Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Weeeelllll…. it varies. Presence 9 for instance can be "Presence the whole city". There are various Koldunic sorcery powers with an area of miles. There's abyss mysticsm that lets you blot out the sun for an hour over a considerable area. There's a level 8-9 thaumaturgy ritual that lets you straight up erase things from reality (up to a building) like they never were. Basically with vampires it's more the non physical stuff that is on some interesting varieties of crack once you start getting up there.

That said, being able to pick up and throw a truck is already "lift and throw 5 tons" honestly.

There's also a sharp difference between "things vampires can do in the fiction material" and "the terrible attempts to stat them to represent that". So for instance Menele can call up elemental spirits that let him cause volcanic eruptions to the point that the reason for Pompeii in the WoD is "Menele frenzied", but you wouldn't know it to look at his points. Mithras, before a bunch of terrible recent retcons from a developer doing straight up self insert fanfiction in ways I don't have the strength to describe, could take being incendiary bombed to the face during the Blitz, which should be a death sentence for vampires, and only get knocked into torpor, then wake up decades later and while still weak still physically kill out an entire sept of werewolves (and then yes, be expended enough afterwards that some rando neonate could roll up and diablerize him, but then have his sheer will be such that he just takes over the neonate's body from within).
    Point taken. :)

The Strength to throw a truck, mind, is noted as being something like 6000 lbs, which is ~3 tons. I'm being somewhat picky with that, because for several strength points below that on the chart, the increase is a whopping 1000 lbs per Strength point (or ~1/2 ton). So when I go with 'Strength 17, maybe 5 tons throwing around', unless the scale suddenly shoots upward, we're talking 8000 lbs, which is around 4 tons.

I don't really see Strength 17 as being 'can lift and toss around more than 5 tons', given the scale, how it rises, the numbers they use, etc. Ie, it's not a big jump over 15 - 6000 lbs to maybe 8000 doesn't make a huge difference when judging against comic book people.

If you get my drift. ^_^

Regards the other disciplines, very valid point. I was thinking more about strength and the other physical stuff, without considering the various more mystical stuff vampires can get up to in V:TM, which...yeah, easily crosses into comic book territory. One needs only look at Auspex and Obfuscate, even in their first five points, to see that.

Koldunic Sorcery, that's good stuff. Was a player back in my old game who focused on that....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The thing of the chart while we're there is that it gets a bit into the weeds of that storyteller system for some baffling reason separates "can lift this without issue" from "feats of strength", like they're treated as separate things. I couldn't tell you why honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The thing of the chart while we're there is that it gets a bit into the weeds of that storyteller system for some baffling reason separates "can lift this without issue" from "feats of strength", like they're treated as separate things. I couldn't tell you why honestly.
    Truth.

It's White Wolf; consistency and sensibility aren't exactly their watchwords, eh?

I mean, we can get into that kind of thing in one way or another with most PnP RPG's, but. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ok but what if she's forced to watch the 2015 movie? How does she withstand that?
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

...she likely asks Vasilisa to finish its job.
    Why are we here?

That movie was just awful. Truly awful.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure