My favorite time watching Guiding Light was the early 80s through the early 90s. This was when the show was about the 4 Musketeers (Phillip, Beth, Mindy & Rick) and the show evolved into centering on the Bauer, Spaulding, Lewis, Cooper, and Shayne families. It was so great in those days. Pamela K. Long was the best head writer the show ever had and because of her, the show was able to hold its own airing at the same time as the mighty General Hospital in most areas.

I loved Another World during the late 70s, all through the 80s, and the early 90s that Comic Reader Lad spoke about (although it was hard saying goodbye to Mac Cory, whose portrayer Douglass Watson passed away).

As The World Turns was my show all through the 70s, 80s, and 90s. That last decade it was on was pretty painful, but I watched it anyway. The Hughes, Lowell/Stewart, Walsh, and Snyder families were pure gold.

These three soaps were all Proctor and Gamble soaps and were always family oriented, which made them so good. But P&G wanted out of the soap opera business and by 2010, all three were off the air. So sad.