Default Spider-Man Adventures

I recently picked up the first 15 issues of this series and I am enjoying it way more than I thought I would!

This series is based on the 1994 cartoon show, this show will always hold a special place for me as this is what really got me into Spider-Man as a kid. Issues 1-4 especially, were more freely adapted from the show and the art was fantastic. Around issue 5 was when they decided to make it more like the TV show (art & plot).

Did anyone read this series? I would love to discuss it more!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

They actually started releasing new trades of this series fairly recently so I've been checking them out as I get ahold of them. Read the first two so far.

I'm not as familiar with the 90s series, so I don't have as strong of a connection to this series, but I do think it was a pretty decent all-ages Spidey book, with some great art that matched the cartoon's art style very well. In terms of the all-ages books, my go-to personally will always be the Marvel Adventures one (most specifically the run from 2009-2011).

I've a couple of issues from this series. I really liked them as a kid, but nowadays I don't feel an appeal to them, so I haven't checked them out in years. I would give them to my little sister but I don't know if she would read them though she loves the Raimi movies, and The Spectacular Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons. I remember that there were stories that adapted episodes from the tv series but also stories that were original from the comicbook and they were definitely enjoyable stories. I enjoy more when this type of product aren't straight adaptations from episodes but original stories, like the Batman TAS comic did
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Marvel should contract John Semper and do it. DC already brought back Batman TAS as comics.

Spectacular Spider-Man could won a comic book too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Marvel should contract John Semper and do it. DC already brought back Batman TAS as comics.

Spectacular Spider-Man could won a comic book too.
    I agree. These animated universes are worth a re-visit. I mean all of us who read comic books understand alternate continuities/universes (kids do too...but producers don't think they do). Marvel had an X-Men 92 a while back, was that any good? Perhaps a Spider-Man '94 would be nice to revisit some unresolved threads that the show left open. Also, with it being a comic, it would get around the ridiculous censorship that was going on at the time.

Also I'm totally up for Spectacular, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Wolverine and the X-Men to get some action after their cancellations due to the Disney buyout. I'd say just have a limited run (with the show producers on board, as these are TOO easy to screw up), see how they do, and go from there. I know I would certainly be a buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I agree. These animated universes are worth a re-visit. I mean all of us who read comic books understand alternate continuities/universes (kids do too...but producers don't think they do). Marvel had an X-Men 92 a while back, was that any good? Perhaps a Spider-Man '94 would be nice to revisit some unresolved threads that the show left open. Also, with it being a comic, it would get around the ridiculous censorship that was going on at the time.

Also I'm totally up for Spectacular, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Wolverine and the X-Men to get some action after their cancellations due to the Disney buyout. I'd say just have a limited run (with the show producers on board, as these are TOO easy to screw up), see how they do, and go from there. I know I would certainly be a buyer.
    Yeah, a Spectacular Spider-Man comic would be a no-brainer. The only problem I think is a rights issue, since Sony still owns complete rights of the series, so they would have to make some deal with them in order to actually do it. It's also why Spec. Spidey (as well as Maguire & Garfield Spideys) didn't show up in Spider-Verse.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes though (as well as Wolverine), Disney completely owns, so they could go ahead and do a continuation for those if they wanted. Spectacular and the 90s series are really the only ones that left some major plot threads dangling that need to be resolved, the rest I could see as being just more stories set in those universes, which is what the X-Men '92 comic did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I've a couple of issues from this series. I really liked them as a kid, but nowadays I don't feel an appeal to them, so I haven't checked them out in years. I would give them to my little sister but I don't know if she would read them though she loves the Raimi movies, and The Spectacular Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons. I remember that there were stories that adapted episodes from the tv series but also stories that were original from the comicbook and they were definitely enjoyable stories. I enjoy more when this type of product aren't straight adaptations from episodes but original stories, like the Batman TAS comic did
    Totally agree, Chubistian.

It made a world of difference once they began doing original content.

Never understood why this wasn't implemented since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post

Me too, Mistah K88. I'd love a Spectacular Spider-Man: The Animated Series comic tie-in.

And don't forget these three comic tie-ins, which I'd love to see continued:

1. Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends

2. X-Men: Evolution

3. Iron Man: Armored Adventures
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-20-2020 at 02:12 PM.