Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Because it never ends well?
    One time. Well everyone in the end got their marriage erased in new 52, so it didnt end well for everyone. But thats the nature of comics, things are made bad and they restart and restored again. But hopefully, this time around and in future, something that extreme will not happen again.

They have had Ollie cheat on Dinah too many times now. Unless that remains scrubbed from their history, marrying them again makes Dinah look like a doormat, which is the exact opposite of who that character is supposed to be.
    I get that, mistakes were made, comics are such an endless medium that bad things are gonna happen a lot. I think DC has been using Rebirth to make things right. The new 52 to Rebirth Oliver/Dinah dont have that cheating history. Definitely think it should remain scrubbed from history, its not good for Oliver too, it assasinate his character too. I dont and never took it seriously as its an element introduced by bad writers to create drama, when they run out of ideas.

Anyway we were talking about characters who have become writers in the other thread https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rs-are-writers, and Oliver Queen/Green Arrow was mentioned. Would anyone like to see Oliver become a newspaper columnist again?? DC doesnt seem to know what do with him these days, he has always been a political character, so why is DC not taking advantage of that. Green Arrow was a social justice warrior, before it was even a thing and cool.

I would like to see Green Arrow tackle issues like climate change, overpopulation, class inequality and other social/political hot button issues/themes. Obviously I dont want him to become an insufferable preaching character but it can be done well and subtly.

And I like Black Canary as a Florist Business woman, not that I hate the rockstar route, I like that too. But not sure its will be compatible long term with being a Superhero. Both jobs are gruelling, being in a band with rehearsals, travelling and all. But hey this is comics, there seem not want to tackle real life considerations and implications.
    Last edited by HunterX; 02-20-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Been a while since I've seen you on here, Bored. Welcome back!

So far it's not been dealt with so I'm of the mind it's been retconned. It always feels forced when Ollie cheats on a Dinah so I'd be more than happy to let that go. They work better together than apart to begin with.
    Agreed. Despite the "Everything happened!" mantra, there should always be the caveat of "except for the really bad ones"

Astonishing Member

And I like Black Canary as a Florist Business woman, not that I hate the rockstar route, I like that too. But not sure its will be compatible long term with being a Superhero. Both jobs are gruelling, being in a band with rehearsals, travelling and all. But hey this is comics, there seem not want to tackle real life considerations and implications.
    Agreed. Black Canary being a florist was believable that she could be missing from her job for long periods of time.

But the band part lends itself to more stories too. Give her a believable reason to be traveling to whatever town to face whatever villain happens to be there.

I love them as a couple, but I don't want them married. I'd prefer that they each can go their separate ways once in awhile just for storytelling's sake. Or they can get secretly married, but I'd be wary of writers taking them down a familiar road of marriage cliches.

If "everything counted" in 5G, there's a good likelihood the marriage is back in play.

But since there's also an acknowledgement of time passing, maybe they're subsequently divorced as well.

I'd love to see their Kingdom Come daughter as the young Black Canary, and Connor Hawke as the 5G Green Arrow.
    But I'd also like to see Ollie and Dinah still active as well.

I also want to know if the Golden Age Black Canary is back in play, and was a JSA member. I'm guessing yes, which doesn't contradict too much with the current Dinah (who was raised in foster homes, but little has been made of that). If the GA Canary is Dinah's mother, it begs the question of how old she was when she gave birth.
    But a dynasty of Canaries would be fun.

As for Ollie, so little has been done with him since he left the JLA and his book was cancelled. There was all this build up to some upcoming arc for him that never occurred. Storyline was completely dropped and he's been relegated to incidental guest appearances at best. Not even a regular in a team book. I think he deserves better.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Anyway we were talking about characters who have become writers in the other thread https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rs-are-writers, and Oliver Queen/Green Arrow was mentioned. Would anyone like to see Oliver become a newspaper columnist again?? DC doesnt seem to know what do with him these days, he has always been a political character, so why is DC not taking advantage of that. Green Arrow was a social justice warrior, before it was even a thing and cool.

