Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Green Arrow & Black Canary Talk 2020

Whats gonna happen with Green Arrow and Black Canary in 5G?

Will their history and marriage be restored?

Will they have child/children in new continuity?

Will DC restore Green Arrow book or give us Green Arrow/Black Canary book In 2020?

GA/BC updates, pics and talk here...
    Last edited by HunterX; 02-19-2020 at 01:25 AM.

I don't necessarily know if I need them to get married again. I, personally, would much rather prefer them as a "contemporary" couple that is together in the long run without seeing the need in getting married. I love them as a couple but with how things turned out last time I think marriage shouldn't be on any writer's list of things to-do with Dinah and Ollie, unless they plan on depicting it as a stable and healthy marriage that intends to last.

As far as what I would like to see happen? I want Green Arrow and Black Canary on the Justice League together taking on threats together that are not just based in Star City. I want to see them interact more with other heroes and face bigger threats. I would love to have the feeling back that I got when I was reading Meltzer's JLA (just with Dinah and Ollie being on better terms).
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 02-18-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Give birth to Injustice Connor if they're not gonna give us ethnically confused Connor XD

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I don't necessarily know if I need them to get married again. I, personally, would much rather prefer them as a "contemporary" couple that is together in the long run without seeing the need in getting married. I love them as a couple but with how things turned out last time I think marriage shouldn't be on any writer's list of things to-do with Dinah and Ollie, unless they plan on depicting it as a stable and healthy marriage that intends to last.

As far as what I would like to see happen? I want Green Arrow and Black Canary on the Justice League together taking on threats together that are not just based in Star City. I want to see them interact more with other heroes and face bigger threats. I would love to have the feeling back that I got when I was reading Meltzer's JLA (just with Dinah and Ollie being on better terms).
    Agree with all of this.

One of my favorite comic couples .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of my favorite comic couples .
    This.

Unless it blows up the charts and burns Marvel to the ground, I don't see 5G sticking around for more than 5-7 years. I could be wrong, but I feel like they'll have a big event and undo that future. For that reason alone, I'm not really sure they even have a plan for Ollie and Dinah going forward unless it's shock value. I can totally see one of them being dead or maimed in 5G with a One Year Later style "how did this happen, buy this mini" cash grab.

Where do I want them? Together, married or no, but working together. I think it'd be interesting to launch a Black Canary book with Ollie as the supporting cast member. Maybe he scaled back being GA to focus on social reform issues as Oliver Queen, maybe he's raising a kid they had or adopted, but it would be interesting to flip the usual situation of her being in his book.

I would prefer a GA/BC book, but if we had to pick a solo, let Dinah shine and make Ollie her plus one this time around.

Yeah get it, Im good with either, official marriage or a civil partnership as long as they are treated and respected as a Unit.

Dont know if GA/BC will be allowed in main JL book, DC seem to want it as a Team 7 book with the likes of Superman,WW,Batman,Flash.... But I wouldnt mind them in an Justice League International team book or a hard travelling heroes type book. Would like Cosmic and Global trotting stories with them. Just the two of them or with Hal/GL or Roy.

For that reason alone, I'm not really sure they even have a plan for Ollie and Dinah going forward unless it's shock value. I can totally see one of them being dead or maimed in 5G with a One Year Later style "how did this happen, buy this mini" cash grab.
    Definately hope not for that, would be a mistake to me, these two characters are becoming more popular recently. Since appearing in Injustice gods among us, Arrow, Young Justice TV, Birds of Prey movie etc. Would not be good idea to kill that momentum.
    Last edited by HunterX; 02-19-2020 at 01:43 AM.

I think it'd be interesting to launch a Black Canary book with Ollie as the supporting cast member. Maybe he scaled back being GA to focus on social reform issues as Oliver Queen, maybe he's raising a kid they had or adopted, but it would be interesting to flip the usual situation of her being in his book.

I would prefer a GA/BC book, but if we had to pick a solo, let Dinah shine and make Ollie her plus one this time around.
    Would be OK with that too. . Its a shame they dont have even a single book, but Batman has like 10 ongoing at one time. I certainly think there should be a new age Green Arrow/Black Canary comic, this time taken more seriously and with a better writer. If there is two characters that can grow and thrive as a duo its them. Most people on Twitter seem to want Tom Taylor [who wrote them in Injustice and Dceased) and Otto Schmidt (does a lot of GA/BC art on twitter) on it.

Give birth to Injustice Connor if they're not gonna give us ethnically confused Connor XD
    I would like to see Olivia Queen first, canonised in main continuity, she is from Kingdom come but recently showed up in Convergence eveny. Connor Hawke did too, I think he will be back.

I like the injustice kid, although I think he should get new name . I think it would be cool if Black Canary has a son who has a Canary cry and becomes Canary boy.

Last edited by HunterX; 02-19-2020 at 02:38 AM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Whats gonna happen with Green Arrow and Black Canary in 5G?

Will their history and marriage be restored?
    Please no.

For everyone's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Please no.

For everyone's sake.
    you could state your reasons. Why not?

They were been married before by DC, so its not like its new territory. Recent stories like Injustice, have them married. GA/BC are one of DC's classic and top couples, they have been around and been together for a long time. There need to be some kind of evolution to characters, so they can create new stories. With 5G coming there are gonna be older characters.
    Last edited by HunterX; 02-19-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    you could state your reasons. Why not?

They were been married before by DC, so its not like its new territory. Recent stories like Injustice, have them married. GA/BC are one of DC's classic and top couples, they have been around and been together for a long time. There need to be some kind of evolution to characters, so they can create new stories. With 5G coming there are gonna be older characters.
    Because it never ends well?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

They have had Ollie cheat on Dinah too many times now. Unless that remains scrubbed from their history, marrying them again makes Dinah look like a doormat, which is the exact opposite of who that character is supposed to be.

Remember those generations pictures? The GA/GL row was filled with Oliver and Dinah's getting together and beakings. Almost all of the GA content was just that; besidds debuts, like Connor's, Oliver's and both Dinahs'. It listed Oliver dying too (obviosuly). I don't know how much will stay for the final picture, but there's that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    They have had Ollie cheat on Dinah too many times now. Unless that remains scrubbed from their history, marrying them again makes Dinah look like a doormat, which is the exact opposite of who that character is supposed to be.
    Been a while since I've seen you on here, Bored. Welcome back!

So far it's not been dealt with so I'm of the mind it's been retconned. It always feels forced when Ollie cheats on a Dinah so I'd be more than happy to let that go. They work better together than apart to begin with.