Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It's not the only thing I care about WW, but since the topic was brought up, I thought I'd chime in. And I actually care about all those things, but my preferences have almost always run polar opposite of yours.

Sorry (not sorry) that my preferences seem to offend you so much.
    I mean, you were the one who accused others of not liking of "embracing the mundane" with no proof that was their reason for not liking it. Who is being offended by whose preferences here?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-25-2020 at 09:52 PM.

I mean if Diana or Clarke fight each other should it be a stablemate? I mean Dc seems to every now and then keep having one of the JL fight each other. Than again Clark just needs the sun. Than again Diana can go Godmode

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean if Diana or Clarke fight each other should it be a stablemate? I mean Dc seems to every now and then keep having one of the JL fight each other. Than again Clark just needs the sun. Than again Diana can go Godmode
    I think it should be a stalemate overall if say, they fight 10 times. Clark should win half and Diana should win the other half.

In a fight between Superman and Wonder Woman a lot would depend on the context of the fight.

In a duel to the death, Wonder Woman would win 9 times out of 10 (well, that's comic books for you), simply because she is more lethal and skilled than Superman. Likewise if it's a first blood type of situation.

But if it's more grappling or boxing, I imagine Wonder Woman would have an edge in the beginning due to better skills and reactions, but Superman's sheer durability and strength would make itself felt as time went on.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    In a fight between Superman and Wonder Woman a lot would depend on the context of the fight.

In a duel to the death, Wonder Woman would win 9 times out of 10 (well, that's comic books for you), simply because she is more lethal and skilled than Superman. Likewise if it's a first blood type of situation.

But if it's more grappling or boxing, I imagine Wonder Woman would have an edge in the beginning due to better skills and reactions, but Superman's sheer durability and strength would make itself felt as time went on.
    IDK, Clark does fight lethal opponents that try to kill him all the time and still comes out on top. People like Zod, Faora and Mongul. Diana would definitely have a better chance than most, but I'm not sure it's a guaranteed win either.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In certain comics she does have super hearing and eyesights. Should she have that? I mean I mean a sense one of the goddess is a hunter. You need to have both

I’m curious how fast should she be? Dc doesn’t always be consistent. I mean I don’t mean super speed. I do think Cheetah should be one of the fastest even more so than Superman
    Cheetahs speed is very inconsistent. And it shows she can only Sprint for a while but gets caught quick lol. she could never outrun anybody etc The Flash she would just trick them to escape but dosent work. Shes not even that fast Until zoom trained her in like one comic lol wtf. After that forgotten. I feel like shes a mess but i like her I googled hermes speed & hes much faster than light & blitzed flash alot. So that she be Diana's speed. Ive seen her travel speed feats shes like clark & flash. Really hope patty dosent ignore her speed
    Last edited by Mysterious; 02-21-2020 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Flight, greater strength, greater speed, communication with animals, immunity to fire, enhanced senses.
    Her first unaided flight was way back in the 40s with the space pteradactly story. She did it off and on for decades. The change Post Crisis was consistency which has of course wavered significantly since Flashpoint.

I would argue that the only strength feat she (as well as Supes) has since Crisis that comes close to their PreCrisis bits is the Spectre lift they performed jointly. PreCris WoWo casually moved the sun; PreCrisis Supes casually juggled planets. Post 52 they are weaker still.

Wonder Woman bas been thinking and moving faster than light tor decades prior to Crisis so that isn't new. If anything her reflexes, speed and stamina are greatly reduced especially post Flashpoint.

Senses is debatable thanks in large part to concepts introduced by Rucka with the Designed by Gods theme. But she was able to hear and see and feel at superhuman levels and could deflect heat vision back ehen it was invisible to the naked eye.

I cave on the animals as I can only remember Lynda Carter exhibiting that one. But she exhibited a lot more than these previously including for example super breath.