Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    ...but wise ethical compass...
    The only ethical compass Logan has any business being is as an example of what NOT to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The only ethical compass Logan has any business being is as an example of what NOT to do.
    And yet he is *consistently* paired with a protege.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don't need the MCU Wolverine to be leading-man-attractive. Hugh Jackman worked so well because they banked on the love triangle and him as the audience surrogate in an action movie. I kinda want him in the Xavier role this time around, serving as the weary but wise ethical compass rather than the traumatized living weapon with emotional needs. I know we've been spoiled with three Chrises, Sebastian Stan, Boseman, Rudd, Mackie etc, but it wouldn't bother me one bit to pull a ringer from WWE rather than the CW.
    I’m all for him being rugged and rough looking. Not pretty or even conventionally handsome.

I think the X-Men should be college aged, and Professor X should be like 40/45, tops, but that guy is definitely very Patrick Stewart-like. I'd like a not-British Xavier though. Like, yes, he went to Oxford, but he is supposed to be American.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think the X-Men should be college aged, and Professor X should be like 40/45, tops, but that guy is definitely very Patrick Stewart-like. I'd like a not-British Xavier though. Like, yes, he went to Oxford, but he is supposed to be American.
    Lance Reddick as Charles Xavier

Fantastic Member

Lt Daniels! That's a great choice.

BANNED

Yes to black and brown Xavier and Magneto plz.

I don't want Wolverine in any kind of leading figure, cant he just be the lonely dark horse of the team like the old comics?

Y'all are really making me feel like we do need a black Charles Xavier. I'm more of a purist, I would rather just use the existing ethnic characters more, not change characters around. I mean, it's fine if Xavier is white, just let Ororo step up as the central visionary leader sooner than later. Maybe just find some actual German Romani guy to be Magneto and make him a Romani-Jew.

Magneto's casting is probably gonna depend a bit on whether they're gonna make him Wanda's father or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Magneto's casting is probably gonna depend a bit on whether they're gonna make him Wanda's father or not...
    I am still mad Whedon killed Quicksilver. Wanda better bring his sexy ass back on Disney+.

BANNED

Whether or not he's Wanda's father should have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Whether or not he's Wanda's father should have nothing to do with it.
    Well, if they plan on making him Wanda's father they're not gonna be able to cast a black or asian guy, for example.

BANNED

Well, if they plan on making him Wanda's father they're not gonna be able to cast a black or asian guy, for example.
    They shouldn't if they make him a German Jew who survived the Holocaust AS HE SHOULD BE (not saying there were NO black or Asian Jews in Germany in the 1930s and 40s, but it's probably even MORE unlikely than for the privileged son of a wealthy 19th Century Canadian aristocratic land owner).

Jesus no. Can we PLEASE have a thread that discusses casting without 10-15 pages of Magneto? No one wants any more Magneto after Fassbender and McKellan.

I'd love to go a few movies without Xavier, but I'd be supercool with a shaved-head Amr Waked in old-man makeup.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 02-21-2020 at 01:57 PM.