesuch? Yeesh."

"And if making me into a god makes into something that can handle that kind of thing with aplomb, and not feel guilt or tension over that kind of consequences...I'm not 'me' anymore."

"I don't want to be a god, I don't want to have responsibility over others or grand things, I don't want any of that. Especially not in a fantasy world where, no doubt, there will be wars between these gods, and people -- lots of people -- die in these wars. Like pawns or something. I know, I know; people kill people in this world; thing is, that's not my responsibility, nor am I the cause or party to such things. I guess we could argue about that for a while, but...."

"It boils down to I don't want any of that. I just want to be me."

"So, again -- it's hugely appreciated, this honor you're offering, but I'm afraid I'll need to decline."
    Why are we here?

"Appreciated, but...here's the thing." Consideration follows. "With three wishes, I can make myself into an immortal, my wife into an immortal, and still have one wish left. Properly worded, that wish can get me pretty much anything we need." A wave of the hand follows. "I know, I could get the same thing and be a god. Thing is, I'm not god material. That's a bucketload of responsibility over...a lot. And I don't feel I have the right to have that kind of responsibility over others, or over some kind of concept. I'm just...me. All of that's too big for me, and either I'd screw it up or spend my immortality worrying I'd screw it up. And seeing as there would be people's lives in the balance, or 'fate of the universe', or somesuch? Yeesh."

"And if making me into a god makes into something that can handle that kind of thing with aplomb, and not feel guilt or tension over that kind of consequences...I'm not 'me' anymore."

"I don't want to be a god, I don't want to have responsibility over others or grand things, I don't want any of that. Especially not in a fantasy world where, no doubt, there will be wars between these gods, and people -- lots of people -- die in these wars. Like pawns or something. I know, I know; people kill people in this world; thing is, that's not my responsibility, nor am I the cause or party to such things. I guess we could argue about that for a while, but...."

"It boils down to I don't want any of that. I just want to be me."

"So, again -- it's hugely appreciated, this honor you're offering, but I'm afraid I'll need to decline."
    The Plot Gods hand you your Ring of Three Wishes.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 7.16.38 PM.jpg

"You won't be able to get immortality out of this artifact," one of them says, "but you should nevertheless find its uses sufficient to your needs, which appear modest enough."

They vanish, leaving behind only wisps of smoke and the ring.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 11.56.42 AM.jpg

(If too small, click on this.)
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-18-2020 at 11:02 AM.

"Appreciated, but...here's the thing." Consideration follows. "With three wishes, I can make myself into an immortal, my wife into an immortal, and still have one wish left.
    Out of curiosity, couldn't you wish for you and your wife to be immortal with a single wish if immortality was actually allowed?

I'll take the Light domain please, Reason, Order and Justice sound appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    I'll take the Light domain please, Reason, Order and Justice sound appealing to me.
    And you're transfigured, from the crude level of the body, down to the your very innermost essence, to become perfect in form and feature, but also in mind, in intellect and in eye.

"Welcome Lord French Gemini, god of Light."

You get waved in.

Our Pantheon so far:

• Art — Lord Nschornhorst
    • Dragons — Lord Stigmazilla
    • Evil — Lord Beadle
    • Light — Lord FrenchGemini

• Magic — Lord Steel Inquisitor
    • Travel — Lord Doctor Will Hatch
    • Trickster — Lord Mister Sandman
    • War — Lord MunchKING

• Wine — Lord Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
    • Wisdom — Lady Tami
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-18-2020 at 01:54 PM.

The Pantheon is half complete, with ten godly Spheres of Influence left open:

• Agriculture — Food, Banquets, Harvests, Famine, Honeybees, Animal Domestication;
    • Death — Underworld, Ghosts, Omens;
    • Fate — Weaving, Spiders, Venom, Destiny;
    • Forge — Artificing, Metallurgy, Weaponsmithing, Fire, Volcanoes;

• Hunting — Archery, Horses, Forests, Wilderness;
    • Love — Beauty, Sex, Courtship, Etiquette, Pleasure;
    • Medicine — Healing, Health, Purification, Absolution, Ancestry, Disease, Poisons, Potions;
    • Seas — Ships, Sailors, Sleep, Dreams, Water, Weather, Tides, Oceans, Rivers, Lakes;

• Strength — Wrestling, Stamina, Durability, Mountains, Athletics;
    • Wealth — Business, Economics, Trading, Homes, Luck, Fortune;

First come, first serve.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-18-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Funnily, I seem to remember this exact thread being done a few years ago, minus the D&D stipulations.