Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Doja Cat as Dazzler

A buffed up Clint Eastwood during his Good Bad Ugly/western days would have been a perfect Wolverine.

62B403C4-3E1E-4F5C-88BD-5864BF88FBA4.jpg

TARMA age 25

Karma // Lana Condor
    Tempo // Samantha Marie Ware

Ben Browder's looking a lot like Victor Creed these days. Just sayin'.

Diana Silvers would make a great Kitty Pryde.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

Summer Bishil for Karima Shapandar.

142589-82660-omega-sentinel.jpg

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh god yes, Summer Bishil as ANYONE please. Her Margo snark, sexiness and charm would make for a perfect Emma Frost even if she's not quite a match looks-wise.

Bishil is my Big Barda fancast.

Not gonna lie, I don’t hate the Henry Cavill as Wolverine rumor. I know it’s probably b.s., but after watching The Witcher it’s grown on me. I always thought he was too dark for Superman anyway. He’d made a better Logan. Has the build, the intensity, the hairy chest. Some of the fan art out there looks damn good too...

8565DEC9-BEBF-4A4D-88AE-D67458A220BD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Not gonna lie, I don’t hate the Henry Cavill as Wolverine rumor. I know it’s probably b.s., but after watching The Witcher it’s grown on me. I always thought he was too dark for Superman anyway. He’d made a better Logan. Has the build, the intensity, the hairy chest. Some of the fan art out there looks damn good too...

8565DEC9-BEBF-4A4D-88AE-D67458A220BD.jpg
    He’s way too good looking and tall to play Logan. I would hate if they casted him.

He’s shorter than Hugh Jackman. They list him as 6’1” but I actually saw him at a hotel in London. I’m 6’1” and I was quite a bit taller than him. I’d say he’s more like 5’10” or 11” tops in real life. And with camera angles, hunching, etc., they can make him appear shorter than the other characters he interacts with. That’s easy. Just look at how they made everyone around Tom Hardy look short when he played Bane in The Dark Knight. In real life he’s like 5’7”.

And I think we’re way past the “Wolverine as an ugly runt” days with the character. He’s slept with half the women in the Marvel U. I don’t think he’s an ugly guy. That might’ve been Claremont’s original vision of him (certainly wasn’t Len Wein’s, who viewed him as a teenager), but the character has evolved beyond that. My $.02, but I don’t think ya’ll are going to get some ugly Bob Hoskins looking actor for the role, nor are you going to get some little weakling like Daniel Radcliffe or Jon Snow.

Henry is indeed too tall for an ideal Logan. We need someone who has the bodytype like Jeff Nippard.

This guy is only 5'5", and built like a ton of bricks. Obviously he's a bodybuilder, not an actor, and a bit too young(though he is actually Canadian), but that's the kinda frame we should be going for.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-02-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That dude would work. If he can act. I’m just saying, I don’t get hung up on the height thing. Tom Hardy is like 5’7” and he played Bane, who is 6’8” in the comics. They used camera angles and probably lifts to make him appear much bigger than everyone around him. Wouldn’t be hard for an actor who is 5’10” or 5’11” to hunch and for them to use angles to make him appear shorter. Especially when he gets into a face to face confrontation with someone. Very easy to make him appear shorter. But he’s got to be stocky, which Cavill is. He’s quite swole.

Camera tricks are a thing, sure, but you can't beat reality. If you actually cast a short guy for Logan, and you actually cast tall people for Scott and Ororo, for example, when you need to have all three of them onscreen in an action scene occupying the full screen, you won't fall into problems. I'll never forget that shot of the X-Men going through the metal detector in X1, and as they all pass through the same metal detector, you can see how short Ororo and Scott are compared to Logan, who is the tallest of everyone(with Jean also being taller than Scott and Ororo). It's a problem you can fix right at the start with proper casting, that won't require expensive CGI or extensive planning with trickshots (like they used to great effect in the original LOTR trilogy). Being short is part of his character, one that also psychologically plays into how he operates(he's sick of people assuming he's not a threat by how short he is, so he overcompensates with his savagery, for example).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

He has the body but he’s too young and pretty imo. The ideal Wolverine in my mind is short, hirsute, rugged, and no younger than 35. But I’m not sure that actor exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    He has the body but he’s too young and pretty imo. The ideal Wolverine in my mind is short, hirsute, rugged, and no younger than 35. But I’m not sure that actor exists.

I was on the Scott Caan train for a minute, but now I feel like he's going to age out before they use him up.

He's 5'5", for those wondering.