I would like to see Green Arrow tackle issues like climate change, overpopulation, class inequality and other social/political hot button issues/themes. Obviously I dont want him to become an insufferable preaching character but it can be done well and subtly.

I liked Winick's take with Ollie as a politician. I thought he handled it well.
    That said, I think Ollie as a social worker would be a very good fit for the character. Helping the little guy, the homeless kids, the abused wives either through legal channels or other when the system fails.
    He and Dinah are a couple. Married or not, I don't care. So long as we NEVER see the Ollie cheating arsehole ever again. It's been done to death.
    Connor needs to return. He's a great character in his own right.
    Throw in the return of Roy as a big brother/mentor to Connor (and single father to a happy HEALTHY Lian)

There's comic book crack for me.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I also want to know if the Golden Age Black Canary is back in play, and was a JSA member. I'm guessing yes, which doesn't contradict too much with the current Dinah (who was raised in foster homes, but little has been made of that). If the GA Canary is Dinah's mother, it begs the question of how old she was when she gave birth.
    But a dynasty of Canaries would be fun.
    I dont know, seems like its a problem tying her mother to JSA/WW11 era. As more years go by, it seem to age her mother and Dinah too. Dont know what DC gonna do about that..

I liked Winick's take with Ollie as a politician. I thought he handled it well.
    That said, I think Ollie as a social worker would be a very good fit for the character. Helping the little guy, the homeless kids, the abused wives either through legal channels or other when the system fails.
    Yeah thats a cool direction for him, would like to see more involvement in community stuff. Like this recent story in DC Valentines' anthology: Crimes of Passion

https://screenrant.com/dc-comic-crim...-black-canary/

Last edited by HunterX; 02-23-2020 at 11:49 AM.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-f.../user-reviews/

The Flash 100-Page Giant #2, anyone read it?

GA/BC featured in this. Wish DC would give us one for Green Arrow and his world. Aquaman got one, Batman, Green lantern, Superman etc got 100 page giants. Birds of Prey got one, I think.

Toyfair2020
    Last edited by HunterX; 02-23-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Toyfair2020
    I saw this and absolutely fell in love with it. I don't usually buy statues, but I might save up and make an exception for this. I love Ollie and Dinah so much- this would be totally worth it.

I saw this and absolutely fell in love with it. I don't usually buy statues, but I might save up and make an exception for this. I love Ollie and Dinah so much- this would be totally worth it.
    cool, I want one too, also I wish there was an animated movie/series of this. It would be lit.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...29459972816897

Dceased #2

Hope this comic wont be affected by the current situation, eek

Never thought I would want this, but Dinah looks cool as Green Lantern Canary. One of the best moments in this comic event

Last edited by HunterX; 03-14-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Mighty Member

[IMG]http://media.comicbook.com/2018/01/gohtam-city-garage-green-arrow******black-canary-1076515.jpeg[/IMG]

Whats gonna happen with Green Arrow and Black Canary in 5G?

Will their history and marriage be restored?

Will they have child/children in new continuity?

Will DC restore Green Arrow book or give us Green Arrow/Black Canary book In 2020?

GA/BC updates, pics and talk here...
    They are DC's romantic duo, so I would like to see them back together.

I imagine a new Green Arrow series is somewhat imminent, but I would really like to see Black Canary get her own series again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Been a while since I've seen you on here, Bored. Welcome back!

So far it's not been dealt with so I'm of the mind it's been retconned. It always feels forced when Ollie cheats on a Dinah so I'd be more than happy to let that go. They work better together than apart to begin with.
    Agreed! Let's just move forward with one of DC's premiere couples....hopefully with a new costume for Dinah!

Agreed! Let's just move forward with one of DC's premiere couples....hopefully with a new costume for Dinah!
    Yeah hope we get a book soon, June solicits are out and well nothing.

What do you think her costume should be like? I say pants.

Last edited by HunterX; 03-26-2020 at 04:13 PM.